• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is love to you?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I didn't see one of these threads around so I thought I'd make one. What is 'love' to you?

To me it's more than physical,mental, or spiritual. Love is a drug you can't live without and sometimes can't live with. It's something that's caused wars, peace, and many other things that meet in the middle.

Some people love others selfishly and I'll admit I'm guilty of this. I can be selfish with my love for someone and only want them to love me back as that's only natural, but you can't expect that everytime. I guess you could say I'm in the dangerous 'friendzone' and I need to keep it that way to keep others from being hurt. I'm currently in the middle of a super complicated/complex situation that's both excruciatingly painful and humbling to me.

Being in love with someone who is taken will do that to you. Whoever is on here who also has a bf or gf that loves you back... you're the luckiest person on earth and you should cherish that person day-in and day-out. It's a one in a million moment to have such luck.

I hope to someday be like you, being loved back must feel excellent. Feeling the love you feel for the other person... I can only imagine. I feel as though I won't be complete until I find my 'other half', and until then I'll only be half of who I am and can be. I guess you could say I'm a Romantic... I'm obsessed with the idea of love, poetry, tragedy, comedy, and anything that has to do with the heart. Anywho, before I get too mushy I'd like to hear your opinions on this matter. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Love...Whether it be for an object, a person, or an idea, is the a source of power that gives us the strength to ALWAYS do right by whatever we love...Love is the power to protect those closest to us...Love is the power to bring the idea of giving the homeless homes to life, and love is the power that unites humans...Every human loves SOMETHING...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Love...Whether it be for an object, a person, or an idea, is the a source of power that gives us the strength to ALWAYS do right by whatever we love...Love is the power to protect those closest to us...Love is the power to bring the idea of giving the homeless homes to life, and love is the power that unites humans...Every human loves SOMETHING...

I agree. I also wanted to add that love can make a human sacrifice themselves for another, even if it's for a stupid reason. Love does make you do stupid things. I'll list a few I did for my ex...

1. Buy expensive chocolates I could not afford.
2. Do drugs I didn't even think of trying before she did.
3. Carry her for a mile just to get to a bus stop because she was 'sleepy' and needed someone to carry her.
4. and lastly... try to believe her lies, even though I knew full well she was lying.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree. I also wanted to add that love can make a human sacrifice themselves for another, even if it's for a stupid reason. Love does make you do stupid things. I'll list a few I did for my ex...

1. Buy expensive chocolates I could not afford.
2. Do drugs I didn't even think of trying before she did.
3. Carry her for a mile just to get to a bus stop because she was 'sleepy' and needed someone to carry her.
4. and lastly... try to believe her lies, even though I knew full well she was lying.
Ya...I agree...It does make you CRAZY things...I wouldn't say stupid...Because in the end, you learned something...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Okay so this MAY be the wine talking, but has anyone ever viewed love as a parasite? Eating away at your very being, but you can't control it, therefor making yourself sick and hypnotized by this so-called 'parasite' willing to do whatever it takes to make you have that temporary feeling of relief. In the long-run though it's not worth it.... I guess that is lust though. There's such a fine line between the two that even *I* get confused with it at times.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Okay so this MAY be the wine talking, but has anyone ever viewed love as a parasite? Eating away at your very being, but you can't control it, therefor making yourself sick and hypnotized by this so-called 'parasite' willing to do whatever it takes to make you have that temporary feeling of relief. In the long-run though it's not worth it.... I guess that is lust though. There's such a fine line between the two that even *I* get confused with it at times.
No...That's not love...That's the illusion of love...

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Love is the very thing that transcends space and time...it's the thing that soothes all aches and settles even the most anxious of hearts.

It has the unique characteristic of lifting the soul to a place that feels uncanningly like home.

I'm not talking about teenage crushes, or puppy love.. i'm talking about the thing that empowers human beings to break the laws of the natural world. The kind that you wish came in bottles.

Unfortunately, peoples idea of love never seems to go beyond.. acceptance and appreciation... if only it were that easy.

ps, you can tell when i'm smoking during posting eh lol.

Popo

Pretty much sums it up for me... never had that feeling of being loved back.. always been in pain..

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Pretty much sums it up for me... never had that feeling of being loved back.. always been in pain..

One-sided love is the worst, and unfortunately happens the most. You'll find someone someday though that will treat you right and not put you through too much pain. If the pain overweighs the joy then it's not worth it. Unfortunately, I can't take my own advice either because I keep getting caught in the middle of situations like this. lol

Popo

One-sided love is the worst, and unfortunately happens the most. You'll find someone someday though that will treat you right and not put you through too much pain. If the pain overweighs the joy then it's not worth it. Unfortunately, I can't take my own advice either because I keep getting caught in the middle of situations like this. lol

In my current situation, the problem is that I don't know if it is one-sided love, because she confuses me a lot, sometimes it seems like she feels something for me, but I'm very afraid to make a move, because I like her too much to wanna ruin our friendship...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
In my current situation, the problem is that I don't know if it is one-sided love, because she confuses me a lot, sometimes it seems like she feels something for me, but I'm very afraid to make a move, because I like her too much to wanna ruin our friendship...

Ah women... we confuse our own gender even. I don't understand them either so were in the same boat here... but my advice to you is: you'll never know until you make the initiative. She'll more than likely have more respect for you if you do, and chicks dig guys with 'balls' if you know what I mean. :p So, I say go for it and good luck!

Meg

So bin ich eben
Love is examining the sunscreen aisle for ten minutes in order to pick out the best one to give to your friend just because you love her and don't want her to get sunburned again. And you're tired of hearing her complain about it as well. :p

Ah women... we confuse our own gender even. I don't understand them either so were in the same boat here... but my advice to you is: you'll never know until you make the initiative. She'll more than likely have more respect for you if you do, and chicks dig guys with 'balls' if you know what I mean. :p So, I say go for it and good luck!
And some chicks dig guys with a vagina. If you know what I mean. ;)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
And some chicks dig guys with a vagina. If you know what I mean. ;)

LOL I've never gotten the saying "having the balls to do it." because balls are weak and can't take a good pounding and they don't give birth to humans like a Vagina can if you know what I mean. ;) We should start saying "if you have the vagina to do it!". Makes more sense really...

Top Bottom