• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is love to you?

Popo

What is love? To me, unfortunately it has been the cause of a lot of pain, mostly because I usually am such a fool and don't know how to deal with certain situations, and due to my lack of social skills(and I'm not really a good looking guy either). What is the main problem? The problem is, when I fall in love, I get deep in. Sometimes I get to the point of obsession, when I can't get those thoughts out of my mind. I'm fine on my own to be honest, I never really feel the need of a romantic relationship until the time I fall for someone, when I'm in love, all I think of is about how I'm afraid to always be alone, how it has been 18 years and no girlfriend, and will it be too late for love?(I look like a girl saying this kind of stuff xD). Since school is over my social life doesn't exist. I spend most of my time at home playing guitar or on the computer. But once again, I think the only one to blame here is me, but I can't change, I just don't know how to get a girl to be interested in me, I just don't.
Sorry for always coming to these topics and complain about stuff like this but it's actually the only place where I am open about this subject, I usually keep thoughts to myself.

P.S: About giving advice, yeah, I usually give great advice, but when it comes to me, I don't know what to do xD

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
P.S: About giving advice, yeah, I usually give great advice, but when it comes to me, I don't know what to do xD

I do this same exact thing lol I dish out wonderful advice to my friends, but can't quite seem to follow my own advice. *sigh* You'll find love eventually, we all will. You deserve it, you're a really sweet guy and deserve a girl who will give you with the same level of respect that you'll give her! :)

letmelive311

Thought of something really inspiring to say about what it feels like to love...

As if my heart is beating so hard that my chest can barely contain it.
that my heart doesn't belong to me anymore, but belongs to you.
And If one wanted it, I would want nothing for it in exchange
no gifts, no goods or demonstrations of devotions
nothing but knowing you love me too.
Just your heart in exchange for mine.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
"Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet. And has a shape. Now, try to describe me shape of pear"- A.Sapkowski, polish writer, "Witcher" series.

Love is a feeling hard to describe. It's not stupid post on Facebook "luv ya so much" , it's not a jewellery or a new car as a gift... It's the moment, when you newborn child cryin' in a crib at night, and you say to your partner "Ok, honey, sleep well, I'll take care". It's moment, when you want to do everything for people, which you love. When you forgive every bad things, and when you see your wife or husband after 20 years of marriage, your heart still beats faster than normal. Love is a self-sacrifice for family and country, for children and parents... ;)

letmelive311

"Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet. And has a shape. Now, try to describe me shape of pear"- A.Sapkowski, polish writer, "Witcher" series.

Love is a feeling hard to describe. It's not stupid post on Facebook "luv ya so much" , it's not a jewellery or a new car as a gift... It's the moment, when you newborn child cryin' in a crib at night, and you say to your partner "Ok, honey, sleep well, I'll take care". It's moment, when you want to do everything for people, which you love. When you forgive every bad things, and when you see your wife or husband after 20 years of marriage, your heart still beats faster than normal. Love is a self-sacrifice for family and country, for children and parents... ;)

beautiful

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I believe love is the willingness to do literally anything that will stop the death or suffering of someone that you love.

I don't believe you can only be in love with one person, there are 7 billion people, it's not logical to say that you can only love, or be IN love with only one person. If it was true i think there would not be as many breakups or divorces. I'm not saying polygamy is great either, but the "marriage" idea just doesn't appeal to me, I feel like I could take a bullet for many people, including a few ex-boyfriends, because they are good human beings and because of the fact that I love every single one of them and wouldn't want them to be hurt in any way

Flipqy42

Nevermore
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I've always liked this quote.

Some Nights

No Shape
It's been said in this thread a few times but the closest meaning to love for me (if I've even experienced it, that is) is being willing to do anything and everything for someone. Wanting to spend almost all of your time with a person is a decent sign too. Recently I have unfortunately "fallen in love" with someone that just won't feel the same way back. I'm content with the friendship I have and genuinely enjoy doing things with them though. I've even done things that I otherwise wouldn't have done without them. Even if I can't tell them personally, they are probably the best thing that could have happened to me at this point in time. I have genuinely felt a lot better about myself and have gained more confidence just from going out with them to parties and various things. I just hope that I don't mess things up or end up regretting the friendship in the future.

Reactions: svp

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Coming out of a relationship I can tell you what love is NOT.

Love is not selfish.
Love has no malicious intent.
Love is not an idea nor an object.

I can also tell you from one sided experience what love IS.

Love is selfless.
Love is endearing.
Love hurts, but if it didn't then it wouldn't be worth it now would it?

Love means you see someone as your soulmate, not sex object. Sure, some of us have sexual urges, but when were in love with a person we don't see ourselves going all... animalistic on that person. Which also leads me to say love is tender and gentle both physically, spiritually, and mentally. You give yourself to that person with everything you've got, and again I don't just mean physically. When you love someone you'll listen to every word they say... not brush them off.

I've learned a lot of things about myself as of late. When you're in a relationship you tend to get to know yourself more surprisingly.

Also, when you're in love it doesn't necessarily mean the other person loves you back. This is the only kind of love I've ever known... one sided love. It's miserable, but amazing at the same time. Anyone who's best friends or good friends with someone they're in love with... do NOT try to make it more than what it is if you already know it will go nowhere. Savor every second you have with that person. You're lucky to be breathing the same air as them, listening to them, and having them give you the time of day.

Well that was a lot, but this is how I feel. :)

Some Nights

No Shape
I know this is a bit of an old thread (I hope it isn't too old to revive) but I was wondering what everyone's views on "love at first sight" are. Do you believe it's actually a thing or simply not possible?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I think it's totally a thing! As a matter of fact, the longest relationship I've ever had started off that way (for both of us). Luckily, we had just about everything in common as well. So... yeah. I think love at first sight is totally a thing.

Some Nights

No Shape
I think it's totally a thing! As a matter of fact, the longest relationship I've ever had started off that way (for both of us). Luckily, we had just about everything in common as well. So... yeah. I think love at first sight is totally a thing.
I feel pretty similar minus the long relationship in result (at least for now.) I always thought it was hilarious when people mentioned it and then it kind of just happened to me haha.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Forgive the double post, but this is the only thread this anecdote really fits in, and I wanted to share it with you all.

So, I went to the wedding of one of my oldest friends' not long ago, and my brother and I rode across the state with the friend through whom we met said friend. At first, it was great! All the old rapport snapped right back into place and we were having a wonderful time. However, over the course of this long weekend, my friend grew more and more noticeably unhappy. The night of the wedding, he and I were riding alone and he bluntly asked if he could dump on me for a bit. He then told me about how he had recently broken up with his girlfriend of, like, four years. As he told me the circumstances of the breakup, I felt less and less sympathy for him and more for his girlfriend. Without getting into too much detail, it seemed to me that he blew one little thing so out of proportion (something he does often) that it killed their otherwise ideal relationship.

Here we had a guy who, putting it mildly, can be pretty abrasively quirky and a girl who was willing to look past all of his faults in favor of the great guy buried beneath (and he is in there), and he was too blinded by petty bull**** to realize what an amazing find he had made until it was far too late. I've seen a number of longtime relationships around me crumbling for stupid reasons lately, and I've found it quite disheartening. I brought this up because I've been lying in bed sick all day listening to my walkman on shuffle, and it played this one particular song four times in a row featuring the line "many could live on what we have wasted" and it was the first time I've ever found the line to be almost disgusting. I think if people would just take the time to ponder briefly on a situation, they wouldn't make decisions that led only to a place of misery. People always say hindsight is 20/20, but what they fail to realize is that foresight often can be as well.

So, on top of love being understanding, acceptance, sacrifice, and any number of things mentioned in this wonderful thread, I'd like to submit that love is foresight as well. Being able to recognize a consistently good thing in the midst of momentarily bad things can make all the difference.

Dede

e6pvdc.jpg

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom