• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 What are your thoughts on RE7 so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I'm very excited and hyped. When I first saw the trailer during E3 livestream for whatever reason I thought it was a new Alan Wake game due to its seemingly rural America setting and flashlight gameplay. Then RE 7 was revealed and it got massive applaud from the audience. So yeah I think the game/demo looks awesome and has great potentials, definitely a return to survival horror. I know some people may not like first person gameplay but hey, there won't be co-op so thank you Capcom!! I can't wait!!

I have a theory.

What if we got the whole RE going to its root in the wrong way. if you all remember RE1 took place in a mansion. Which is considered as a Residential building filled with Evil.
There's a rumor that the very first resi game was originally planned to be made with first-person gameplay.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Despite the game being in first-person, which I absolutely hate, I am looking forward to this game and the story that unfolds.

The Umbrella logo is featured on that old picture of the helicopter so we will definitely be hearing about them again and the rival company they ****ed off this time around.
Really wanting to hear which characters from the past games will be featured in this one. I have a very strong feeling Rebecca will be involved based off of that image of that girl who has her exact haircut and facial features and the rumors of her being in the CGI film. Alex will hopefully be involved as well. Dammit I want Chris and or Claire in it too but this just might not be their game... Then again its still up in the air because Capcom has left everything so vague.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
After watching the interview with Capcom's devs on RE7 I feel a bit relieved.

So the game's not gonna be horror walking simulator à la Outlast/Amnesia clone :)
From what I can gather is that it'll be be more like Alien:Isolation (which is a great game by the way)
and that means we will be able to defend ourselves, instead of just playing hide and seek with the enemy all the time.

So I guess now I can actually look forward to RE7, although I'm still not used to see a RE game in first-person, well not a main title at least :/

Cheer

Kamen Rider
You know I am starting to think that Pete (The guy in suit who talk too much) is hiding something. I mean
he went to the room that has the TV. and the first thing he did was going to the fireplace and look inside as if he knows that there is a hidden lever.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You know I am starting to think that Pete (The guy in suit who talk too much) is hiding something. I mean
he went to the room that has the TV. and the first thing he did was going to the fireplace and look inside as if he knows that there is a hidden lever.

I don't know. It looked like he ended up on the cutting room floor.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I said I was going to post screen shots, but I don't feel I need too. Others have the covered and what I thought I saw in the trailer. Was incorrect in the game. It's there, but I was seeing things xD It actually can look like two different things based on your perception. What I thought I saw wasn't one of them.

That aside. I need to ask. Has anyone closely inspected that fuse? ;) I found it to be... very intriguing. I'm curious how everyone interprets it. I have what I think it is written down, but I want us all to put our heads together and see what others see first. I'm curious because of two specific things that I want to confirm with others and see if their findings match up with mine :/

Also a little other thing I've noticed that that the Clock is set to 7:50 at all times. I decided to see if there was a biblical meaning to it. http://biblehub.com/commentaries/luke/7-50.htm I find this very interesting. Perhaps it's about that girl in the picture? Or the ghost. The boy who got seduced by the succubus is perhaps that Lucas (was that his name) kid that was mentioned. It could also represent a good and bad in a woman. For example Natalia being the one trying to do good and find salvation and be saved, where Alex is the sinner and the evil one. Of course that's just speculation. The girl on the cover really makes me think of Natalia. While this could mean nothing at all. I do note that the main protagonist is always on the cover of a game if there is a character present. I believe the only exception is one of the PAL versions of RE4 that has the chainsaw guy on it in the woods. I could be wrong on this though. Plus it doesn't mean that is the final cover, but it is something that has me intrigued

The "Simplygon" logo is related to one of the developers helping with the games. Backwards it spells "No Glyphis". A glyphis is a river shark. We do see a sea bass on the wall above where we find the finger. I don't think there is anything here though and it's just a coincidence with the name.

Yes I spent a lot of time replaying the demo and over analyzing EVERYTHING. Dat fuse tho.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
You know the part where you get the lockpick in the VHS and unlock the drawer and get the Axe in real world reminds me of a scene from a movie called Stay Alive.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You know the part where you get the lockpick in the VHS and unlock the drawer and get the Axe in real world reminds me of a scene from a movie called Stay Alive.

LMAO! I don't even remember. That movie was ****. I saw that years ago when it came out in theaters. It had some real potential as well. I guess it was better than "Gamer" but even still. The movie had a couple of decent actors. Jimmi Simpson is a really talented actor. I just found out he's 40. I thought he was barely 30 xD

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have mixed feelings. I don't like the first person concept too much. But some games let you change to the perspective you like, like racing games. So that could help with that. But if it's for the VR console, that might not even be an option.

I am okay if they create new characters and a new story. As long as it is good, the I am all good too. I can wait to see what happens to Leon or Chris for another day.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
But some games let you change to the perspective you like, like racing games. So that could help with that. But if it's for the VR console, that might not even be an option.

If they do what Fallout does and the player can press down on the right thumbstick to switch between first and third person, that'd be cool. It would certainly be nice for the folks who don't have big, heavy, expensive VR headsets.

Fizzman

I do have a fear that they will focus too much on the horror aspect like shown in the Demo. Because it's first person and it's taking place in a mansion I kind of feel like it could end up being very Outlasty. Itf they went that route it would still probably be a very good game, but definitely not a good RE game. I do know there is obviously going to be combat so I wasn't comparing it to outlast in that sense, just the horror aspect. Let's just hope they take the combat serious instead of flooding the game with horror.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I dont know why people say this is going back to their roots.... this is absolutely nothing like resident evil in any way what so ever !!!! I have been a fan since the first day resident evil hit playstation and this is not Resident Evil

HELLBOY1980

If they do what Fallout does and the player can press down on the right thumbstick to switch between first and third person, that'd be cool. It would certainly be nice for the folks who don't have big, heavy, expensive VR headsets.
they said its only first person and i feel they have lost their way and are doing anything they can to cash in on the indy game horrors and are totally lost since the ending of 6

HELLBOY1980

hopefully the new spin offs , revelation games , and re2make are what i am looking for in my resident evil games cause i just cant do the first person run away games ..they are just terrible and not resident evil to me!!! also I really hate the fact its first person !!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I dont know why people say this is going back to their roots.... this is absolutely nothing like resident evil in any way what so ever !!!! I have been a fan since the first day resident evil hit playstation and this is not Resident Evil
they said its only first person and i feel they have lost their way and are doing anything they can to cash in on the indy game horrors and are totally lost since the ending of 6
hopefully the new spin offs , revelation games , and re2make are what i am looking for in my resident evil games cause i just cant do the first person run away games ..they are just terrible and not resident evil to me!!! also I really hate the fact its first person !!
Please, just have multiple paragraphs in one post and edit your posts if you want to add something later. I know I'm supposed to leave it alone and let the moderators take care of it, but you've been asked to stop multiple times and you won't, then you get mad. Are you doing it on purpose or something? The moderators shouldn't have to edit most of your posts like they have been.

HELLBOY1980

Please, just have multiple paragraphs in one post and edit your posts if you want to add something later. I know I'm supposed to leave it alone and let the moderators take care of it, but you've been asked to stop multiple times and you won't, then you get mad. Are you doing it on purpose or something? The moderators shouldn't have to edit most of your posts like they have been.
wow youre annoying .... ! why do you give a damn how i write and how long it is ??? youre supposed to discuss games not be a cry baby about my messages being to long for your little eyes

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@HELLBOY1980
Lmao your last post was rude and will likely get you in trouble for that one. That wasn't cool and you owe her a big apology.

Nobody cares about how long a post is what you have to say. Just say it, but you're posting it all just minutes apart and claiming that it's not at the sometime.

So make a pause break paragraph for each thought section. These are different things you can say, while all being in a coherent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom