• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What are your opinions on the two mystery character?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I really hope Alex Wesker to be completely different than Albert. I'd like to see what happened to the research, and it'd be cool if Alex were a girl. I don't want Alex Wesker to be a copy of Albert Wesker.

Well if we are to go by what was said on the Resident Evil wiki site.

The text in Lost in Nightmares suffered from being translated to English.

Even though the English translation never mentions whether he is a boy or a girl the Japanese translation refers to him as a "He".

Not sure if it true since I have never seen the japanese version of the files in Lost in Nightmares.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Well if we are to go by what was said on the Resident Evil wiki site.

The text in Lost in Nightmares suffered from being translated to English.

Even though the English translation never mentions whether he is a boy or a girl the Japanese translation refers to him as a "He".

Not sure if it true since I have never seen the japanese version of the files in Lost in Nightmares.

Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of information was lost with the translations. Fan-translations of some in-game documents, Wesker's Reports, and other material reveal a lot of unknown or distorted information...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of information was lost with the translations. Fan-translations of some in-game documents, Wesker's Reports, and other material reveal a lot of unknown or distorted information...

yea your right.

But if what was said about the japanese translation is true that would mean that he is definitely a guy since the japanese translation is the original while the english translation came later.

Redfield Fan 93

I Always come prepared.
Everyone seems to be stating it is Alex Wesker, i havent even heard of Alex Wesker until RE6 was announced, i have more belief that it is HUNK or a new character.

WeskersBrother

But the difference between Steve and Leon is that Leon was already an adult when he was first introduced which means that his appearance over the years would not change "to much".

But Steve was only a teenager when he was first revealed which means that he is going from a "teen" to a full blown "adult" that is in his late 20s.

Also, Take a look at Chris as he aged from 25 (RE1) to 35 (RE5)

Notice how drastically a person can change in 10 years.
OH GOD!!!!!
Chris's old haircut is awful

... he's gotta Vanilla Ice thing goin' on

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I always thought Alex would be in this game, since RER will have Il Vetro and that weired hair guy as enemies... And RER happens before RE5, if they don't mention Alex anywhere, probably they hadn't met him yet xD
I think Alex was introduced in LIN because they were starting RE6 production by that time.

I think you might remember my theory awhile back about LIN and Alex. I thought I had it all figured out. Haha.

Of course that theory sorta still stands. But not as much. I mean they've revealed a good amount of stuff that's really thrown me for a loop.

I've actually become more and less interested in RER. I'm still going to get it as soon as it comes out on the 7th, but yeah, just weird the turns it's made.

I remember when all we had was that little teaser.

Is Veltro the guy in the gas mask btw? I saw him unmasked in some sort of spoiler vid, and well...I don't want to spoil anything, but he looks a bit different than I expected. This vid was in Jap too, so I can't say much about the voice. I guess no HUNK?

I'm still curious about that first teaser. Anyway RER will come out soon and I will be the first to play and beat it.:) I got a 3DS which means I one step there.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think you might remember my theory awhile back about LIN and Alex. I thought I had it all figured out. Haha.

Of course that theory sorta still stands. But not as much. I mean they've revealed a good amount of stuff that's really thrown me for a loop.

I've actually become more and less interested in RER. I'm still going to get it as soon as it comes out on the 7th, but yeah, just weird the turns it's made.

I remember when all we had was that little teaser.

Is Veltro the guy in the gas mask btw? I saw him unmasked in some sort of spoiler vid, and well...I don't want to spoil anything, but he looks a bit different than I expected. This vid was in Jap too, so I can't say much about the voice. I guess no HUNK?

I'm still curious about that first teaser. Anyway RER will come out soon and I will be the first to play and beat it.:) I got a 3DS which means I one step there.

I remember you having a theory, but not the details xD
Il Veltro is a terrorist organization, and the guy in the gas mask seems to be the leader... I don't think he's HUNK (could be him in an older version lol).
I saww the japanese release trailer... In that trailer, weired hair guy seems to be one of the good guys, but I think he'll be an antagonist during the Queen Zenobia incident. I'd bet Parker will become that huge BOW, not the gas-mask guy.
I've also heard theories that Jessica will betray the BSAA. And I'm REALLY curious about that blonde girl, Rachel.

Well, this is off topic, so if you want to continue this discussion, we'd better move it to the Revelations section...

AlexAnnRedfield

Is it really worth it?
My honest to God opinion?
Ashley & Steve
The Blond Chick
Let's talk about the blond chick who looks like Ashley and HAS THE SAME VOICE AS ASHLEY!? Al thought i still can't place out how she would have meet Steve or how she would get involved in that Mercenary crap, it's obvious it's her but just a little more independence and slightly less annoying, OLDER? HMMM? Maybe after the events of Resident Evil 4 she begged Leon to train her? Maybe she trained herself? Maybe she joined the military? I don't know just a little something, something to think about.
Now the male mercenary.
Let's get this straight it's not Alex Wesker. Alex Wesker is a she! I mean come on "There all dead because of that bitch" Don't that ring a bell? It cant be Excella because she's ****ing dead. Sherry? NO! She would still have the image of Leon and Clair in her mind and would like to make them proud some how. I mean they practically saved her life! She could turn into someone evil... or could she? -dun dun DUUUUUN-
But anyway a person can change a lot in 10 year and so could Steve i mean look at the pictures above! Even if he has a shaved head you can tell that he has red hair like Steve, his eyes are the same color and the shape of his head is more or less the same. There is no denying that the guy looks way to much like Steve and why is that BECAUSE IT IS STEVE? I mean what did you guys expect the same teen age voice? the same immature impatient teen? He was abducted by Wesker, who knows what the guy did to him!?

Levan

Polkka. lol
Oddly enough, after the release of the RE6 trailer I find myself coming back to this site. lol.

But... anyway, @topic.

After looking at the massive debate going onto this thread, I gotta say, the guy has a high possibility of being Steve. Or if not, a new character. But either way, Alex Wesker doesn't seem to be a possible candidate for me. Well, for starters, Alex should be evil like Albert was, wouldn't he? And he wouldn't be going around being a mercenary.

Though I've noticed one fact - after looking at the trailer, this new character seems to be superhuman in some way. He's not carrying any weapons, he tackles that zombie in the trailer like a boss, and even goes head to head with a B.O.W. on a somewhat very shabby rooftop. If he were, at all, just an ordinary human, he would be using at least a gun of some sorts. But no. He's carrying none, and he's tackling and punching those zombies like a freaking boss. lol.

Yeah, this evidence might just point out to Alex Wesker because, well, he "is" supposedly superhuman too, but then again, Albert did say that he would bring back Steve "like he was". So apparently Steve being superhuman the moment he returns in the franchise shouldn't really be unexpected. And wow, I really like the comparisons of pictures, it kind of supports this theory a lot more.

As for the girl - I can't really say. Some people say she's voiced by the same VA as Ashley, yet she doesn't "look" older, supposing that a few years had already passed since that incident in Spain with Leon. In fact, she actually does look a bit younger, unless it's the awesome graphics that's playing mind games on me. But nevertheless, even if it was the same VA, there's no certainty as of yet, especially since people can simply recycle VA's in order to save money. And since Ashley's VA sounds like the typical young girl, who would know if it really is a different person.

And I'm pretty curious, I wonder who the woman was that was seemingly blaming herself during the first parts of the trailer. Maybe that's Ashley, considering she did age over the years, and the fact that she was involved in an incident considering infections and whatnot, who would know if she was secretly inserted with a virus of some sort and unintentionally spread the virus the moment she came home. But then again, it's a totally random thought, no evidence. Perhaps it really is her based on the fact that she seems to be talking to Leon (based on context and the flow of the scenes in the trailer), and she looks older than what Sherry should look like (who's probably supposed to be like around... what? Her 20's? But the woman looks a lot older than that in the beginning, so it may have not been Sherry.)

But pretty much - Steve all the way!

bruno

Chief Researcher
The woman with Leon is Helena Harper, she's presidential secrity. I'd guess she was responsible for any security fails which lead to the infection of the president or the outbreak.
Ashley's VA confirmed she's not working in RE6. However, every possibility is open.
About the mistery guy, I'm starting to believe he's a new character.
And Alex is not supposed to be a villian. He did research and use humans as test subjects, but all of his research has disappeared, he might have realised how dangerous his work was and may be trying to hide it (in that case, he'd be more like an anti-hero, not a villian)... It's unknown what kind of character he'll be. Some sources state that translation from the original japanese files suggest Alex is a male.
I think there's a chance that the "bitch" might be Jessica, in fact, she betrays the BSAA and I've heard she doesn't die in the Queen Zenobia incident, so she might be back as a villian now.

Levan

Polkka. lol
The woman with Leon is Helena Harper, she's presidential secrity. I'd guess she was responsible for any security fails which lead to the infection of the president or the outbreak.
Ashley's VA confirmed she's not working in RE6. However, every possibility is open.
About the mistery guy, I'm starting to believe he's a new character.
And Alex is not supposed to be a villian. He did research and use humans as test subjects, but all of his research has disappeared, he might have realised how dangerous his work was and may be trying to hide it (in that case, he'd be more like an anti-hero, not a villian)... It's unknown what kind of character he'll be. Some sources state that translation from the original japanese files suggest Alex is a male.
I think there's a chance that the "bitch" might be Jessica, in fact, she betrays the BSAA and I've heard she doesn't die in the Queen Zenobia incident, so she might be back as a villian now.

Oh, never knew about that Helena Harper. Dang, thought it was Ashley... in some way. lol. But anyway, I wonder what happens to her now that her dear ol' daddy just became a zombie, especially if she isn't that short-haired girl that the new character accompanies.

Thanks for clearing about Alex a bit. Wondering what exactly did he research, but nevertheless, it doesn't really seem to be much important if he did probably hide it. But the fact that he was mentioned in RE5 (Is it? Haven't really been keeping up with RE for a few years... lol) probably gives a huge probabilty that he/she would appear in RE6. But anyway, yeah, he certainly doesn't seem to fit as that new character at all.

Haven't really gotten to the story of RER as of yet, but, if Jessica did betray the BSAA, then what organization was she working under on? A friend of Ada, perhaps? Or maybe just a damn evil woman like Excella was, lol. But anyway, I'm hoping to learn a lot more about her once RER comes out.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Alex appeared in spencers memos in Lost in Nightmares (a DLC, explaining what happened at the Spencer Estate in 2005).

Alex and Albert were the only survivors of the Wesker children. Alex was working for Spencer, in an unknown island, trying to create him an immortality virus (So Spencer could extend his lifetime). Spencer says that he sent him numerous guinea pigs, but it wouldn't matter, if he could make the virus (or something like that). Alex eventually reported he had successfully created the virus, but then every researcher, test subject or any trace of the research just vanished. We don't know who did it, or what the hell happened. Alex might as well be dead by now...

If you don't want SPOILERS about RER, don't read the next part:

The BSAA sent 4 teams to investigate Il Veltro: Chris & Jessica, Jill & Parker, Keith & Quint, Rachel & Raymond Vester (=weired hair guy).
Vester was also supposed to discover which of the other agents was a mole. He eventually discovers that the mole is Jessica, but later, it's revealed he was working with her all along. They both escape with a t-abyss virus sample and their current location is unknown, so they might be in RE6...

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I dunno guys, I'm puttin' my money on the mystery characters being Sherry & Alex. When I look at the male mystery character, and I look over at Wesker on the right of the forum lol, I see some similarities. But hey...who knows? This is Resident Evil..anything can happen lmao.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
My honest to God opinion?
Ashley & Steve
The Blond Chick
Let's talk about the blond chick who looks like Ashley and HAS THE SAME VOICE AS ASHLEY!? Al thought i still can't place out how she would have meet Steve or how she would get involved in that Mercenary crap, it's obvious it's her but just a little more independence and slightly less annoying, OLDER? HMMM? Maybe after the events of Resident Evil 4 she begged Leon to train her? Maybe she trained herself? Maybe she joined the military? I don't know just a little something, something to think about.
Now the male mercenary.
Let's get this straight it's not Alex Wesker. Alex Wesker is a she! I mean come on "There all dead because of that bitch" Don't that ring a bell? It cant be Excella because she's ******* dead. Sherry? NO! She would still have the image of Leon and Clair in her mind and would like to make them proud some how. I mean they practically saved her life! She could turn into someone evil... or could she? -dun dun DUUUUUN-
But anyway a person can change a lot in 10 year and so could Steve i mean look at the pictures above! Even if he has a shaved head you can tell that he has red hair like Steve, his eyes are the same color and the shape of his head is more or less the same. There is no denying that the guy looks way to much like Steve and why is that BECAUSE IT IS STEVE? I mean what did you guys expect the same teen age voice? the same immature impatient teen? He was abducted by Wesker, who knows what the guy did to him!?
Ashleys voice actor confirmed that she has not done any voice acting it is sherry

Levan

Polkka. lol
Alex appeared in spencers memos in Lost in Nightmares (a DLC, explaining what happened at the Spencer Estate in 2005).

Alex and Albert were the only survivors of the Wesker children. Alex was working for Spencer, in an unknown island, trying to create him an immortality virus (So Spencer could extend his lifetime). Spencer says that he sent him numerous guinea pigs, but it wouldn't matter, if he could make the virus (or something like that). Alex eventually reported he had successfully created the virus, but then every researcher, test subject or any trace of the research just vanished. We don't know who did it, or what the hell happened. Alex might as well be dead by now...

If you don't want SPOILERS about RER, don't read the next part:

The BSAA sent 4 teams to investigate Il Veltro: Chris & Jessica, Jill & Parker, Keith & Quint, Rachel & Raymond Vester (=weired hair guy).
Vester was also supposed to discover which of the other agents was a mole. He eventually discovers that the mole is Jessica, but later, it's revealed he was working with her all along. They both escape with a t-abyss virus sample and their current location is unknown, so they might be in RE6...

Well, mentioning him in the game would seem pretty pointless if he was really dead. But if he vanished, yeah, it could be that, probably realizing that the immortality virus was very powerful, he decided to betray Spencer the moment he discovered the virus.

And thanks for the info about Jessica. I don't really mind spoilers, actually. I'm probably the rare few who appreciate spoilers, lol. But pretty much, those two remind me a lot of Ada's previous goals. Maybe those two people are related to Ada somehow... co-worker perhaps?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
. When I look at the male mystery character, and I look over at Wesker on the right of the forum lol, I see some similarities.

Really?

Name some of those similarities please.

Because I do not see 1 bit of resemblance between the 2 at all.

And another thing that tosses the possibility of it being Alex out the window is the fact that he does not have the RED EYES that comes after you take the virus like Albert does.

It was revealed that Alex and Albert both took the virus and where the only ones to survive. There are only 2 side effects and one of the most visible one is the fact that their eyes change to similar to how Alberts look now.

Clearly that guy in the trailer did not have such eyes.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Aside from the whole "eyes" thing, I don't see how you can't see the similarities between Wesker and our mystery character. I personally see it around the eyes and the mouth. I do agree however, that our mystery character does resemble Steve as well. In due time, we'll find out who we're dealing with here.

Top Bottom