• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What are your opinions on the two mystery character?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I've been wanting to see Alex Wesker for a long time. I'm still thinking RER is his game, so I might leave him alone for RE6.
I always thought Alex would be in this game, since RER will have Il Vetro and that weired hair guy as enemies... And RER happens before RE5, if they don't mention Alex anywhere, probably they hadn't met him yet xD
I think Alex was introduced in LIN because they were starting RE6 production by that time.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Found a even better comparison pick between Steve and the new guy.

waitwhat.jpg

How can you not see the resemblance?

Same hair color
Same Eye Color
Same Chin

The only thing that looks different is his face looks "aged" and his hair is shaved. Other than that the resemblance in definitely there.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It could go either way at this point. I think its Steve, you think its Alex, we will have to wait and see who is right (or if we are both wrong).

Alright then my money's on HUNK. :p

I mean they're all good possibilities but at the same time I think the guy looks like he might be a little too old to be Steve. Based on the pictures we've seen of him, I feel like he is in his late 30's early 40's. Chris is going to be around the ages of 35-39, depending on when this game takes place, and quite frankly I think Chris looks about the same age- or even a bit younger- than the unknown merc. And Chris had a good 8 years on Steve.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Alright then my money's on HUNK. :p

I mean they're all good possibilities but at the same time I think the guy looks like he might be a little too old to be Steve. Based on the pictures we've seen of him, I feel like he is in his late 30's early 40's. Chris is going to be around the ages of 35-39, depending on when this game takes place, and quite frankly I think Chris looks about the same age- or even a bit younger- than the unknown merc. And Chris had a good 8 years on Steve.

Wow you really think he looks like he is in his late 30s?

Oh..... Guess we just have two different outlooks on how ones supposed to look at a certain age.

To me he looks to be in his late 20s (maybe 27 or 28).

And what would be so important about HUNKs blood? so far he has shown himself to be pretty much human (a dangerous and deadly human but human none the less).

Also we already know how HUNK looks without his mask.

And he really doesn't resemble the guy in the slightest.....

Also, I always thought that after the fall of Umbrella HUNK might of went to work for one of their rivals such as "The Organization" or Tricell. I just can not picture him in a hero role. Also this guy seems alot more talkative than the silent HUNK we all know and love.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I do think he looks older than late 20's. Also that last pic of HUNK looks like it could have been the base for the newer model of him. He also seems to be big on the cash part so if anyone offers him the right amount he just might take them up on it. Can't really argue on how more quiet HUNK is in past games though.

But for the record I honestly wouldn't imagine Alex Wesker being in their 20's either. Especially if he was working with Umbrella around the same time Wesker was and based on the list, he's listed right after Albert.

We'll just have to wait and see. The reveal will be one hell of a surprise though, me thinks.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I have to agree that, unless they're changing everything we know about HUNK's character so far - physical appearance, characterization, personality and so on - it's most definitely not him.

Now this might be a little stupid and naive but I always imagined the Wesker children as having "perfect" traits - ie; blond hair, blue eyes, etc. - this guy doesn't fit into that little image. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Alex came before Albert since Albert was the last of the Wesker children so wouldn't that make him even older than Albert was? Not to mention the fact that, if Alex is so great like the Wesker children are supposed to be, genius little prodigies and what not, why in the world would he be a mercenary? Seriously? A merc is Spencer's pride and joy? That makes no sense what-so-ever. (Not that anything Capcom does ever makes any sense.)

I say it's either Steve or a new character.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I have to agree that, unless they're changing everything we know about HUNK's character so far - physical appearance, characterization, personality and so on - it's most definitely not him. This might be a little stupid and naive but I always imagined the Wesker children as having "perfect" traits - ie; blond hair, blue eyes, etc. - this guy doesn't fit into that little image. Alex also came before Albert in the project since Albert was the last of the Wesker children, if I'm not mistaken, so wouldn't he be even older than Albert was? Not to mention the fact that, if he's so great like the Wesker children are supposed to be, genius little prodigies and what not, why in the world would he be a mercenary? Seriously? A merc is Spencer's pride and joy? That makes no sense what-so-ever. (Not that anything Capcom does ever makes any sense.)

I say it's either Steve or a new character.

Great points and I agree!

I almost forgot that Alex was confirmed to be a prodigy who spent most of his time in research rather than the Field.

If I had to bet, I would say Albert has more experience on the battlefield then him since Albert actually was a part of STARS. If I had to bet, Alex was most likely just the type of guy devoted to research rather than fighting since Spencer never mentioned any battle capabilities. But seeing as how he also received the virus and survived that would mean that he would also have the same abilities as Wesker (super speed and super strength). But that guy in the trailer looked to be pretty much human....

Could you honestly picture someone of Albert's strength and speed getting caught and manhandled by a BOW?

I don't think so.

And considering Alex should have the same abilities that even further raises doubt that this new guy is Alex in my honest opinion.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
hahaha.:D

But on a serious note, IMPOSSIBLE.

Hahaha Yeah, I won't be surprised by anything at this point after what they did to Jill in RE5. :p I am hopeful that he is Steve, but I highly doubt it because I'm pretty sure he was confirmed dead. So this will most likely be Alex Wesker... It'd be awesome if it was Hunk! but again, highly doubtful it will be him either.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Hahaha Yeah, I won't be surprised by anything at this point after what they did to Jill in RE5. :p I am hopeful that he is Steve, but I highly doubt it because I'm pretty sure he was confirmed dead. So this will most likely be Alex Wesker... It'd be awesome if it was Hunk! but again, highly doubtful it will be him either.

But HOW could it be Alex?

People have pointed out numerous reasons why he could be Steve such as

The age seems right
Same Eye color
Same Hair Color
Same Ears
Same nose

But no one seems to be able to provide any thing to support the Alex theory other than the injection stuff... I think people simply just want to see Alex appear so bad that they are willing to believe any new male character could be him. But as I pointed out before, yes Steve did Die, but so did Wesker. and Wesker said that he may bring Steve BACK to life at some point which opened the door to the possibility of Steve returning since I'm sure Wesker would not say something like that if he could not.

And like i said above, how would you guys (the ones who say he is Alex) explain the complete lack of Wesker powers he has in that trailer? He looks pretty much human to me.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Well like I said earlier, I'd really love for it to be Steve, and if it IS him that would make my year. I'm probably one of the only people who actually like him and was sad to see him die in Code Veronica... But in RE5 they seemed to really be pushing Alex Wesker. Why would they even bring him up if he wont be in RE6? I'm really hoping that IS Steve, but you know how Capcom is... Everyone thought the blonde was Sherry in RE5, but she ended up being Jill. Not that I didn't like the twist, but I certainly would've preferred no Sheva and Jill as Chris' partner trying to save Sherry... Alas, Capcom never fully satisfies the fans, but I'll still play the game no matter what! You do have really good points though, I can't deny that... I just don't want to get my hopes up, because I know Capcom usually lets me down when I do.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well Wesker's powers came from the shot Birkin gave him.

On the subject of Steve and his chances of surviving:
In Darkside Chronicles Claire and Chris were going to go back for steve before they left and then found that his body was gone. The way everything was presented though made it feel like he could still be alive and return.
Though I don't see why Steve wouldn't make his presence known to someone like Claire after surviving, especially since he still seems to be able to make his own decisions (i.e. not being controlled by another person- only money heh)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well Wesker's powers came from the shot Birkin gave him.

The shot Birken gave Albert was the very same shot ALL the Wesker children received.

It was called the "Prototype virus".

Out of all the Wesker children only Alex and Albert survived.

Which means yes, Alex should also have the same abilities as Albert.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
LOL, well then. Nevermind.

Ya' know I hope they do nothing with this whole "Alex Wesker" b.s. I feel like it was something added onto the story so they could kill off Wesker and bring a new antagonist in who has a painfully similar name no less.

Before RE5 hadn't it always been presented that Wesker simply got the 'prototype virus' from Birkin just because he wanted to see if it would work on him?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Before RE5 hadn't it always been presented that Wesker simply got the 'prototype virus' from Birkin just because he wanted to see if it would work on him?

I don't recall it ever being explained why Wesker got the shot from Birken.

But it was confirmed that all the Wesker children who where alive at that time received the shot at the advice of friends,supposed heath checkup,and by force.

I don't think Albert or Alex fell in under any of these categories since I get the feeling that they both knew what they where getting into with the virus since they both had ties with Umbrella at the time. The other Wesker children where never confirmed to have any ties with Umbrella other than the fact that they where constantly monitored.

Redfield Fan 93

I Always come prepared.
From the looks of things i think this game is more orrientated around RE 2 and 4, RE5 was more orrientated around RE1 with Jill and Chris meeting up with Wesker since RE1 (well for the players at least ). I honestly believe it to be Sherry, she hasnt been seen since RE2 it would make perfect sense to bring an important character like her back. And the man being HUNK is very plausable, if i recall correctly Spencer said to Wesker "of all the Wesker children, only one survived...you" so i think it might be Hunk or just a new character, HUNK and sherry have a connection anyway, HUNK killed her dad, she might not know that ? which could be an interesting plot line in the game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
But in RE5 they seemed to really be pushing Alex Wesker.
I'm sorry, no offense to people who are hyped about this whole Alex Wesker business, but I'm already tired of the guy and he hasn't even made a personal appearance yet; he seems to be nothing more than a lame attempt at bringing another Wesker to the series to pick up where Albert left off as the main antagonist. It's simple really: everyone loved Albert but the storyline was coming to a crossroads and so they felt the need to do something drastic - like end things with the original Wesker/Chris rivalry storyline - but, in the end, they want to keep Wesker part of the series and wham bam, thank you ma'am, Alex Wesker appears out of nowhere. Instant Wesker without adding water or waving the reincarnation stick around. *shrugs* The guy is obviously just a plot device and I would love it if this idea never came to fruition; it's just so corny. Either bring the real Wesker back or go in a completely new direction but please, no knock offs.

At this point, I'd be tickled pink if the "new" character was Steve.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I really hope Alex Wesker to be completely different than Albert. I'd like to see what happened to the research, and it'd be cool if Alex were a girl. I don't want Alex Wesker to be a copy of Albert Wesker.

Top Bottom