• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I watched Logan yesterday too and I agree, it definitely is a masterpiece. We finally get to see Wolverine the way he's meant to be and damn it was brutal xD It's probably my favourite Marvel movie now.

That ending got me tho and Prof X dying. The feels :'(

I won't lie...

I teared up at the end and nothing usually ever gets me like that. It was a combination of so many things. Wolverine dying, dying to give mutants a chance, coming to the conclusion of Hugh Jackman's final performance as the character, and the cross being turned to an X which I predicted but was still so goddamn perfect.

Decimus

Kong: Skull Island was fun. I'd watch it again on the big screen before it leaves. I loved the 'slicing through the wave of creepy crawlers and poison fumes with a sword wearing a gas mask' moment. That was cool.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
NCIS. I stoppped watching it for a while because it was mostly all the same, but since Wilmer joined the cast I've felt the need to watch it. :p

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I started watching 13 reasons why on Netflix yesterday and I think I might actually finish it today because I'm that hooked
Yeah, that's a good show. Dylan Minnette is a really talented actor.

I'm watching The Walking Dead.
1. Finally they killed Sasha. She was so useless. I also want to see less of Rosita, Carol, and Judith. I'm dreading the new kid, though hopefully it'll be like its parents and turn out cool, hopefully it won't be a nuisance like stupid Judith.

2. Why is Rick the leader? He's seriously one of the worst possible leaders for the group.

3. Why doesn't Carl have a cool eyepatch yet?

4. Please make Michonne and Daryl at their maximum coolness again.

5. More Gabriel, Morgan, Jesus, and Shiva please.

6. More cool locations too, please.

Last edited:

Decimus

I saw The Eyes Of My Mother earlier today...

It's one of the most beautiful films I've seen in years.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 last night before work (I work third shift), loved it. While it wasn't as good as the first movie in terms of story and the pacing was, at times kinda sluggish, it far and away surpassed the original in terms of humor. I say that with love because it was f**king hilarious. The whole theater was dying throughout the film, myself included, and not just during Rocket's one-liners. The humor is so over-the-top in this, it could just as easily be branded as an action-comedy all things considered. And of course, the action scenes were top-notch as one might reasonably expect.

I guess it's only fitting that I have Rocket Raccoon as my avatar while talking about how awesome this movie was.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Despite the ridiculous name, I watched The Bye Bye Man. The idea was good, but what really dragged the movie down was Cressida Bonas's acting. It was absolutely awful and I cringed whenever she did basically anything. I have no idea how she's been cast in anything. Her acting was the scariest part of the movie.
Other than that, I was a bit disappointed with the ending.
They built up Elliot's resolve, then just let it go and killed him instead. I was hoping he would win with his resolve, but nope.

Last edited:

Knight Hawk

I finally got around to watching the latest episode of The Flash.
It was pretty good, but I hate who they are replacing Caitlin with some random college dropout. And Cisco finally got a suit. Also, there were so many places for who Sabatar to be, and they chose the easiest way out. SMH. They could have done something truly interesting and made him the first Firestrom instead, which could have worked just as well, if not better.
Overall, I'm enjoying this series better than the other DC TV shows that are on the CW (Looking at you, Legends).

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Watched Get Out the other day, I'm still trying to figure out why the hell this movie received the praise that it did...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got done watching Resident Evil: The Final Chapter earlier today.

It looked sucky, I heard it sucked and I had no reason to believe otherwise going in and it didn't disappoint, but hey, I figured, since I've sat through this many sh!tty RE movies, I might as well see how it ends now that it's out on Redbox.

This one has the choppiest editing, cinematography and direction of them all, and that's saying a lot. You can barely tell what's going on half the time. :lol:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Finished rewatching the first season of Evan Pet- I mean, American Horror Story. I hope the next season has lots of Evan P- er, I hope it's... um... no, I just want more Evan Peters.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Finished rewatching the first season of Evan Pet- I mean, American Horror Story. I hope the next season has lots of Evan P- er, I hope it's... um... no, I just want more Evan Peters.

The first season of AHS is great. After that, it went downhill.

Anyway, I just saw Alien: Covenant. Better than Prometheus, but still nowhere near the original trilogy (the less said about Alien: Resurrection, the better). All-in-all, I'd say it was good, not great.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Have to say that AMH Coven was my favorite of all the seasons. It was like a dark and twisted Mean Girls. I also found season 2 to be entertaining- as weird as that season was. Anything after the 3rd season sucked.

I saw Alien Covenant the other night, as well, and was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed the movie. It is flawed but I love the stronger philosophical direction this series has taken. Michael Fassbender is phenomenal in his dual role as the two androids (I love Walter!). I really enjoyed the idea of how sinister David became and liked seeing David's "workshop". The first half of the movie kind of dragged on for me, though, as I struggled to really like or care for the characters on the Covenant. The acting was good- as you were convinced that these characters were truly stressed or frightened, but there definitely should have been some rewriting/editing on what takes place and what is shown in the first half. The new creatures were very freaky- I liked them.
I do wish that they would have followed up on the Engineer chestburster at the end of Prometheus, though
I do think that the ending was absolute crap as the third act was way too rushed and half-assed. The length of the gestation period for the alien was also pretty irritating as it happens way too quickly in comparison to the original films.

While it was pretty awesome seeing a beautifully designed xenomorph, it was annoying how little the creatures accomplish in the movie- especially the final alien. The second alien meets its demise in a very similar fashion to the aliens from the original films- it was also destroyed more quickly than those before it by, yet again, getting swiftly blown out of the ship. They should have rewritten the whole ending battle or presented their final ending in a different way so that it didn't feel so rushed and incomplete.

In conclusion, it was a visually stunning movie and I really do like the direction they are taking the prequel films in and look forward to seeing this movie again as well as the sequel (which will hopefully better tie into the original Alien movie). This sequel has also given me a newfound love and appreciation for Prometheus as I once felt on the fence about that movie. My biggest issue with the newer films is how over the top the technology is in comparison to the other Alien films. Granted one can argue that they are older company ships (as well as the movies being made in the 70s and 80s) but still... Anyway I'd give it a 7.5/10 or maybe an 8/10.

Last edited:
Top Bottom