• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Ohhh there are two movies. The way that was written, I was like "Aren't aliens in Alien?". :paranoid:
There are four in total, I don't count the Alien vs. Predator ones. An Alien movie without Ellen Ripey is like a Tomb Raider without Lara Croft.

In Alien there was just one xenomorph. In Aliens you got a whole bunch of them xD

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
In Alien there was just one xenomorph. In Aliens you got a whole bunch of them xD

A whole bunch of aliens easily mowed down with gunfire destroying their threatening nature and nigh invulnerability.

And godforbid the aliens have an element of mystery. Better call them Xenomorphs and make a ridiculous backstory for them.

N7Valentine

A whole bunch of aliens easily mowed down with gunfire destroying their threatening nature and nigh invulnerability.

And godforbid the aliens have an element of mystery. Better call them Xenomorphs and make a ridiculous backstory for them.

Well, Xenomorph can be translated as "Alien lifeform" so I'm fine with the name. I guess I really enjoyed Ripley's character development in the second movie, but yeah they made them indeed less threatening by turning them into cannon fodder.

The concept of the Queen was also pretty boring, I preferred the eggmorphing from the first movie, because it was more gruesome, imo.

By the way, have you played Alien:Isolation? It ignores pretty much everything from Aliens except for Amanda and the Alien Nest.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I am now watching the original Dragon Ball. I have never actually watched it all the way through, so after my 100th time rewatching Dragon Ball Z Abridged, I decided to give it a go.

N7Valentine

I am now watching the original Dragon Ball. I have never actually watched it all the way through, so after my 100th time rewatching Dragon Ball Z Abridged, I decided to give it a go.
Have fun, Dragonball is my absolute favorite Anime series ever (along with Gintama).

Turo602

The King of Kings
So I finished Daredevil last night and it was amazing. The storytelling was fantastic and the cinematography was just excellent. It's definitely one of Marvel's best works. I feel the whole Netflix deal really benefitted the show letting it do things you wouldn't really see on television as well as not suffering from any of the effects tv shows do from struggling to get episodes out on a weekly basis. The whole 13 episode season was just pure movie quality gritty goodness. I've never really been a Daredevil fan but this show certainly does him justice. Would really love to see The Punisher get similar treatment.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I just saw The Walking Deceased, which is a parody of The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland and Warm Bodies.

It wasn't bad, but it had some audio syncing issues and gave off an "amateur film" feel. But it did make me laugh at some parts, so I guess it succeeds as a parody.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm watching Fawlty Towers. Because oh my god, it's hilarious.

Gourmet Night is perhaps my favourite episode, right next to Communication Problems.

Popo

Now I am watching:
Last Man On Earth
Fresh Off The Boat

2 Comedy series which please me very much, the chinese kid on Fresh Off The Boat is so funny and I like the soundtrack of the show xD

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

I completely see where you are coming from... But I do like Aliens though. But yeah, Alien I would have to say is the better movie.

And Imma let you guys finish, but Predator is the greatest movie monster of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Anyway, I've been obsessing over The Big Lebowski lately which in turn means Jeff Bridges too, so I watched the remake of True Grit as well. Love that man.

Also was watching Tim Allen's newer show Last Man Standing, it's pretty entertaining but I also am kind of obsessed with how awesome I think Kaitlyn Dever would be playing Ellie in a movie adaptation of The Last of Us.

Top Bottom