• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching, discuss TV programmes (pt. 2)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Who saw Mission: Impossible II? I just did. I watched the first movie yesterday, I liked it, but I didn't have so high hopes for the second movie in the series. But the sequel turned out to be a very positive surprise (too bad I missed the first 20 minutes of it).

M:I-2 is a nice piece of action with a very nice, heavy, not too loud soundtrack. Some of the music are by Metallica. Many of the action scenes are unrealistic, but I have seen worse. But it's an entertaining piece of work, I like this movie better than the first one.

But what struck me most was the similarities with Resident Evil! The film is 12 years old (2000), and chances are that most of you know the story, but I just have to sum it up.

The story is about a deadly virus (called Chimera) and the battle to control/destroy it. A Russian bio-chemical expert working for Biocyte Pharmaceuticals (think Umbrella) has made the extremely deadly Chimera virus and also an anti-virus (called Bellerophon) to treat the disease. The idea is to cause a pandemic and profit on the Bellerophon anti-virus medicine.
On the protagonist side are Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and Nyah Nordoff-Hall (Thandie Newton).

Effect of the virus: The incubation period is 20 hours, if anti-virus is not administrated within 20 hours death is inevitable. The Russian bio-chemical expert tested the virus on one of his co-workers who died (no he didn't volunteer). Data, including photos of this first victim shows this: Already before the 20 hours, it seems like the patient is getting confused and falling into a state of haze, but is still able to walk. After 20 hours the victim falls very ill as the virus is starting to cause mass destruction of red blood cells. Visually, the symptoms seems to be fever and a change in skin color, possibly salt crystals from sweat. The patient seems to have little or no consciousness a few hours after the 20th hour. The first victim died 34 hours after infection, at that stage his face looked like a zombie.

Many things in the movie reminded me so much about RE4, the "pistols" used to inject the virus, labs and many other details. Ethan Hunt could be Leon Kennedy and his sidekick Nyah Nordoff-Hall could be Ada Wong. Oh my God is Nyah gorgeous!
aliw76.gif
She has perhaps the most sexy smile seen on a woman. :oops:

260sf0n.jpg
2cdpn4.jpg

Very nice smile but not quite the same as in the movie.

M:I-2 links: IMDb and Wikipedia.

Some Nights

No Shape
I just started watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yesterday. If the rest of the episodes are as good as the first two I can see myself lazing about and watching the whole first season in a day.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Canada's Worst Driver

Unbelievable. How could they possibly have got a driver's license in the first place? How can that be?? :eek: Did they not pass some tests?

I have watched Sweden's Worst Driver before, they too were quite crazy. But they at least had some basic clue on how to operate a car, and I also had the feeling that they did a little extra bad just for fun. But these poor Canadians don't give the impression of acting at all, some of them even cry because they feel so bad about their hopeless driving. It was the second episode today and one person actually was allowed to leave the course.

-One woman that obviously didn't see much - but claimed to have very good vision - was tested and she was half blind. Maybe a pair of glasses will sort out some of her problems.
-A young guy, one of the worst drivers, says he feel safer in traffic when he swerves all over the lane.
-The above mentioned guy and an old lady have problems hitting the correct pedal, and that car had only two pedals.
*Huge facepalm x 10*

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
^ Can you imagine you're about to get down and dirty with a chick you really life, then she pulls down her pants and turns out she decapitated one of those troll dolls and attached it to her cha-cha.

I'm watching the BBC Theatre edition of Wuthering Heights. Wuthering Heights is my favourite book of all time and I totally blame it for my very skewed, twisted idea of romance. :p I've loved most adaptations of it, but this one is one of the best. It's kind of amazing.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Watching ( Wild dogs battle for th savannah )

Beautiful dogs.

It's a shame it takes us to drive Species to the point of extinction before we have the bright realization of '' hang on a minute, ever since we starting hunting X....Y, has been getting out of control which leads to Z getting ****ed. ''

Brilliant dogs.

VP-70

Just to follow on from the African Wild dogs, i finished watching the programme and i have to say, iam saddened with how the animal kingdom is treated.

As a former hunter myself, i was always grateful and gave thanks for every animal that gave way to me.

But alot of the killing i see in Africa that is done in the name of ( hunting ) is out and out Murder.

Wild dogs for the win.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm currently watching jill Dando on Youtube. Anybody remember her? I don't, I recently heard about her for the first time. She was a very prominent newsreader for the BBC, and was awarded BBC Personality of the Year in 1997. Sadly she was assassinated in 1999.
Jill Dando on Wikipedia.

Here is Jill being "gotcha" on the BBC show Noel's House Party.
What a lovely lady. I like her news reading voice, she was good.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. At most parts, the show is brilliant. At others it's too sophomoric and turns out stupid. Mostly brilliant, though.

VP-70

Waynes world is on.....................

I really really miss the 90s................the 00's just seem.....bland.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Storage Wars! bblafjgalheihgmeklelemellemlelm100lbbalbllafbwlfabflwbflwbflwb150bqlbelfblqbfwlwflw3lflfq SOLD for 5000 dollars

actually they find some pretty rare things in those bins

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Waynes world is on.....................

I really really miss the 90s................the 00's just seem.....bland.
WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!
Dana Carvey (Garth) is, in my opinion, the funniest man alive...And you're right, the 90's will always be the best decade...00's just offered nothing...Original...Or exciting...

Top Bottom