• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching, discuss TV programmes (pt. 2)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Part 1 was lost in the software change, so here's part 2.

Here you post what you are watching on tv, and I encourage you to write at least one full sentence for every post, making it feel more like a conversation and not just a list of tv programmes. :)

I watch Notes from the underbelly for the first time. It's a comedy show and I think it's very funny. One thing I appreciate, is that there's no audio track with artificial laughter on top of the main soundtrack. I do not like the artificial laughter that is added to 9 out of 10 comedy shows, because they are always overdoing it and it annoys me to hear 20-30 people laugh every few seconds, also at situations that are barely worth a smile.

The theme in this episode is pregnacy and how it makes the woman forget things, get all clumsy and generally appear to be a bit senile. :lol:

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Number 1 Coutdown on Fuse. Cee-Lo Green is onat number five right now with "F*ck You"

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Currently watching Yes, Dear.

Love this show! Quite underrated, I'd say. This show actually makes me laugh, unlike most others. Currently watching the episode where Jimmy captures some strange stalker hanging out in Heidi Klum's trailer, wearing her bra. lol

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Two and a Half Men lol. Regardless that I laugh everytime I think about Charlie Sheen now, the show is too funny xD

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I want to say more than just rate what I watched, and I don't want to rate it at all, so I take my chances and bump this topic instead of being a bit off topic in the "rate the last ...." topic.

Lately I have begun to watch South Park regularly, earlier I had just watched bits of episodes now and then without getting too interested. But now I've gotten drawn into it and it's one of the best things I've watched in a good while.

In the latest episode, Eric and Kenny (both 8) thought they had gotten their first period and proudly celebrated it, thinking they finally had matured into puberty. :D Plot synopsis.

I don't watch movies often, but today I watched two. Neither was particulary good, but I enjoyed them. Fast & Furious with too many stunts made me want to to play GTA again haha. The ending was a disappointment, but by reading on Wikipedia how the film ended made me realise I had not watched the last scenes that appears after the credits. The fukking TV station switched to commercials before the credits (and the final scenes) was done! I hate that, it makes me so mad!

This includes a spoiler!
And last, I watched Smokey and the Bandit Part 3. I had watched the first two movies 1 and 2 not long ago, the first was good and the second crap. The third movie surprised me in a positive way, though it's by far not as good as the first one, it's better than the 2nd one IMO. I loved the ending when Buford T. Justice thinks he is talking with Bandit (it is Cledus), and he agrees to not arrest him and gives him a 5 minute head start. He had that much respect for Bandit. And after all, Bandit (or actually Cledus) let Justice win and claim the prize of $ 250 k just minutes before the ending. :)

Else than that, I try to watch at least a couple news programs every day, I need to stay updated. Today I have unfortunately not watched any news, but I checked a couple online newspapers and it seems nothing happened today.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Fast Five was one of the best Fast and the Furious movies. When you watch it, stick around after the credits again. ;)

The last show I watched was Ghost Adventures. I can't remember the exact location. I love this show, because unlike every single other ghost show out there, stuff actually happens on this one (EVPs, partial possessions- one of which really scared me lol, long story lol. Orbs, black mists, scratch, etc.) and the host is quite pleasant to look at lol.

Side note: I saw a movie not too long ago that was VERY heavily influenced my Ghost Adventures called Grave Encounters. It kinda had that Blair Witch thing where it was as if you were watching footage that was taken by the characters. It started out a bit cheesy and comical but it ended up being pretty scary, though unfortunately a bit gimmicky. That being said though, I highly recommend it.

As for being creeped out by ghosts (and I'm not out to convert skeptics), the females on my mom's side of the family, including myself, tend to be very sensitive to the paranormal. My great grama was a spirit channeler who also saw ghosts in manifested forms. I have seen apparitions and have had semi premonitional dreams. So when I see a good ghost show or movie they really scare me since I'm sensitive to that world. I constantly hid my eyes when I watched 1408 lol. But I'm off topic now so I'll stop. :3

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Thanks for commenting on Fast Five, I'll watch it if it's aired. And I always wait till the credits are done after a movie, especially if I liked the movie.

I like paranormal stuff, I used to watch Ghost Whisperer. It was only all right, but Jennifer Love Hewitt made up for any shortcomings in the script. :p

I see Ghost Adventures is labeled as documentary, but is it 100% serious? I do believe in paranormal things, but I'm always skeptical. I can't be sure if someone make up things or not, especially when it's on TV. There are too many people out there ready to do anything to get on TV.

Dede

I'm watching a very old like twenty yr old Australian TV series Ship to Shore I found some episodes from youtube has anybody heard of this one...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Thanks for commenting on Fast Five, I'll watch it if it's aired. And I always wait till the credits are done after a movie, especially if I liked the movie.

I like paranormal stuff, I used to watch Ghost Whisperer. It was only all right, but Jennifer Love Hewitt made up for any shortcomings in the script. :p

I see Ghost Adventures is labeled as documentary, but is it 100% serious? I do believe in paranormal things, but I'm always skeptical. I can't be sure if someone make up things or not, especially when it's on TV. There are too many people out there ready to do anything to get on TV.

I know what you mean, and Grave Encounters makes fun of the validity of shows like Ghost Adventures. Either way I don't really care because I know ghosts are real. It's all in good fun to me.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Currently my favorite program is Breaking Bad. If you haven't heard of it it's about a chemistry genius and nobel prize winner. He works a high school teaching job he's way overqualified for and all his peers (who he's probably smarter than) have surpassed him in every way. Barely able to provide for his family as it is, when he's diagnosed with Lung Cancer he decides it's the last straw so he sets out manufacturing crystal meth to make money to leave his family when he dies. The show evolves and as each season rolls by he becomes more and more of a dark and sinister character. The main actor won 3 emmys in a row he does such an amazing job.
Example

Game of Thrones is a decent show about a middle-earth type universe. People fighting for power, backstabbing each other, etc. Example

Spartacus is another good one. All about gladiators and slaves in the Roman empire. Blood, gore, and sex. Oh my! Example

Californication is about a famous writer who's a huge playboy. Most of the show's appeal comes from his wit and charm. Example

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I know what you mean, and Grave Encounters makes fun of the validity of shows like Ghost Adventures. Either way I don't really care because I know ghosts are real. It's all in good fun to me.
I used to watch "Haunted" (or was it A Haunting?) on Discovery. It was interesting/entertaining, but sometimes I thought it was entertaining to the point where it just lost credibility as documentary. And that in turn made it lose some of its entertainment value...
The story told in an episode might have been true, but the production company trying to re-create what had happened exaggerated things. I don't have any proof, but this is the impression I have.

Spartacus is another good one. All about gladiators and slaves in the Roman empire. Blood, gore, and sex. Oh my! Example
I just bought a book about Spartacus. It's in Norwegian so I don't know its English title, but it should be something like "Spartacus and the slave uprising". Roman history interests me very much.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I often talk about TV-stuff on Tremor's profile, but I fear she's had enough for a while... :p So I found back to this topic.

South Park, season 1 episode 3, "Volcano"

The South Park mayor is a nutcase. :D

[Morning at city hall]
Assistant Johnson (on intercom): Mayor, the geologist is here to see you.
Mayor: My geologist? Now? Tell him the infection is fine and I don't need another check-up.
Johnson: No mayor, that's a gynecologist. A geologist studies the earth.
Mayor (angry): Don't you think I know that? How dare you insult my intellect, I went to Princeton for God's sake! You get out of my office!
Johnson: I'm not in your office mayor, I'm talking to you through a speaker.
Mayor: [long pause] Just send in the geometrist.
Johnson: Geologist...
Mayor: You are fired, buddy!
Johnson: Thank you mayor, it's been great working for you.

In this episode, Jimbo and Ned and the boys are hunting, or should I say at war with the wildlife as they use all sort of weapons, including rockets. :D :D (Damn, we need some lol smileys.)

Meg

So bin ich eben
Castle! The third season is in the mail. *superexcited* I watched the first two on DVD pretty quickly. XD It's just such a great show. The cases are interesting, the writing witty and enjoyable, and all the characters are likable and there's a lot of chemistry between the cast. You know a show's good when the escapades of Castle's family is just as enjoyable to watch as Detective Beckett interrogating alleged killers.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
I'm watching a very old like twenty yr old Australian TV series Ship to Shore I found some episodes from youtube has anybody heard of this one...

I think the show you're referring to is called Border Patrol. I used to watch that when I lived in New Zealand (and *cough* still do sometimes..)

I've been wanting to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force but never got around to it.

I love watching Misfits which is about a group of young offenders doing community service and after an electric storm they gain superpowers.

In the third season. They've all got new superpowers from a with a guy who can trade superpowers and store them. There's also a new member of the gang called Rudy.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Misfits is a fun show.

Right now I'm just waiting for season 5 of Californication and Spartacus: Vengeance.
Game of Thrones in April and the one I'm really looking forward to is season 5 of Breaking Bad this summer (hopefully).

Hoady

Nikola Tesla - The Untold Story: Amazing!I can't believe i did not know about him until yesterday.Nikola Tesla was a serbian man who came to New York.He was a scientist who was particulary expertised in electricity who invented many amazing technologies.Unfortunately due to banking interest and douche bag edison he couldn't impliment a dream which would've completely transformed our world over 100 years ago.Many of his works are still being used today. 10 tesla coils out of 10!

Its free on youtube

Top Bottom