• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

STEM_inhabitant

A very dear friend of mine from high school a number of years ago just sent me a message on Facebook after ages... I'm glad that she remembers me, and she was one of my only close friends back in the day, but I don't know how to respond to her.
Due to terrible circumstances and personal problems, I haven't been able to do much for myself in the last couple of years... and I feel ashamed of myself for that. I don't know how to form a proper message stating my situation when she expects me to be doing something with my life.. *sigh*.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
A very dear friend of mine from high school a number of years ago just sent me a message on Facebook after ages... I'm glad that she remembers me, and she was one of my only close friends back in the day, but I don't know how to respond to her.
Due to terrible circumstances and personal problems, I haven't been able to do much for myself in the last couple of years... and I feel ashamed of myself for that. I don't know how to form a proper message stating my situation when she expects me to be doing something with my life.. *sigh*.

I fully understand where your coming from. I've been feeling the same way myself. Especially these past few months. I had a past rough couple years myself and finally turned it around. Then on August 1st I started getting sick and never recovered since. Been seeing doctors and we just can't seem to get it figured out or fixed and it's becoming hopeless and I'm getting scared. Especially since I can't live up to anyone's expectation, especially my own. I'm constantly drained.

If you want to talk about your situation, you are free to do so.

The best advice I can do is try talking to her but play it cool and ease into the conversation. Let her now that you're going through a tough time right now and as time goes on explain to her your situation. I'm sure she'll be understanding.

STEM_inhabitant

I fully understand where your coming from. I've been feeling the same way myself. Especially these past few months. I had a past rough couple years myself and finally turned it around. Then on August 1st I started getting sick and never recovered since. Been seeing doctors and we just can't seem to get it figured out or fixed and it's becoming hopeless and I'm getting scared. Especially since I can't live up to anyone's expectation, especially my own. I'm constantly drained.

If you want to talk about your situation, you are free to do so.

The best advice I can do is try talking to her but play it cool and ease into the conversation. Let her now that you're going through a tough time right now and as time goes on explain to her your situation. I'm sure she'll be understanding.

I think that has to be the best approach.. I shouldn't ruin the tone of the conversation right off the bat by telling her about my problems, but I should make that transition slowly and maybe let her know indirectly that I can't discuss my current position? Thank you for your advice.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your problems :| I hope things get better for you. If you ever feel like talking more about it, I would be looking forward to that conversation.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think that has to be the best approach.. I shouldn't ruin the tone of the conversation right off the bat by telling her about my problems, but I should make that transition slowly and maybe let her know indirectly that I can't discuss my current position? Thank you for your advice.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your problems :| I hope things get better for you. If you ever feel like talking more about it, I would be looking forward to that conversation.

No problem. Definitely wait a little bit. It's best to not just say you can't discuss it right off the bat because it might come off as suspicious. Which wouldn't look good imho.

If you ever want to talk you're always free to message me. I'll get around to it as soon as I can in the evening :)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I can kind of relate, but it's a long story. I'm sure she'll understand. :biggrin:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

I agree that it may be better to not launch straight into your problems. But if you explain your circumstances to people they do tend to understand a lot more than you think. Things aren't always straightforward for everyone; some people have to work at things a little more until everything falls into place. So when you do decide to talk about it, just be honest, say you're not where you want to be right now because of whatever circumstances you've had, and then follow it up by explaining where you'd like to be, and how you could possibly get there. You say she was a close friend so I reckon she'd understand, and you're ending with a positive by saying where you'd like to be. :)

STEM_inhabitant

I agree that it may be better to not launch straight into your problems. But if you explain your circumstances to people they do tend to understand a lot more than you think. Things aren't always straightforward for everyone; some people have to work at things a little more until everything falls into place. So when you do decide to talk about it, just be honest, say you're not where you want to be right now because of whatever circumstances you've had, and then follow it up by explaining where you'd like to be, and how you could possibly get there. You say she was a close friend so I reckon she'd understand, and you're ending with a positive by saying where you'd like to be. :)

Thank you, Jen. That makes a lot of sense:)

Reactions: Jen

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer :D

It looks pretty decent. The humor is looking great and I like how there seems to be some visual nods to the other two Spider-Man series as well as references to the MCU. I really hope that Marvel and Sony can keep their partnership and keep this unified as Sony build their own Spider-Man universe in unison with the Silver Sable and the Venom films.

I am still skeptical with the Vulture as a villain because there is only so much they can do with him. Surely there is going to be a whole new take with his character. I am confident that Michael Keaton will be a phenomenal villain.... but the Vulture? I'm quite mixed on this one. I'm also not a fan of Aunt May being so young lol. Also the actors seem young but I think the point is that this is going to be a long term project by the looks of things.

On the bright side there is much to be excited about. Zendaya is not Mary Jane, she's a character named Michelle. The Shocker will be in it (this is more of a "**** yes" moment for the people that grew up with Spider-Man). Angourie Rice is rumored to be Gwen Stacy which is an interesting choice. Micheal Mandos character is rumored to be Cletus Kassidy but I kind of doubt that will happen this early if this is a long term prospect. Also apparently "The Sinister Six" film might still be on the cards and will be repurposed for this new universe. To be fair Andrew Gardfield's saga was filled with great ideas and concepts but the second film was very poorly executed with the exception of all the near perfection scenes with Dane DeHaan. Perhaps Sony will cannibalize a lot of those ideas with Marvels guidance to give the fans something special. The Amazing Spider-Man series seemed to be more for the hardcore fans and didn't click with the masses. Not the way Toby Macquarie did a decade before.

It looks cool, but unless a future Carnage movie is R-rated (which I highly doubt Marvel Studios will ever do even though Deadpool showed that studios CAN make bank off of R-rated CBMs), I don't ever want them pursuing it especially if Venom isn't in it (he's reportedly set in an alternate continuity from the MCU Spidey and will get his own movie not connected to it, f'ing BS). Like Deadpool, it HAS to be rated R to do him justice, he rips people's guts out FFS.

Speaking of which, I hear they ARE working on an R-rated Spawn reboot next, f--k yeah to that.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It looks cool, but unless a future Carnage movie is R-rated (which I highly doubt Marvel Studios will ever do even though Deadpool showed that studios CAN make bank off of R-rated CBMs), I don't ever want them pursuing it especially if Venom isn't in it (he's reportedly set in an alternate continuity from the MCU Spidey and will get his own movie not connected to it, f'ing BS). Like Deadpool, it HAS to be rated R to do him justice, he rips people's guts out FFS.

Speaking of which, I hear they ARE working on an R-rated Spawn reboot next, f--k yeah to that.

I agree with you. Though I heard that the Venom trilogy that Sony is planning is supposed to be super dark and might be R rated. So they might be separating it a bit.

I feel that Marvel knows that R rated films do well. It's just not in their ground plans for their more family friendly Hollywood films. After all Blade was the first super successful modern superhero film and the one that really kicked it all off the ground. Not X-men and not Spider-Man. Those just came next and obviously outsold it due to having a wider audience. It just seems that Marvel wants to put the R rated stuff on Netflix. Despite Marvel's deniability that there is nothing happening with Blade in the near future. According to Kate Beckinsale they ARE working on something. She went to see if she could do a Blade/Underworld crossover and Marvel said no because they are preparing something for the franchise. http://screenrant.com/blade-marvel-kate-beckinsale/ I see no reason why she would lie about it. There's also been talks between Marvel and Wesley Snipes over the past couple years. There's also been rumors a while back about Marvel launching a horror side of things. Perhaps they might do the Midnight Sons as we have Dr Strange and Ghost Rider. It would be nice that Marvel extended an olive branch with the darker heroes in film. Make it all connected but write it in a way that the younger audience won't feel left out. The most hardcore Marvel fans are full grown adults now. I thought Dr Strange would have been much better if it was a bit more adult orientated. The themes were much more mature and even dare I say a little advanced for children.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: So, I'm pretty far into the Tokyo Ghoul manga. This is one of the first times in a while that I ship the main straight pairing more than any of the possible gay ones

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Last night I had a weird dream about meeting the cast of Teen Wolf at my workplace, but they weren't werwolves, they were werchickens and constantly made chicken sounds instead of talking. Ever since I woke up, I've been having earworms of various songs, but with chicken sounds in place of of the actual lyrics.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
CT: Wow, I'm so impressed and excited for the Uncharted 4 Survival update tomorrow. Naughty Dog are really knocking it out of the park lately.
Do u know what time the update goes live? Checked earlier and didn't see anything.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Do u know what time the update goes live? Checked earlier and didn't see anything.
Sorry for getting back to you so late blivvy, I've been at work. I assumed it would be about 7pm for us but I've just seen a tweet from Naughty Dog that said the update was live an hour ago, so that might have been when they did it. Either way, you'll be able to get it now. Sorry I wasn't more helpful!

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Sorry for getting back to you so late blivvy, I've been at work. I assumed it would be about 7pm for us but I've just seen a tweet from Naughty Dog that said the update was live an hour ago, so that might have been when they did it. Either way, you'll be able to get it now. Sorry I wasn't more helpful!
Hey np :)

I played a few rounds earlier. It's a lot of fun.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I agree with you. Though I heard that the Venom trilogy that Sony is planning is supposed to be super dark and might be R rated. So they might be separating it a bit.

I feel that Marvel knows that R rated films do well. It's just not in their ground plans for their more family friendly Hollywood films. After all Blade was the first super successful modern superhero film and the one that really kicked it all off the ground. Not X-men and not Spider-Man. Those just came next and obviously outsold it due to having a wider audience. It just seems that Marvel wants to put the R rated stuff on Netflix. Despite Marvel's deniability that there is nothing happening with Blade in the near future. According to Kate Beckinsale they ARE working on something. She went to see if she could do a Blade/Underworld crossover and Marvel said no because they are preparing something for the franchise. http://screenrant.com/blade-marvel-kate-beckinsale/ I see no reason why she would lie about it. There's also been talks between Marvel and Wesley Snipes over the past couple years. There's also been rumors a while back about Marvel launching a horror side of things. Perhaps they might do the Midnight Sons as we have Dr Strange and Ghost Rider. It would be nice that Marvel extended an olive branch with the darker heroes in film. Make it all connected but write it in a way that the younger audience won't feel left out. The most hardcore Marvel fans are full grown adults now. I thought Dr Strange would have been much better if it was a bit more adult orientated. The themes were much more mature and even dare I say a little advanced for children.

It's probably a Netflix series, it's been rumored for some time now along with Ghost Rider and Moon Knight.

Top Bottom