• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm still trying to figure out why people think he's a Replicant in the first place. Or how that theory started xD
The only way that theory would even remotely work is if he made a Replicant of himself so he could go off the radar in piece. Though I don't see him doing that unless he was being hunted or something. Or someone one else made one of him to do bad things, but that's an a twist that's been done too many times and would be silly in this day and age.

It started because Ridley Scott thought it would be cool after misinterpreting what the screenwriters said.
Hampton Fancher and David Peoples both meant to keep Deckard's true nature ambiguous but Ridley Scott wanted a twist at the end.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@KevinStriker Thanks for clearing that up. Tbh I think Hampton Fancher and David Peoples did the right thing be keeping Deckard ambiguous. Normally I'm a sucker for plot twists and I would have agreed with Ridley Scott during development but in retrospect I'm not sure the movie would have seen the same success with a twist like that. It's just the way things played out and the audience really seemed to resonate with the film. I personally feel that there would've been a fan split on the revelations of Deckard being a replicant. I'm not entirely convinced that it fits in the narrative consistently as a whole package, but rather an "in the moment element of surprise" for the shock factor.

CT: So I platinumed "Ether One". The gameplay wasn't super great and was kind of boring but the story was decent. The ending is very good and actually made me cry 0.0 I think only 3 or 4 games have ever done that to me. It has a very emotional twist at the end and it's quite tragic. It really shows you the value of life and time. It was a bit much really.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
To my knowledge TWD season 1 is the only game to make me cry. There may have been one or two others, but it's the only one that I remember specifically.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
To my knowledge TWD season 1 is the only game to make me cry. There may have been one or two others, but it's the only one that I remember specifically.

I might need to check it out. For me the biggest one was MGS4: Guns of the Patriots. I cried like such a bitch that I had to pause and run to the bathroom to get some tissue. That **** was tragic beyond Shakespearean comprehension. I also teared up a bit with the ending of Uncharted 2. Elena really got me good.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
If you've ever played the Final Fantasy series, you will know bout them feels :(
The endings for Crisis Core, X & XV come to mind

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I think the only games that have made me actually cry are Persona 3, Persona 4, Fallout 4, and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.
Oh man Danganronpa is too good at making you like characters before killing them all, and brutally. Never did bring me to tears but I'll tell you what. I was straight up sobbing in DR3 Despair Arc when
Chiaki died. They've had a lot of brutal deaths, but nothing got to me even close to as much as that scene.
Never was moved to tears in P4, though it was pretty emotional at times. Haven't finished P3 yet so only time will tell.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Oh man Danganronpa is too good at making you like characters before killing them all, and brutally. Never did bring me to tears but I'll tell you what. I was straight up sobbing in DR3 Despair Arc when
Chiaki died. They've had a lot of brutal deaths, but nothing got to me even close to as much as that scene.
Never was moved to tears in P4, though it was pretty emotional at times. Haven't finished P3 yet so only time will tell.
Persona 4's ending made me bawl the first time, and I've teared up every time since.
Where are you in 3?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Persona 4's ending made me bawl the first time, and I've teared up every time since.
Where are you in 3?
Embarrassingly early. It's been a while since I've played. Actually it might just be better to start over at this point. I think I'd just gone into Tartarus for the first time.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Feeling very out of sorts this year. I feel awful saying this, but I don't really care that it's Christmas. It saddens me that I feel like this. It's not like me at all.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Feeling very out of sorts this year. I feel awful saying this, but I don't really care that it's Christmas. It saddens me that I feel like this. It's not like me at all.
Me too. It's all the pressure, it makes me kinda short out and not care. But somewhere deep inside me, I do care. :(

Reactions: Jen

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium

Inb4 Jens such a Scrooge :p

Yea people have been saying it doesn't feel like Christmas here and I have to agree. I mean everywhere is decorated with lights and stuff but still... I suppose Christmas isn't the same when you're not a kid anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
C0eJcD6VQAA3hrh.jpg

It was Christmas '87 thooooough

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I might need to check it out. For me the biggest one was MGS4: Guns of the Patriots. I cried like such a bitch that I had to pause and run to the bathroom to get some tissue. That **** was tragic beyond Shakespearean comprehension. I also teared up a bit with the ending of Uncharted 2. Elena really got me good.
And she saved said tears in a jar.

Top Bottom