• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I know this may seem like a stupid thing to whinge about, but whatever.

I wear glasses. And the pair I currently have are my favourite ever pair. I went to the opticians on Saturday and I need new glasses. They can't put new lenses in my current glasses because the frames are a bit old, since I've had them a couple of years.

I picked some new glasses and I'm picking them up tomorrow. But I really, really don't like them as much as these ones and I feel like I could even cry about it. There weren't any that were as nice as these ones, so I picked the pair that were the best of what was available.

Like I said, it sounds so stupid to be sad about this. But when you have glasses on all the time, you want them to be the ones you like and feel happy wearing. I just wish I could have had new lenses in my current frames.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I know this may seem like a stupid thing to whinge about, but whatever.

I wear glasses. And the pair I currently have are my favourite ever pair. I went to the opticians on Saturday and I need new glasses. They can't put new lenses in my current glasses because the frames are a bit old, since I've had them a couple of years.

I picked some new glasses and I'm picking them up tomorrow. But I really, really don't like them as much as these ones and I feel like I could even cry about it. There weren't any that were as nice as these ones, so I picked the pair that were the best of what was available.

Like I said, it sounds so stupid to be sad about this. But when you have glasses on all the time, you want them to be the ones you like and feel happy wearing. I just wish I could have had new lenses in my current frames.

That is not stupid at all. Some frames are more comfortable than others. So its natural to be a little bit picky when it comes to picking something that you will be wearing most of the day.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
That is not stupid at all. Some frames are more comfortable than others. So its natural to be a little bit picky when it comes to picking something that you will be wearing most of the day.
Comfort definitely is important and nothing feels more comfy than your current glasses that you've had for a few years. But I'm talking about how they look, more than anything, at the moment.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Comfort definitely is important and nothing feels more comfy than your current glasses that you've had for a few years. But I'm talking about how they look, more than anything, at the moment.

Yeah i agree. The first time always feels and looks weird. its one of those things that you never get used to it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm really worried and don't know what to think..... I need to go to school and kind of scared to sleep because I'm worried. Hopefully for nothing....

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
@Jen
Glasses have always annoyed me to no end. I found peace with contact lenses. And one of the advantages is, I don't have to worry about looks. LOL

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen
Glasses have always annoyed me to no end. I found peace with contact lenses. And one of the advantages is, I don't have to worry about looks. LOL
See, when I have the right glasses, they look fine on me. They actually can quite suit me. I'm just not sure about the pair I picked. And I do have contact lenses as well, but I can't wear those for 14+ hours a day, so I do have to go back to glasses, haha.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I decided I'm going to go in right now and get this dealt with. My heart is racing but really?
So I'm going to go eat at McDonald's so I don't feel ill going in and have an energy drink to be more alert. I think it's bull**** that they don't acknowledge there is a base there and I hope that I'm just over reacting because I'm sure no one needs to be reminded what happens in those situations.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
@Jen

The problem with contact lenses is that you have to keep them moist when your not wearing them. and it takes a while to put them on and take them off.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
The problem with contact lenses is that you have to keep them moist when your not wearing them.

Well that's what the liquid solution they give you is for.

and it takes a while to put them on and take them off.

Initially, yes, but after a while I could do it in a second. It's still worth avoiding the annoyances of glasses. You know, having to constantly adjust them on my nose, the awkward feeling behind my ears, water on the lenses when it rains, impracticality (and danger) in wearing them during training and so on.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Initially, yes, but after a while I could do it in a second. It's still worth avoiding the annoyances of glasses. You know, having to constantly adjust them on my nose, the awkward feeling behind my ears, water on the lenses when it rains, impracticality (and danger) in wearing them during training and so on.

True. but remember not all eyes are the same. some are allergic to lenses. and its dangerous to swim, shower or involve yourself in water activities while wearing contact lenses. Plus its a pain in the *** to find them in a public place if they fell off your eyes.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
some are allergic to lenses.

Well I'm talking about myself. I'm not allergic so I'm fine.

and its dangerous to swim, shower or involve yourself in water activities while wearing contact lenses.

Yeah but when I do all that I don't wear both cause both are a pain there.

Plus its a pain in the *** to find them in a public place if they fell off your eyes.

LOL yeah but that doesn't happen that often anymore. Today's lenses are made so that it ain't easy for them to fall off. Heck, they even make lenses that are suitable to sleeping while wearing them and made so that they don't fall off when you wake up and have dry eyes. It's the kind I use actually.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Just a quick update. I stopped at McDonalds on the way of going to the police station and I ended up seeing a guy from the Military who was just left the same Navy base I accidently found myself in. He's been in the service for 32 years and I explained how the game worked and he told me that if the gate is open I may go in and claim them. Just stay in my car, if they come and investigate just kindly explain to them what I am doing and cooperate and go on my way.

I was very shocked at how nice this guy was about it because you would think that the military installations would NOT want people coming in. I told him how everyone fights for the locations and he just told me. Again, if the gate is open go a head. If it's not then you can't and people will be prosecuted for trespassing. You'd think the military would not want to have to deal with this and keep people out. Especially over a game, but apparently there are some areas the public can go because they are offices or recruitment centers and even have real gyms. Real as in for training, but the public may use it with permission. Most just wouldn't think of going because well.... it's common sense not to go into a military installation.

I'm willing to bet not many people know this. I finally lost the gym but considering I solo'd it and it was controlled by a lowbie surrounded by all these high level gyms that I can't even tackle. I think if I go in with a group of my fellow Mystic buddies we can claim that thrown. He even said I could go to the other two bases and just follow the same rule.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Airaku What on earth are you talking about?

Basically as I explained in my post in the new Pokémon Go thread. I managed to end up on a Navy base. It's more of an office and training place, but they do have some stuff there if it's not out in the main base. Anyways I found myself in in the middle of the property. The signs were not from that direction so I had no clue where I was. Apparently the public can go in if the gates are open as long as they don't cause any trouble. A majority of military bases will have you fined and prosecuted for trespassing. That's if you're lucky enough that you weren't shot first. Kidding, but that can happen in some major areas in the states.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Basically as I explained in my post in the new Pokémon Go thread. I managed to end up on a Navy base. It's more of an office and training place, but they do have some stuff there if it's not out in the main base. Anyways I found myself in in the middle of the property. The signs were not from that direction so I had no clue where I was. Apparently the public can go in if the gates are open as long as they don't cause any trouble. A majority of military bases will have you fined and prosecuted for trespassing. That's if you're lucky enough that you weren't shot first. Kidding, but that can happen in some major areas in the states.

Oh i am not really interested in pokemon so i didn't bother to check that thread.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I've come to the conclusion that I am officially addicted to makeup. I purchased two items the day before yesterday (a liquid lipstick & a lip pencil) & now I'm already back looking for more items. The majority of things I've spoiled myself with the last few months, have all been cosmetics lol.

I've also been thinking about getting a new piercing...

:suggestive:

And @Jen, I'm sure you'll look just as beautiful with your new glasses <3 I understand how you feel though.

Turo602

The King of Kings
@Jen I think I found a solution to your little dilemma here. Show more cleavage. No one will be looking at your face anymore let alone notice your glasses. Now I know what you're gonna say but no need to thank me, I do however accept checks.

Top Bottom