• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: I take care of my hair every day, even trying out new hair styles and colours now and then, I put on some lipstick and perfume and I use skin lotion even though I don't need it, my face is always clean, I watch my weight and even lost a bit of it lately, I epilate my legs whenever it's necessary and there's no single piece of street clothing in my closet that could be called ugly.

Yet none of this matters apparently, I've recently been told that I'm letting myself go - basically just because I no longer use as much makeup as I did five years ago. Seriously? So it's all about makeup these days? If I used more makeup again, but didn't do any of the things I listed above, would I be better off? Sorry, but 6 am in the morning is a horrible time to get up as it is, I'm not getting up even earlier just to paint my face when all I do is go to work, a place where brains are more important than beauty, and where no one looks at me anyway.
I don't see need to get totally decked out in make up when you're just carrying out your daily lives. I used to, but that was because of my own insecurities, but I enjoy the extra 20 minutes in bed too much to go back to that :p I still wear a little make up in the day but it's not much at all. Now I'm older I think less is definitely more, in the daytime especially. Ignore them, keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the extra sleep :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I never bothered to use make-up.....

Really, Romero? How can you let yourself go like that...?

@ Everyone: You're right, and don't worry, I'm not going to listen to that. I just felt the need to share my thoughts about it. The last time I allowed someone to paint my face, I turned out like a clown, and that's how I always feel with too much makeup. It's certainly good for people who are trying to look older or younger, or to conceal something unflattering, but I'm several billion years old and don't look like it, so no problem there...

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I don't bother with makeup either unless I'm going to the orchestra or somewhere else where dressing up is expected. I spend most of my time at the lab, and my data doesn't care what I look like. This is not to imply that I go to work looking like a slob, simply that I have no reason in my daily life to put makeup on. The other female physicists and engineers I encounter largely don't apply makeup either, and one of them is in her 50's or 60's. She looks well anyway.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It's almost been a week and I'm still suffering. It was supposed to be a happy weekend and it was ruined.
The rumours, lies and deceit against our family have got out of control.

Not only am I fighting battles against my brother, and his dad; but my two friends aswell.

I have never felt so betrayed and helpless in my life,
I have done nothing wrong but it's always me and my sister who are punished for these things.

How am I supposed to get on with my life when I'm constantly worrying about someone else's.
I wish things will go back to how they were, or I could get away from it all...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's almost been a week and I'm still suffering. It was supposed to be a happy weekend and it was ruined.
The rumours, lies and deceit against our family have got out of control.

Not only am I fighting battles against my brother, and his dad; but my two friends aswell.

I have never felt so betrayed and helpless in my life,
I have done nothing wrong but it's always me and my sister who are punished for these things.

How am I supposed to get on with my life when I'm constantly worrying about someone else's.
I wish things will go back to how they were, or I could get away from it all...
Can you not just leave home for good? I mean, I know it sounds harsh and insensitive, but when things got bad, I just left my home when I was 16. Four years later I finally started talking to my family again, and at that point, everyone was just so happy to see each other, it had worked itself out. I can't pretend to know what you're actually going through. Just figured It'd be helpful advice. That said, It was easy for me to leave...I don't know how you feel about your family...

CT: I beat the Evil Within last night...And my God, was that game freaking amazing. It was the true sequel to Resident Evil 4 that we needed...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know we're not supposed to double post...But this kind of just hit me hard...

CT: You know...I think it finally just hit me that Naruto is over...I remember being 7 years old, REFUSING to read it in Shonen Jump because I thought Naruto looked like a rip off of my hero, Goku. I remember being 11 years old and watching the Naruto vs. Neji fight as part of Toonami's Naruto Years Eve New Years special with my best friend Patrick Patrick. Or when I was twelve and me, my dad, and my sister Riely were watching the Hokage's funeral episode, and it was storming so the DirecTV cut out and my sister kicked the TV, temporarily breaking it, making for a very upset father...I remember being 13 and watching the Naruto Hundo (whole Friday and Saturday of the first 99 episodes of Naruto, with the last episode being the new 100th episode) with Clay. I remember being 15 and finding out that Shippuden would be premiering on Disney XD and we were so excited, then I was disappointed in how edited it was...And now I am 20, and it's all over...I'm sad...I have all the seasons of the original. Several seasons of Shippuden. Action figures and video games galore. But at the end of the day, those are all relics of the past now. I have grown up with Naruto...Hell...with my age, I have grown ALONGSIDE Naruto...and there really is a tear in my eye as I type this...thank you Misashi Kishimoto. Thank you for Naruto, Rock Lee, Kakashi, and the rest. Thank you for conversation starters with people who would be my friends several years later, all because I wore a Naruto shirt to school. And most of all, thank you for keeping alive in me, what Goku instilled first, and that's the guts to never give up.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Can you not just leave home for good? I mean, I know it sounds harsh and insensitive, but when things got bad, I just left my home when I was 16. Four years later I finally started talking to my family again, and at that point, everyone was just so happy to see each other, it had worked itself out. I can't pretend to know what you're actually going through. Just figured It'd be helpful advice. That said, It was easy for me to leave...I don't know how you feel about your family...

CT: I beat the Evil Within last night...And my God, was that game freaking amazing. It was the true sequel to Resident Evil 4 that we needed...

Thanks for your input KK.
I appreciate your advice from your own experiences but without sounding rude, I could never abandon the rest of my family or even my brother who has caused the major issue.
I cannot say I will forgive him for the pain he has caused last week but I will not hold a permenantly grudge against him and lose a brother over it.
I would move away when I can afford to do so but I was speaking out of rage when I posted I wanted to get away.
Although I'm still not over it yet I am finding it easier now to think things over and I have more time to myself currently because of it.
After having this time I can see that I'm in the right and I will have to be patient and hopefully wait for the answers I expect. Thanks again.

Also I have played a little evil within, on my former friends laptop. I will be getting it for myself when I get a PS4, you're right when you compare it to re4. How long is the game? It took me an hour to get through one of the chapters.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I appreciate your advice from your own experiences but without sounding rude, I could never abandon the rest of my family or even my brother who has caused the major issue.
I cannot say I will forgive him for the pain he has caused last week but I will not hold a permenantly grudge against him and lose a brother over it.
I would move away when I can afford to do so but I was speaking out of rage when I posted I wanted to get away.
Although I'm still not over it yet I am finding it easier now to think things over and I have more time to myself currently because of it.
After having this time I can see that I'm in the right and I will have to be patient and hopefully wait for the answers I expect. Thanks again.

Also I have played a little evil within, on my former friends laptop. I will be getting it for myself when I get a PS4, you're right when you compare it to re4. How long is the game? It took me an hour to get through one of the chapters.
Each chapter is about an Hour long. They said in an interview that an average player should beat it within 15 hours. My completion time was 15 hours and 11 minutes.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
For whatever it's worth, if you'd like someone to talk to who may have a similar experience, feel free to hit me up. Several years ago I caught my sister 'sexting' my boyfriend at the time and later found out they had been having sex as well. So I know what it is to feel completely betrayed by a sibling - there will always be bad blood between her and I but out of respect for my parents, I've sort of learned to push my feelings aside and just live with it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
For whatever it's worth, if you'd like someone to talk to who may have a similar experience, feel free to hit me up. Several years ago I caught my sister 'sexting' my boyfriend at the time and later found out they had been having sex as well. So I know what it is to feel completely betrayed by a sibling - there will always be bad blood between her and I but out of respect for my parents, I've sort of learned to push my feelings aside and just live with it.
Damn...That's harsh...Has she attempted to work past it? Or does she feel no shame..

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Damn...That's harsh...Has she attempted to work past it? Or does she feel no shame..
We don't really talk about it anymore - I think she's really pushed it out of her mind. I remember a few weeks ago she tried telling me that she's been a good sister and when I snorted, she got angry. The only time we've ever discussed it, I asked her why and she responded with 'well, why would you introduce me to such a great guy and tell me I can't talk to him?'

Maybe because I was dating him? Lol. And then afterwards it became this big stink because she had cut her wrists and told her shrink it was because of what she had done. When my parents asked me to call her and forgive her I told them flat out that I didn't care and wasn't interested in her desperate ploy for pity and attention. She's only ever hurt herself the three times she got herself into a ****load of trouble - she's not someone who struggles with depression. She just needs attention all the time.

So, I don't know - I guess she's grown up quite a bit since then but I will always have trust issues with her. Like I said, I'm civil with her for the sake of my parents but if she wasn't related to me, I don't think I'd have anything to do with her. Oh wells.

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Your a strong person, and brave to be able to share it when you clearly have strong feelings against her and the event.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
This is as ridiculous a first world problem as one could possibly have: since losing two and half stone in weight since August, my suit is now unbearably big. I'm a broad guy, but wow, you could fit two in it (any takers, ladies? No? Sexual harassment lawsuit? OK...).

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I'm moving to Indiana soon. I'm not sure how long I'll stay, but there's a Nickel back concert February 25th. If I'm not there, I'll be back in Sioux Falls . . . Where they will be playing on March 3rd!
I'm so stoked.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm moving to Indiana soon. I'm not sure how long I'll stay, but there's a Nickel back concert February 25th. If I'm not there, I'll be back in Sioux Falls . . . Where they will be playing on March 3rd!
I'm so stoked.
They're playing two hours from my hometown on my 21st Birthday in 2015. Needless to say, I'll be there lol.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I thought my new job was pretty awesome at first... but I'm 100% certain now I'm working for the Devil Wears Prada. Just gotta stick it out for 6 months...

Top Bottom