• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
CT: I've had a lot of time on my hands the last week on account of being under the weather, and have been going through scads of notebooks and finding all kinds of short stories, poems and songs I've written (and subsequently forgotten) over the years... and some were not so bad! I often feel quite unsure of any creative spark I may or may not have, and these last few days of reading have been helpful in fighting that feeling. So, I've decided that I'm going to start posting the stories at the very least to my woefully neglected tumblr page soon.

Once you get one I'll follow you on there!

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
CT: Nothing feels much better than to be accepted for who you are, not who you pretend to be. :)
It's a rarity, but sometimes in life we're lucky enough to stumble upon people who can cut straight through the bull**** life stacks on us, see us as we are and accept us as we are; Warts and all.

I guess what I mean to say is "A-f*ckin-men!"

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
CT: Think I've found the perfect holiday for Jake this year - costs a small fortune but it's 100% autism-friendly, self-catering and has so many activities I think he'll pass out with happiness. There's no limit on how long you can stay as they knock 20% off for each week you stay longer past the first one and they even cover Christmas. It's about an hour away from where I live, you get your own house on the site to stay in and if I can somehow scrape the cash together before July, I'm booking a week away for definite.

Mr Sunshine

CT: Nothing feels much better than to be accepted for who you are, not who you pretend to be. :)
It's a rarity, but sometimes in life we're lucky enough to stumble upon people who can cut straight through the bull**** life stacks on us, see us as we are and accept us as we are; Warts and all.

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Yep, i totally just made that up myself

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
What happened to good movies, good music and good cars? Where's all the amazing heavy metal that America's known for? Was it traded for cheaper materials and cars designed to break down after their warranties run out? Was the music sold out for catchy computer generated sounds intended to be a fad for a few months and then forgotten about never to be heard from again? When did they start recycling plot lines/entire movies with terrible actors and no creative improvement or innovation?

For once I want to see a movie that will become a classic; something generations to come will talk about, look back on fondly - something that will stand the test of time. I want to hear music that will still be heard in fifty years and that will still be relevant despite the changes in the world; I want to hear a story, not about how you went to the club and picked up a good lay. I want to see a ride that could potentially be kept up and run forever, something that will catch the attention of the public everyday and will have random people knocking on your door in thirty years asking if you would like to sell it, offering outrageous prices from the heinously low to the 'I-know-you-don't-have-that-kind-of-cash' variety.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
the hobbit kicked so much ass and the ending brought me to tears it sucks i got to wait till december to see the next part
I really liked the Hobbit when I first saw it several weeks ago - but the more I think about it, the more certain things are really starting to bother me. First of all the pacing - I really don't think the story needs to be made into three movies, not when the actual book is half the length of the Fellowship of the Ring. There were quite a number of scenes that felt like 'fillers' and sometimes unnecessary and unpolished.

Not to mention, story wise - casting a much younger Bilbo kind of defeats the purpose of one of the major powers the Ring has - which is preservation. Gandalf mentions in FotR that Bilbo hasn't aged a day since finding the Ring - but in this movie we see him age 60 years or so. I don't know how they could have avoided these continuity issues so maybe it's no one's fault, but it's kind of distracting nonetheless.

Or maybe I just fell head over heels for Django Unchained and everything else just naturally pales exponentially in comparison.

Or butt-hurt that they're bringing Legolas and Galadriel back but no Haldir. :p

Some Nights

No Shape
I'm not as over my anxiety as I originally thought. After all of the phonebanking I did last year I thought I would never worry about making a phone call again. Yet here I sit staring at my phone, starting to dial then stopping, and all of that fun stuff.

I really wish I was able to receive his call last night instead of doing this... :oops:

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
***PURPLE SNIP***
So I can avoid typing for a million hours, I'm only going to touch on the cars and say that there is nothing quite as awesome to me as an old muscle car (as far as the automotive world is concerned, anyway). Most new cars don't have that certain something that makes them truly unique, either. It's a bummer.

***SNIP***
That is why I have decided against seeing The Hobbit for the time being. I was quite excited for it when Guillermo Del Toro was attached to direct, and with each bit of news that followed (especially his departure), I got less and less hyped for it. The last straw was splitting such a tiny book into three gi-f*cking-gantic movies.

CT: Katy Perry is a bad guilty pleasure of mine... I can't help it. I like her music >_>
Guilty pleasures are for lesser beings, Taylor. Lesser beings. ;)
I've personally always believed that if something makes you happy and doesn't harm anyone else, you should never feel guilty about enjoying it. Life is so much better when you can allow yourself to be you for you.

CT: I do believe it's time to make a pasta salad. That's right ladies, he cooks. And people food, at that!

Top Bottom