• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Westboro Baptist Church

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
It's horrendous :( and, like I said, if they really hate everyone they should write their own music rather than take other songs

Aside from the songs, I find this whole Westboro thing to actually be quite humorous in a way.

With gabage like this, people have the nerve to wonder why there are athiest.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think that this church group does give a very bad impression on religion, especially for people who are not very familiar with or do not like Christianity. I know when I showed my friend clips of these 'people', the first thing he said was that 'this was why he's not a Christian'. While I don't affiliate myself with any particular religion, there's evidently a stark difference between mainstream Christianity and WBC's views. Not to mention the WBC believe that anyone outside their church is going to hell anyway. Uber cultists.

D

Deleted member 1428

Yuparoo, those are the type of "Christians" that make us look bad.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Exactly :p

I personally believe that THEY are the devil's work, trying to make the world believe that God doesn't love us

D

Deleted member 1428

No durr. Stupid devil I'm getting sick of that bitchs freaking crap. The freaking devil keeps on always trying to turn me away from God.

Zombie Enclave

I wonder what they think of athiests. Like me.

Really, have to bring in the satan worshippers. And the homosexuals. And the military. And Obama and MCcian.

They hate all of them.

La Femme Fatale;53702 said:
I think that this church group does give a very bad impression on religion, especially for people who are not very familiar with or do not like Christianity.
That's not it, it's not that me or other Athiest are unfamiliar with Christianity it's because these people are the pure example of just how deluded religous people can get.

This is not meant to offend anyone and im sorry if it does, but those people are really not that different from any other overly religious group of people or family. What makes them stand out is that their beliefs collide with what we don't think is bad in our society and they take it to the extream so it offends people greatly.

Look at Fred Phelps, I watched that whole documentary last night and he just didn't want to bother to hear any questions or any comments that may have something to do with contridicting or disagreeing with his beliefs in no question to escape any doubts he may have.

Same with Jael (Or whatever her name was.) she seemed very in denial many times she seemed unsure and uncomfortable whenever Louis (The interviewer) pointed out a contridiction or flaw. She was constantly nervously laughing at everything.

I have had religous debates in real life, and i've encountered people just like Fred and Jael, and these where "normal" religous folks, so yeah everyone is entitle to their own beliefs but because the Phelps are so outrageous in their point of view people hate them for it.

Not to say I have undying love for these guys but I hope you get the point im trying to make.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
013;53769 said:
That's not it, it's not that me or other Athiest are unfamiliar with Christianity it's because these people are the pure example of just how deluded religous people can get.
I didn't say that athiests were unfamiliar with Christianity. I consider myself an athiest, but I'm very familiar with the bible and the beliefs of Christians. Yes, this is a shining example of how zealous some religious groups can be... but this group is a minority- they are a single group of cultists/fanatics. It wouldn't be fair to say that 'mainstream' Christians share WBC's point of view.
This is not meant to offend anyone and im sorry if it does, but those people are really not that different from any other overly religious group of people or family... so yeah everyone is entitle to their own beliefs but because the Phelps are so outrageous in their point of view people hate them for it.
But, this does distinguish the 'normal' religious families from the psychos. I have friends who come from highly religious families, and while the same basic set of beliefs are there... their behaviour makes all the difference. WBC go around calling people 'fag-enablers' and saying that 'faggots eat feces' and thanking God for 9/11 and for AIDs. While these families are typically opposed to homosexuality and other issues that the WBC talks about, I've never seen nor heard any other Christian group be as grotesque in their delivery as the WBC. I just don't think it's fair to lump everyone together and say that there's little difference.

Femme and Resident James I see your points. My apologies, it's just that most of the religous people I run into are manipulating hypocrytes that wanna jugde everyone but themselves. I also run into the ones that don't know how to leave people alone if you don't believe in what they believe, or the ones that reject you when you admit you're an Atheist. So naturally I feel that they arn't that diffent from this Westboro church.

I lived with my aunt and her Jehova witness family for about 3 months...my gosh. You wanna know how bad it was? I went into her household Agnostic, I came out 3 months later completely Atheist. On top of all the other rediculous restritions I refuse to believe that God doesn't want to me play Resident Evil (A game that has brought me joy for years.) because it attracts demons and evil spirits into the home.

And my cousin, we were so close as young girls, now she's brainwashed and it seems she's trying to save me or whatever. Im not prejudice against relious people so I tried to hang out with her and spend time with her, but do you know how difficult it is to try to hang out with someone who thinks every damn thing you enjoy on a daily basis is a sin or has something to do with Satan? Especially when these sinful activities are rated R movies and cursing with your friends at the mall.

*Sigh* Please excuse me, ranting about one of many unpleasant religous encounters.

Not to mention i've been alittle cranky and religion always seems to get me flared up...cept for Greek mythology. (GOW FTW!!! Lol!) Forgive my last post. I must admit when im wrong.

(And just so you know, im a nice Atheist. Lol, not from any cults or anything. XD)

D

Deleted member 1428

You're Atheist? Never knew. Don't worry I'm not gonna judge ya for what you think.

Well it's not like people go up to each other when they first meet like, "Hello, my name is *insert name here* and im an Atheist." Lol

J/K but it's not something I usually bring up in conversation inless it's relevant. XD

Hoady

013;53849 said:
I lived with my aunt and her Jehova witness family for about 3 months...my gosh. You wanna know how bad it was? I went into her household Agnostic, I came out 3 months later completely Atheist. On top of all the other rediculous restritions I refuse to believe that God doesn't want to me play Resident Evil (A game that has brought me joy for years.) because it attracts demons and evil spirits into the home.

And my cousin, we were so close as young girls, now she's brainwashed and it seems she's trying to save me or whatever. Im not prejudice against relious people so I tried to hang out with her and spend time with her, but do you know how difficult it is to try to hang out with someone who thinks every damn thing you enjoy on a daily basis is a sin or has something to do with Satan? Especially when these sinful activities are rated R movies and cursing with your friends at the mall.

When it comes to that i think christianity has come across as the wrong way or misinterpreted to these people.I think Jesus was cool man but just to be honest misinterpreted, i just find it stupid that when you are given life something or someone you don't even know is restricting you from having fun.Want to know what i think about religion?Don't take offense people but i think every single religion is stupid, it all involves 'thinking' which usually ends up with,arguments,debates,violence over pointless **** made up by the human thought which is really just nothing but insanity.That may seem weird to understand but its not a belief system its just what you learn after being aware of life, and knowing yourself/history isn't just a bunch of mentally labelled things.

Sound stupid?Well to put it more clearly what i'm based on is that thing you've heard people calling the present moment.That is all.:lol:

Resident James

Captain Courageous;53861 said:
Want to know what i think about religion?Don't take offense people but i think every single religion is stupid

You just lost some of my respect, no offense.

This is why I hate 'atheism VS religion threads' nothing good ever comes from it and it creates slighter worsened antagonisms.

And that's pointless, it really is.

Hoady

Resident James;53870 said:
You just lost some of my respect, no offense.

This is why I hate 'atheism VS religion threads' nothing good ever comes from it and it creates slighter worsened antagonisms.

And that's pointless, it really is.

Thats understandable.I do truly respect peoples beliefs though and wouldn't critize someone and go"but where is gods help in this and that"etc.Put it this way i don't fight to say"i'm right"and try to convince people otherwise because thats just pointless rant.

What i beleive in is the present moment which is not thinking/talking in your head while religion on the otherhand is done by thinking/believing in something.Thats why i beleive its pointless because its all thought up in the head, which is not living or appreciating this moment this second which is what i find true in life, living as one with it.Haha as gay as that sounds thats what i reckon,just never take me too seriously.

Top Bottom