• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Wesker's Voice.

Which VA do you like better?

• Total voters

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I didn't really like Wesker in RE5, either. I mean, he was still cool in his own way, but he just seemed totally different than what I knew Wesker to be before RE5.

I also preferred his voice as it was in RE4, rather than 5. He just sounded more cool and just the tone in his RE5 voice sounded...awkward in alot of instances, and the accent sounded kind of forced.

I know there may or may not be other reasons than they just randomly decided to recast him, but Richard Waugh was just fine as Wesker. Why fix something that isn't broken? I'm surprised Claire has had the same voice actor in every appearance with how often Capcom changes voice actors.

Reactions: 013

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I also preferred his voice as it was in RE4, rather than 5. He just sounded more cool and just the tone in his RE5 voice sounded...awkward in alot of instances, and the accent sounded kind of forced.

By awkward you mean... Gay/flirty with Chris?
hurrplz.png

Kidding... La sigh.

I feel Douglas did the better acting and definitely improved on that terribly cheesy and forced laughter from Wesker in the past games. It never failed to make me cringe. Lol

Doddledandy

In support of Albert Wesker.
D.C Douglas IS Wesker's voice, in my opinion. All of the other voice actors didn't do Wesker justice, but D.C did. He captured the deep sly mutter that Wesker's personality epitomizes.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I recently played Code: Veronica and never fully got used to Wesker's voice. It just didn't sound right, somehow. He sounded allot better in the RE4 video the OP posted, but I still think DC Douglas is the best Wesker.

"Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you."

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I didn't really like Wesker in RE5, either. I mean, he was still cool in his own way, but he just seemed totally different than what I knew Wesker to be before RE5.

I know there may or may not be other reasons than they just randomly decided to recast him, but Richard Waugh was just fine as Wesker. Why fix something that isn't broken? I'm surprised Claire has had the same voice actor in every appearance with how often Capcom changes voice actors.

The accent definately sounded forced.

And why Allyson Court has still voiced Claire is a mystery. I mean, they even changed Ada's VA recently. In Damnation and RE6 she was voiced by somebody other than Sally Cahill, who has voiced Ada since RE2. As well as RE4 and DSC.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I think Waugh is the better Wesker. Douglas did an awesome job but he only sounded "real" when was playing an angry Wesker. Douglas as an cool and calmed Wesker just sounded like "fake" to me... While Waugh was really good at playing the cool and mysterious part of Wesker and the way he spoke will always remind me of Wesker :)

Top Bottom