• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Wesker's Voice.

Which VA do you like better?

• Total voters

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
So, most of you know that I hate the way the character Wesker was changed, the voice, personality, style, everything, starting with UC(Umbrella Chronicles), and continuing into RE5, and even DSC(Darkside Chronicles).

Anyway, the guy who voiced Wesker in RE1, was Sergio Jones, who obviously, like everyone else in the original wasn't very good.

Richard Waugh voiced Wesker in CVX, RE4, & RE0, as well as the Wesker's Report.

DC Douglas voiced Wesker in UC, RE5 & DSC thus far.

So which do you like better and why? Here are a couple of examples of each, in case you don't have each of their voices on you mind.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Just an average guy...and to me Wesker is NO average guy...

That's always what I liked about him. I liked how normal he was, and seemed. REmake included. I'm not just saying this in accordance with your most recent comment either, about him seeming like an average guy.

I wouldn't say that he was completely average but seemed normal enough. I've heard Waugh's Wesker referred to as, monotone, before. That's a bit drastic, but it's not overly fluctuated vocals making it sound fake, like a certain other....

Actually, you mentioned how DC Douglas was, over-the-top, you also mentioned the word, "classic"....in a way, that's kind of true. Waugh's is so much cooler and more real, but Douglas's is more of an, over-the-top, ridiculous, almost comic book villian kind of version....and I mean that, version. It's a variation of the actual Wesker voice for sure.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's always what I liked about him. I liked how normal he was, and seemed. REmake included. I'm not just saying this in accordance with your most recent comment either, about him seeming like an average guy.

I wouldn't say that he was completely average but seemed normal enough. I've heard Waugh's Wesker referred to as, monotone, before. That's a bit drastic, but it's not overly fluctuated vocals making it sound fake, like a certain other....

Actually, you mentioned how DC Douglas was, over-the-top, you also mentioned the word, "classic"....in a way, that's kind of true. Waugh's is so much cooler and more real, but Douglas's is more of an, over-the-top, ridiculous, almost comic book villian kind of version....and I mean that, version. It's a variation of the actual Wesker voice for sure.

See and i suppose i am sort of biased because i love the sense of those comic book villians that always come so close to getting what they want, only to be foiled by a hard working hero...I'm sort of really into comics, so i like a megalomaniac Wesker...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See and i suppose i am sort of biased because i love the sense of those comic book villians that always come so close to getting what they want, only to be foiled by a hard working hero...I'm sort of really into comics, so i like a megalomaniac Wesker...

I suppose that's why you accepted the changes more than me...

All I see is a shadow of a character that used to be awesome. This whole, megalomaniac plan of his, is really pretty much just Spencer's plans....I don't know why they just dropped Wesker's intentions and goals, and just had him kill off Spencer and use his ideas....

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I suppose that's why you accepted the changes more than me...

All I see is a shadow of a character that used to be awesome. This whole, megalomaniac plan of his, is really pretty much just Spencer's plans....I don't know why they just dropped Wesker's intentions and goals, and just had him kill off Spencer and use his ideas....

Because Spencer had a better plan i guess...Wesker realized how his was small in comparison to Spencers maybe...idk though...

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Douglas souned amazing in five, he needs to come back and do Alex Wesker, but in a diffent voice with the same brittishy tone.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Because Spencer had a better plan i guess...Wesker realized how his was small in comparison to Spencers maybe...idk though...

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, it just doesn't make any sense. They shouldn't have dropped everything for some new BS for him.

@Capcom Girl, what was it you liked, about his voice that is?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, it just doesn't make any sense. They shouldn't have dropped everything for some new BS for him.

@Capcom Girl, what was it you liked, about his voice that is?

Ya, they shouldve kept it going, his origianal i mean...because now how are we ever going to find out about Oganiztion or anything...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ya, they shouldve kept it going, his origianal i mean...because now how are we ever going to find out about Oganiztion or anything...

IDK.

We still don't know what he was going to do....and I guess we never will. RE4 left us with a cliffhanger.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well perhaps we will find out through other means...we knew he was going to revive Umbrella with him at the head...or a corp. like Umbrella at least...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well perhaps we will find out through other means...we knew he was going to revive Umbrella with him at the head...or a corp. like Umbrella at least...

Yeah, there was definately something about bringing back Umbrella, that was mentioned a few times. Even Krauser was aware of that.

"All for Umbrella's sake"

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, there was definately something about bringing back Umbrella, that was mentioned a few times. Even Krauser was aware of that.

"All for Umbrella's sake"

The only question i have about it is, was it Umbrella he was trying to revive, or another Corp. like Umbrella...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Anyway, the guy who voiced Wesker in RE1, was Sergio Jones, who obviously, like everyone else in the original wasn't very good.
While the voice acting in RE1 wasn't very good, I'm actually partial to Jones' work as Wesker, I'm partial to what Wesker started out as and I'm not entirely sure I'm fond of the way his character was gradually changed...To me Wesker will always be the cocky leader of STARS who wanted to act bigger and more important than he actually was. He'll always be the man behind the curtain to me, the guy you never see until the last five minutes of the game - kind of like the Wizard of Oz.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
While the voice acting in RE1 wasn't very good, I'm actually partial to Jones' work as Wesker, I'm partial to what Wesker started out as and I'm not entirely sure I'm fond of the way his character was gradually changed...To me Wesker will always be the cocky leader of STARS who wanted to act bigger and more important than he actually was. He'll always be the man behind the curtain to me, the guy you never see until the last five minutes of the game - kind of like the Wizard of Oz.

It was memorable, like most of the others, Barry, and the rest of the gang.

His role in RE1 was probably his best. I wish they had left him dead there, TBH. Still keeping the stuff with Birkin, their friendship, all of that stuff with Marcus, everything leading up to RE0 & RE1, that's be great, but I'd find it perfectly satisfactory for them to leave him dead after the Tyrant attack.

You also mentioned him as the cocky leader of STARS, having very human emotions and flaws. He was a great character, and those things are absent from his RE5 counterpart.

It's like a totally different character.

Top Bottom