• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Jay

K.I.N.G.
LOL yo did you tune in for VxG? I don't even have to say how crazy it was. Btw what you think about USF4?

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
i did watch some of vxg. i was busy that weekend for the most part but watching flocker handle chris g & fchamp back to back really solidified his spot as the best.

i can't really imagine usf4 being bad per se. i'm concerned with some of the balance changed i've been hearing (seth being nerfed to ****, geif being nerfed?????), but i'm sure it will come out fine.

BUT YOOO did you see those nemo vs. fchamp/chris g ft15's from evo???

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Were you there when Jessica and Gootecks got on? Man stream monsters went nuts when they commentated. I died laughing. Yeah, Seth is getting screwed over big time while Gief getting a few buffs. Who do you main? And yeah I did. Nemo knows some crazy stuff with Strange. People lost hella money that night lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I haven't played UMvC3 yet, but I REALLY want to. Does it control any better than it's predecessor, because as great as MvC3 was, it seemed blocky at times.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I haven't played UMvC3 yet, but I REALLY want to. Does it control any better than it's predecessor, because as great as MvC3 was, it seemed blocky at times.

Its an upgrade. It still plays and feels the same way. Only difference is a few new characters, and some of the old cast got buffed/nerfed. How often did you play?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I played all the time. I loved the game, but seeing as I no longer have a Current Gen console, I'm at a loss as far as playing it, OR Ultimate goes.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
gah! excuse my late reply, i just noticed this question! i main ken & sakura, and i dabble in seth. i love playing akuma in 3S, and i know he's top tier in AE, but i just can't get used to the subtle differences for some reason.

Its cool. I wasn't serious into AE but I want to get into USF4. I'd probably main Ibuki, Ken (who got buffed), or Cody. Yo, tell me you be watching Salty Bets doe.

REmake enthusiast
Its cool. I wasn't serious into AE but I want to get into USF4. I'd probably main Ibuki, Ken (who got buffed), or Cody. Yo, tell me you be watching Salty Bets doe.
i just made an account during this year's EVO, but i've seen people talking about watching lately. do they stream now or something?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
SnakeEyez had this man damn. Can't believe Daigo got eliminated so early. Smug put in work. Sako ERyu had combos for days. Luffy had solid play and he deserved it.

Last edited:

REmake enthusiast
SnakeEyez had this man damn. Can't believe Daigo got eliminated so early. Smug put in work. Sako ERyu had combos for days. Luffy had solid play and he deserved it.
how do i allllllways miss your posts :unimpressed:
i think the reason daigo lost is because..well he's just a bad ERyu player. that character needs to be played a certain way, and from what i saw, he was playing the exact same way he has in recent years with (good?) ryu. trying to zone and poke when he needs to be rushing down and converting low forwards into 40% like sako does. and to make matters worse, he lost to champ who will probably be his demon til the end of time, and a fundamentals monster in john choi.

TL;DR - daigo needs to drop ERyu, JUSTIN ****ING WONG, EVO2015?

Reactions: Jay

REmake enthusiast
also, since we last actually talked about playing marvel, i've changed things up a bit. i finally picked up vergil and now he's on all 3 of my tournament teams;

wesker / doom / vergil
morrigan / doom / vergil
vergil / doom / ammy
(very creative stuff, i know)
i've been messing with some new point characters though, namely chris, chun, tron, and trish. do you think you could give me some pointers on basic chris tech? who should i play behind him? keep in mind i don't mind playing something other than doom / vergil, but i do enjoy winning :p

Jay

K.I.N.G.
how do i allllllways miss your posts :unimpressed:
i think the reason daigo lost is because..well he's just a bad ERyu player. that character needs to be played a certain way, and from what i saw, he was playing the exact same way he has in recent years with (good?) ryu. trying to zone and poke when he needs to be rushing down and converting low forwards into 40% like sako does. and to make matters worse, he lost to champ who will probably be his demon til the end of time, and a fundamentals monster in john choi.

TL;DR - daigo needs to drop ERyu, JUSTIN ****ING WONG, EVO2015?
Its cool and I could definitely see Justin running it back again. Yeah idk what Daigo was thinking bringing in his ERyu like that. It almost seemed like he wasn't trying at all to win.

also, since we last actually talked about playing marvel, i've changed things up a bit. i finally picked up vergil and now he's on all 3 of my tournament teams;

wesker / doom / vergil
morrigan / doom / vergil
vergil / doom / ammy
(very creative stuff, i know)
i've been messing with some new point characters though, namely chris, chun, tron, and trish. do you think you could give me some pointers on basic chris tech? who should i play behind him? keep in mind i don't mind playing something other than doom / vergil, but i do enjoy winning :p
Vergil/Doom are just too good I don't blame you lol. Chris can deal some major damage and some setups can one touch certain chars. I mained him ever since I seen Bum and TA Predator use him. Some of my teams are
Chris, Spencer, Sentinel
Chris, Spencer, Doom,
Haggar, Hulk, Chris (Bum special)

I'll post some vids instead to show you some B&Bs rather than a bunch of button talk.

Top Bottom