• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 To Those with the Revelations Console Demo

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Just a word to everyone protesting about the price:
Keep in mind that this port is going to define the future of RE games. Capcom wants to know if they should keep creating action games like RE6, or return to survival horror, and make games like Revelations. By buying Revelations, you are telling Capcom you want this kind of games, so it's more than just buying a game - you are defining the future of the series.
While I agree that how this title performs may dictate how the rest of the series is handled, though I find that highly doubtful considering that Resident Evil 7 is reportedly - though not confirmed - the end of the series, I still don't see how that explains them overpricing a port.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
It's not the traditional type of survival horror, but it is as close as you can get in future RE's.
I actually think it is creepy in the part of the crew dorm and bathroom, it's really dark and there are a lot of oozes in a very small space - and it gets even worse in Infernal.
Above all, I really like the way the story is told in this game (although some things in the story don't make much sense if you try to put them chronologically).

But if you prefer the RE6 style, then skip the game...
I am.

I did read the story, didn't make much sense to me. Hell the ONLY thing that felt right about the story was that the BSAA were on a mission.
Other than that it's just "What the Hell?"

Although I now know where some Re6 Merc maps came from

bruno

Chief Researcher
While I agree that how this title performs may dictate how the rest of the series is handled, though I find that highly doubtful considering that Resident Evil 7 is reportedly - though not confirmed - the end of the series, I still don't see how that explains them overpricing a port.

I don't think Capcom wants to finish RE so soon, but I havn't heard anything about RE7 yet.
I agree that the game is overpriced, since it already existed in the 3DS. But don't forget all the work they had to do with the graphics, and adapting the game mechanics to consoles... That must have had a huge cost for Capcom, considering they've done it in a couple of months. They did all that because RE6 sales were disappointing and all fans were asking for Revelations to be ported.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
They did all that because RE6 sales were disappointing and all FANS were asking for Revelations to be ported.
Bull****.

Sorry but I don't count those idiotic fools who complain about every little thing in RE. HELL I know a few of them. tthey constantly complain about action when they play games like ME3 or AC3

Fans are people who accept the series no matter what the change is

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I understand that porting this took money but it seems to be a shotty little ditch effort to bring fans back to a quickly dying series and I hate to break it to them but their overpricing of this port means that I won't be getting it for a while - until it's lowered to a more reasonable $30 or even $20. The demo severely disappointed me to the point of swear words and the loss of a drink very close to my heart at that current moment in time. Movement was awkward, progression was slow, enemy reaction was terrible, nothing was explained, therefore I didn't quite understand what I was doing and so couldn't be bothered to care about what was happening and, while I have been missing Jill, I was hoping to get to play as Chris as well during this endeavor. (Sort of like an RE6, snip-it of each side of the coin-type deal.)

And did I mention that it was entirely too short to even be called a demo? Should have been classified as "just enough to **** you off and/or make you want to destroy your gaming console."

If Capcom wasn't so hell-bent on money, they could have put a lot more effort into this and made a much better console version for this title. Just saying.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I consider myself a pretty damn big fan of this series, and all I'll say is anything to get Capcom to tone down the action I'm all for. So, I hope this sells all the copies IF this is anything at all closer to the older entries(as I've heard). I can't judge it until it comes out, but I've heard mostly good things.

Also remember folks, any medium of entertainment is solely opinion, whether it be music, tv, movies, video games ect., so there's no point in arguing over it!

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Though I have personally enjoyed the demo, I can definitely see where the naysayers are coming from. I have a few minor complaints, but I have a strong feeling most of my biggest problems with it will be remedied through the level up system.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Bull****.

Sorry but I don't count those idiotic fools who complain about every little thing in RE. HELL I know a few of them. tthey constantly complain about action when they play games like ME3 or AC3

Fans are people who accept the series no matter what the change is

I like actions games like AC, MGS, etc.
But what made RE my favorite series was that it was survival horror. However, that has been missing in later entries. I don't like that RE games are action games.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I like actions games like AC, MGS, etc.
But what made RE my favorite series was that it was survival horror. However, that has been missing in later entries. I don't like that RE games are action games.
I know what you mean. I thought 4 was acceptable but 5 & 6 were fun, at least to me

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
What happens when you scan handprints? I dind't understand that from the demo...
I never got that either but I didn't get a lot of things.

I also didn't appreciate them blowing the one cut-scene they relied so heavily on when Revelations was first being released all to hell in this demo either. (I actually don't appreciate that little bit of false advertising period. I now feel cheated.)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Just a word to everyone protesting about the price:
Keep in mind that this port is going to define the future of RE games. Capcom wants to know if they should keep creating action games like RE6, or return to survival horror, and make games like Revelations. By buying Revelations, you are telling Capcom you want this kind of games, so it's more than just buying a game - you are defining the future of the series.

Capcom have been told time and time again their hard core fans prefer survival horror but most people like a bit of action mixed in. I dont think buying this game will tell them anything, its simply a cash in because Revelations didnt sell very well on handheld and lots of RE fans wanted to play it that didnt have a DS. Its basically an easy piece of conversion work and a fast buck, i dont think this is anyway some kind of survey to what they might make future wise. They have probaly already decided Re7's fate and it will probaly be a mix of Leons re6 action/horror and Revelation style. It really isn't that groundbreaking or amazing, revelations is an old style game and i'd rather see them do something more innovative like for example Dark Souls, Dead island, Fallout, The Last of Us, etc. I think Survival games have come along way since this style.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
What happens when you scan handprints? I dind't understand that from the demo...
In the campaign there's hidden hand prints
When you scan them all you get a reward after beating the campaign. (Console version probably has an achievement also for this)
It unlocks a weapon for your next playthrough
It's probably on the demo for these reasons:
1 no point uncoding something small like this
2 there to show players that they exist
3 shows you position of it to help you with the main campaign

bruno

Chief Researcher
Capcom have been told time and time again their hard core fans prefer survival horror but most people like a bit of action mixed in. I dont think buying this game will tell them anything, its simply a cash in because Revelations didnt sell very well on handheld and lots of RE fans wanted to play it that didnt have a DS. Its basically an easy piece of conversion work and a fast buck, i dont think this is anyway some kind of survey to what they might make future wise. They have probaly already decided Re7's fate and it will probaly be a mix of Leons re6 action/horror and Revelation style. It really isn't that groundbreaking or amazing, revelations is an old style game and i'd rather see them do something more innovative like for example Dark Souls, Dead island, Fallout, The Last of Us, etc. I think Survival games have come along way since this style.

According to Masachika Kawata, the producer of Revelations:

"Once we see Revelations released on consoles, we'll be looking very carefully at how the title is received and what feedback we get. I think we'll get a lot of input from the fanbase and the media on what it means for Resident Evil, and what it could mean for the future of the series. We'll definitely be looking at that as a signpost for where we need to be going next.
"Moving forward I can see us focusing even more on the horror aspect and fear in the series, and see us making something scarier than we have already."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-31-capcom-there-is-a-possibility-of-resident-evil-series-reboot

In the campaign there's hidden hand prints
When you scan them all you get a reward after beating the campaign. (Console version probably has an achievement also for this)
It unlocks a weapon for your next playthrough
It's probably on the demo for these reasons:
1 no point uncoding something small like this
2 there to show players that they exist
3 shows you position of it to help you with the main campaign

Ah right. So the handprints basically work like the Emblems in RE5/6

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
cant wait to get my copy in the morning! I loved it on 3ds and I will even more on PS3 !! I love the controls it makes me feel like im playing resident evil 4

Mr Sunshine

Has anyone beat it on infernal mode?

There's one giant mother****** that scared the **** out of me! I knew something would come out of there but i had no ammo and his screams were terrifying! Man did i panick a lot!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
To anyone who has played infernal.
Did you meet any new enemies? I know there's at least 2 but I only know of the wall blister. What's it like? Scary, creepy, hard, easy?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
To anyone who has played infernal.
Did you meet any new enemies? I know there's at least 2 but I only know of the wall blister. What's it like? Scary, creepy, hard, easy?
It's basically a Hunter...So annoying

The Other one is probably the most annoying considering it can kill you in TWO hits flat

Top Bottom