• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 To Those with the Revelations Console Demo

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
What are your opinions? Graphics, Gameplay, Music, stage,Ect

I find Graphics to be quite impressive (Not that they really matter) I find it makes the ooze look scary

I played on all difficulties they have a VERY large gap with each

Although I don't find the acutal game scary I was playing with the music pretty damn high it's not that scary Imo

Frankly I found it rather boring. Challenging but boring I didn't feel any sort of emotion playing it, even during combat

If I had to rate it outta 10 I'd say 5/10

Anyways this was the only RE I skipped out on.

Nothingless what did you guys think?

Jwells

The graphics are pretty awesome. But the aiming feels weird (or is it just me ?)... a headshot is almost impossible .

it was too short to really judge properly

Still getting it on day 1

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Well I gave up on Infernal Mode lolz. I either need to learn how to aim better(it seems like staggering enemies is pretty hard), or dodge better. Before the night is over I'm gonna clear this >.< I haven't played Casual Mode yet, but the difference between Normal and Infernal is crazy! Nice/frustrating challenge :)

But for the demo, here's my pro's/con's list. In my humble opinion, of course:

Pros:
Good graphics - Though, I'm not a graphics whore, I still thought it looked pretty.
Atmosphere - I really liked the ship setting. It's a pretty isolated situation if you think about it. I've missed that.
Music - Though nothing really popped out while actually playing, I really like the title theme. It gets stuck in my head!
Jill's butt. - NUFF SAID.

Cons:
It zooms in too much when you're shooting. Maybe I'm just used to pulling the camera all the way back in RE6, but Jill gets a little too close when I'm trying to blast things away.
Head shots - As Jwells mentioned, head shots seem pretty impossible. Maybe I just need to get used to the enemy movements, but I can't do it for the life of me! Also, anyone know if this is the only way to stun and enemy?
Genesis Scanner - While I love this in general(really, its a nice addition to the game!), I hate that I can scan through walls into other rooms. But this is probably just me being overly picky.

Either way I'm grabbing this day one. From what I've heard from people, seen on youtube, and through the demo it looks like it'll be a fun ride.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well I gave up on Infernal Mode lolz. I either need to learn how to aim better(it seems like staggering enemies is pretty hard), or dodge better. Before the night is over I'm gonna clear this >.< I haven't played Casual Mode yet, but the difference between Normal and Infernal is crazy! Nice/frustrating challenge :)

But for the demo, here's my pro's/con's list. In my humble opinion, of course:

Pros:
Good graphics - Though, I'm not a graphics whore, I still thought it looked pretty.
Atmosphere - I really liked the ship setting. It's a pretty isolated situation if you think about it. I've missed that.
Music - Though nothing really popped out while actually playing, I really like the title theme. It gets stuck in my head!

Cons:
It zooms in too much when you're shooting. Maybe I'm just used to pulling the camera all the way back in RE6, but Jill gets a little too close when I'm trying to blast things away.
Head shots - As Jwells mentioned, head shots seem pretty impossible. Maybe I just need to get used to the enemy movements, but I can't do it for the life of me! Also, anyone know if this is the only way to stun and enemy?
Genesis Scanner - While I love this in general(really, its a nice addition to the game!), I hate that I can scan through walls into other rooms. But this is probably just me being overly picky.

Either way I'm grabbing this day one. From what I've heard from people, seen on youtube, and through the demo it looks like it'll be a fun ride.

HA! Title theme is pretty boss.

I actually agree 100% with your cons.

Believe me I played Infernal after completed it I thought:

'That mentioned on the WiiU version Infernal is Hell on crack...they weren't kidding'

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I played it yesterday and I'm not very impressed.
* Too short. You can play through this demo in five minutes if you know what you're doing. I was expecting a litte more, but oh well, at least I know now that the game will run on my computer, and that's the most important thing.
* The controls. Why does every RE game nowadays need to have different controls than the previous one? Well, I'll just have to get used to it. What annoys me, though, is that the control settings partly reset themselves to default whenever I restart the game. I hope this won't be the case in the final version.
* Melee. How exactly do you do it? It looks so easy in Capcom Unity's live streams, you just stun enemies as usual and go for it... But it never works in my case, and the knife doesn't seem to do any damage at all. I talked to two other people who played it at the same time as I did, but they couldn't figure it out either.
* The transition from normal view to aiming view is somewhat jerky, it confuses me.

I guess the game will be okay for me once I get used to all this, and I certainly won't miss out on a game that has Chris wear a sexy sailor extra costume, but at the moment, I'm less excited about it than I was before.

Pros:

Yeah, but... have you seen her face? Ugh! What was wrong with her old face? I never found Jill exceptionally pretty, she was okay, but this... yuck!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
if its anything like 3ds there was two options to aim with first person zoomed in more or classic RE third person aim-thats probaly why you felt it was too close.
As for the stunning the game had bad hit detection on the 3ds and thats carried over-its hard to tell when an enemy is stunned because they dont react to bullets like in re4/5/6. U just run towards them and hit X.
Also, the knife does a lot of damage. I survived bits of revelations campaign with the knife when i had no ammo.
All in all, im unsure whether to buy this again. I feel raid mode isnt nearly as exciting or addictive as mercenaries, as theres no combos, no +5 time? No zombies and there only seems hardly any enemies in Raid, ive not played it much but that might be why im so unimpressed? are the later raid stages more exciting. Maybe i'll go play more on my 3ds before buying this again.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I went the wrong way way the first time and got lost, and I didn't get the whole "genesis" thing at first (didn't know what to do) D: . . . That said, I loved it. I think games should encourage players to get lost. There's a mini-map, yes, but there's no HUD, which forced me to explore and added to the ambiance. I was very impressed. things I did not like: 1) the movement--feels awkward; 2) Jill's new face. I don't know how I feel about the "genesis," but I will get this when it's below $30.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I went the wrong way way the first time and got lost, and I didn't get the whole "genesis" thing at first (didn't know what to do) D: . . . That said, I loved it. I think games should encourage players to get lost. There's a mini-map, yes, but there's no HUD, which forced me to explore and added to the ambiance. I was very impressed. things I did not like: 1) the movement--feels awkward; 2) Jill's new face. I don't know how I feel about the "genesis," but I will get this when it's below $30.
Yeah i think most people agree its WAY better to explore an area or refer to an OFF SCREEN map than having a big unrealistic arrow constantly in your line of sight. I've even been going back to re4 for some of this feeling. That was a big mistake in Re6 (no option to remove just the arrow).
Anyway I liked the ambience and setting on the ship, though i feel the enemies are a bit of a let down. I'd rather have javos and zombies anyday. Anyway I think I'll also wait for a cheap copy if I do indeed get it..

Fenris

Wolf :)
The demo is very short... but I think it's quite good! I love the atmosphere of the game and the controls on the PS3 are pretty good. And the Genesis is very useful and helped me to find a lot of ammo. And yes Infernal Mode is a b*tch... Seriously when you go back from Rachel you need to pass like 11 Ooze (I counted!) and 1 new creature I had to run like hell to survive this mode...

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Anyway I think I'll also wait for a cheap copy if I do indeed get it..
Def. $50 for a Gameboy port that was originally $35 just doesn't sit well with me, even if the port is "HD." I have many, many other games to catch up with over the summer, so Revalations will have to wait.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Def. $50 for a Gameboy port that was originally $35 just doesn't sit well with me, even if the port is "HD." I have many, many other games to catch up with over the summer, so Revalations will have to wait.
Ditto $50 for a ported 3DS game? sure it has 2 new characters and alt costumes but that's a $15 dollar difference for two not even gameplay-wise, changes So Revelations is out for quite a while

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
yeah its a rip off really., they should have packaged the mercenaries 3ds with it and made it a full game, because raid mode isnt a patch on mercenaries, raid mode is basically the campaign mode in co-op, which the campaign should have had co-op already, and mercs should be in there. I watched a lot of gameplay last night and it really isn't that HD ,. i mean its got the pixel dimensions but the textures and backgrounds are very lacking in detail, barely looks better than re4, yeah i know graphics arent everything but to be real i have such limited time available on xbox, like 2 hours most nights, i want to play something that looks amazing and takes me away to another 'zone' rather than just a fantastic survival game, of which i have played many and Revelations really isnt up to the hype that many give it, i feel anyway, i hope you all enjoy it and proove me wrong. In the gameplay videos the crosshair looked bad, i hope it has the laser option available and when the bullet hits the baddies it barely bleeds or anything. I like to see blood n guts and zombies torn in half when my shotgun rips them. , on revelations its like shooting a red paint gun or something

bruno

Chief Researcher
I bought the game for 43$ (pre-sale discount), and it will have a DLC pack + 1 t-shirt (it also said 3 handguns, but I'm not sure if that is the same DLC pack or something else).
I really enjoyed the demo. The game looks really creepy, and the atmosphere is great, especially if you backtrack to the first rooms of the ship. The ooze are really scary, but the wall blister was too easy to dodge (you can just run by while it is falling from the ceiling). I like the fact that you can explore a large portion of the ship, and you will have to go back to the first rooms later in the game.
I don't like Jill's face and voice - there was no reason to hange her so much (Chris is almost the same as in RE5). I also didn't like the fact that there was too much ammo, even in the hardest difficulty. I think that Genesis should only allow to scan objects within your line of sight (not around corners or across walls).

Just a word to everyone protesting about the price:
Keep in mind that this port is going to define the future of RE games. Capcom wants to know if they should keep creating action games like RE6, or return to survival horror, and make games like Revelations. By buying Revelations, you are telling Capcom you want this kind of games, so it's more than just buying a game - you are defining the future of the series.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I bought the game for 43$ (pre-sale discount), and it will have a DLC pack + 1 t-shirt (it also said 3 handguns, but I'm not sure if that is the same DLC pack or something else).
I really enjoyed the demo. The game looks really creepy, and the atmosphere is great, especially if you backtrack to the first rooms of the ship. The ooze are really scary, but the wall blister was too easy to dodge (you can just run by while it is falling from the ceiling). I like the fact that you can explore a large portion of the ship, and you will have to go back to the first rooms later in the game.
I don't like Jill's face and voice - there was no reason to hange her so much (Chris is almost the same as in RE5). I also didn't like the fact that there was too much ammo, even in the hardest difficulty. I think that Genesis should only allow to scan objects within your line of sight (not around corners or across walls).

Just a word to everyone protesting about the price:
Keep in mind that this port is going to define the future of RE games. Capcom wants to know if they should keep creating action games like RE6, or return to survival horror, and make games like Revelations. By buying Revelations, you are telling Capcom you want this kind of games, so it's more than just buying a game - you are defining the future of the series.
If this is horror. Sorry but I'd rather stick to action I don't feel a single sense of emotion during this...Sorry but skipping Revelations was the best thing I did since buying MGS HD Collection

bruno

Chief Researcher
If this is horror. Sorry but I'd rather stick to action I don't feel a single sense of emotion during this...Sorry but skipping Revelations was the best thing I did since buying MGS HD Collection

It's not the traditional type of survival horror, but it is as close as you can get in future RE's.
I actually think it is creepy in the part of the crew dorm and bathroom, it's really dark and there are a lot of oozes in a very small space - and it gets even worse in Infernal.
Above all, I really like the way the story is told in this game (although some things in the story don't make much sense if you try to put them chronologically).

But if you prefer the RE6 style, then skip the game...

Top Bottom