• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 the next mercenaries charactor is....

Chris-BSAA

I dont care who are he new characers. as long as it ISNT Irving. Kirk or Ada would be cool. i think it will be 1 male and 1 female character.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
We Are Ninja;63459 said:
Why is everyone pining for Barry and Rebecca? They had nothing at all to do with RE5 (unlike Irving and DeChant...)? Their figures being in the game is interesting, but if they weren't included, I wouldn't be upset...

Well it is called Mercenaries REUNION. It makes one think that they will be bringing older characters into the mix.

The fact that this is Chris' big game- he's the main character- I think if they bring back any character from previous games it is going to be someone Chris has worked with (like Barry, Rebecca, or maybe even Claire).

It makes a lot more sense to bring back one of those three characters rather than Ada, Leon or friggin Hunk. They have nothing to do with RE5 or Chris Redfield. Time for new people damn it. I would rather have Irving than those three. They had their spotlight in Resident Evil 4. Time for someone else; something NEW.

v iBaxter

whats worong with hunk hes the best at mercs with neck breaker, i understand what ur sayin but recent charcters are shocking for example, excella, sheva, irving, crazed wesker.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
This is ridiculous. When I first heard about Mercenaries "Reunion" (note the qoutations) I got excited. I was like "Oh SNAP! They're bringin' back the oldies!" Then I looked it up and now... "F*** figures Capcom would do something like that...." More Chris and Sheva? Seriously? Excella? That ain't a reunion! That's not even hunk of tofu random, lol. That's just stupid. This ain't a reunion, it's retarded. (Excuse my being politically incorrect.) F*** you Capcom. Lame....

This is what I wanna see.

Ada (Would look bangin' on 360. We also don't know where she went EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS WORKING FOR WESKER! Hello Capcom... duh!)

H.U.N.K. (Classic. He's just beast. I love H.U.N.K. as do half the RE Mercs fans. ^^)

Rebecca (I like Rebecca and she would actually make sense to add making the "Reunion" plausible. Imagine that....)

Billy (Yeah, random. But if you bring back Rebecca for mercs, you gotta add Billy. That's her reunion. That, and he's also badass. ^^)

Barry (Seriously? I don't even have to explain this one.)

Claire (I'm not even gonna dignify why she's not in the DLC with a comment....)

Leon (Claire's reunion. Plus Leon is just a favorite. Can you imagine how many people would download the DLC just for him? RE4 outfit please. Mafia? Mos def.)

Krauser (This dude rapes. Flash grenade, double kick, head explosions galore, hah!)

They also all relate to one another. So it would all still fall under the "reunion" theme. I don't know what the hell they meant by "reunion," but it seems to me they need a dictionary.

We Are Ninja

I'm calling it now. The last two characters are the random blonde woman they dragged away and turned into a majini and crispy Kirk.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
I say alternate outfits of Josh and Excella. They're definitely into their alternates, aren't they? (F***tards....)

Chris-BSAA

DegenerateElite;63506 said:
I say alternate outfits of Josh and Excella. They're definitely into their alternates, aren't they? (F***tards....)
i hope not. that would just be cheap.

We Are Ninja

STAR_738;63465 said:
Well it is called Mercenaries REUNION. It makes one think that they will be bringing older characters into the mix.

I took it to mean that they'd be reuniting characters (living and dead) from the game (not the entire series). Excella's dead, but she's back. Wesker's dead, but he's already back. Irving's dead, but I expect him to return for the reunion... Same with DeChant (or Kirk, whichever).

Time will tell. But if Irving makes it in, you heard it here first.

We Are Ninja

I have. I played 1 through 3 and then 5. I've got the collector's edition of 4, but couldn't get into it back then. Now that I've beaten 5 to a pulp, I intend to give it another go...

v iBaxter

good because i recently got resi 4 again because my ps2 broke so i got it for my gamecube just beaten it today and u know what it beats the shazz out of resi 5, resi 5s story longer my ass ! but there where better improvemebnts in resi 5...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Weskers Shades;63472 said:
whats worong with hunk hes the best at mercs with neck breaker, i understand what ur sayin but recent charcters are shocking for example, excella, sheva, irving, crazed wesker.

Ummm Chris does the same damn neck breaking move- even if they aren't EXACTLY alike. There are plenty of other characters that deserve a small comeback in RE5's mercenaries before anyof the characters that were featured in RE4. It's time to break away from Resident Evil 4; this is a new game with a different main character therefore we should have different playable characters that fit with Chris' past in the mercenaries game.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I wouldn't mind seeing HUNK return, but then again I can't argue with that logic, as the character's should reflect that particular game's main character.

As HUNK only appeared in RE4 Mercs because of him & Leon both being in RE2. Hunk wouldn't really have a reason to be in RE5's character listing, unless they made some obscure connections, Chris is related to Claire, Claire was in RE2 with HUNK...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Well... Claire is related to Chris and they both are in RECV.
Also, Carlos is in RE3 with Jill. It'd be great if the characters were Claire and Carlos (i doubt about Carlos because he is already in RE3 mercs.... but HUNK's scenario in RE2 can be somewhat considered as RE2 mercs, so there's still a chance for Carlos).

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, actually I wouldn't mind seeing Claire.:)

Carlos really needs another role, him, Barry & Rebecca actually.

But as Carlos does have the Jill relation, I think it is plausible for him to show up...maybe.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I noticed a new pattern in Mercs Reunion...
The four characte/costume packs may correspond to costumes for the corresponding scenario.
We know Costume packs 1 and 2 are alternative costumes for the main game.
Now, Josh is playable in DE. Maybe Excella is playable in LIN instead of Jill.
Following the pattern, in LIN and DE we'l have an alternate version of Jill and her partner. So, in LIN we'll probably have Chris LIN and in DE we'll have a woman replacing Jill (or maybe a new costume for her)

Chris-BSAA

i dont think excella has something to do with LIN, i think youll get her together with another yet to be revealed character as a merc. reunion character when you download LIN.

Top Bottom