• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoke?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I quit for the second time almost 2 weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hell out of cigarettes, but that doesn't mean I didn't have a genuine desire to quit. I'm tired of being stinky all the time. I'm tired of not being able to smell or taste anything as acutely. I'm tired of my dental health suffering because of it.

Again, I love smoking. My absolute favorite way to start the day is a cup of black coffee and a Marlboro Red.
I've decided that when I'm 60 years old if I still want to smoke, I'll pick it back up. Until that day comes I can't do it any more.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I believe this week I'll be indulging in the mysterious and ever so delightful Mary Jane. Also mixing it with my new Hookah that lights up rainbow colors. Ah, I can't wait! Pina Colada, Tequila Sunrise, and Irish Creme flavors... Yes.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I believe this week I'll be indulging in the mysterious and ever so delightful Mary Jane. Also mixing it with my new Hookah that lights up rainbow colors. Ah, I can't wait! Pina Colada, Tequila Sunrise, and Irish Creme flavors... Yes.

groovy-with-GIMP.gif

Well, its early evening here in the Capital of Scotland with the rain beating down on the windows before falling onto the street below. I'm sitting on the windowsill with my laptop looking over the city, as i prepare for a night of chat with some of my fave people.

As i'm looking after my friends flat for a couple of weeks, she was worried her cats wouldn't take to me as they are house cats and are very clingy to their mother...

But what they didn't know was that being from REN i'm naturally a cool laidback cat myself so the following was the result within two hours.

kitty.jpg

Time for a smoke.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
For rollups I love Golden Virginia. Windsor Gold is quite nice too.
For straights I LOVE Marlboro Gold :D
And I also like to smoke a pipe, my favourite flavour is this cherry and vanilla blend :p

... hmm. Maybe I smoke too much.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Do any of you guys get smoking breaks at work? Like, proper ones?

Would you turn down a job if it meant you could not smoke there?

I'm curious because a friend of mine has been complaining of her rights being abused because her employer will not allow smoking breaks. What do you guys think?

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.

I'm curious because a friend of mine has been complaining of her rights being abused because her employer will not allow smoking breaks. What do you guys think?
At my old work you were allowed 10 minutes for a quick burn up. I always used to go for two burn ups back to back just before the heavy lifting started.......allowed me to over look the progress you know, so i could think up and implement strategies just like my job description asked me to.

Hoady

Well i am pretty naughty. If i only am given a 4 hour shift i sometimes go out when i shouldn't for 5 minutes to smoke, job always gets done anyway. I do get my proper breaks on a longer shift though where i can smoke. In my other job which isn't often but i don't ever go for a cigarette break, even if it is 9 hours.Its because i do mostly enjoy the work and can abstain from smoking around others till i leave.

I'm sure bosses who are non-smokers, do not understand the frustration most smokers feel without a cigarette. Infact last i check non smokers generally despise cigarettes. I think she should be allowed to have a smoking break,because the frustration i mentioned before can affect the smokers work ability. Plus it should just be her right as an employee. I know cigarettes are poison and really shouldn't be put in the same category as getting a glass of water or going to the toilet, but i guarantee some would take the smoke over the toilet lol. That need can feel just as high.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd

I work at a care home and we aren't allowed to smoke... doesn't mean we dont sneak outside when the manager and senior are out :p

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I enjoy the occasional cigar or cigarillo with a stiff drink. I can't imagine myself really smoking cigarettes as a serious addiction (Or, god forbid, inhaling my small cigars like an idiot).

Cheer

Kamen Rider

Well that depends on the job itself.

As a smoker (I smoke one pack a week) I think that people should be allowed smoking breaks. Unless they are working in restaurants or any job that requires direct contact with food. I mean lets be honest, How many people wash their hands after smoking?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I've never smoked an actual cigarette, and I don't have any plans to start, but I do enjoy Vaporizers and Hookah. Mostly because I think smoke is fun, and I don't like chewing gum so I enjoy the flavor.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I've never smoked an actual cigarette, and I don't have any plans to start, but I do enjoy Vaporizers and Hookah. Mostly because I think smoke is fun, and I don't like chewing gum so I enjoy the flavor.
FDA hasn't approved that stuff yet ( vaping ), but it is very smooth isn't it? I'm just hoping it's not any worse than cigarettes. I've heard it causes a lot of heart problems!

Also... I haven't smoked in a while but damn a joint would be nice right now. LOL

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
FDA hasn't approved that stuff yet ( vaping ), but it is very smooth isn't it? I'm just hoping it's not any worse than cigarettes. I've heard it causes a lot of heart problems!

Also... I haven't smoked in a while but damn a joint would be nice right now. LOL
...The FDA has approved them, otherwise businesses wouldn't be legally licensed to sell them. In the city I live in (a decent sized city) we have over 10 vapor shops ALONE. As in they ONLY sell stuff for vaping. That's not including just general smoke shops...

Top Bottom