• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Should I get Code Veronica X (GameCube)?

What do you think?

• I recommend you don't buy it or rent it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Sunshine

This is a RE fan site! What did this guy expect? To get answers like "No, don't buy it! It sucks!" :lol:

Spike991;69491 said:
Also, I agree, a "true" RE fan isn't someone who has played each and every game, otherwise there would probably only be 2 or 3 people.

Besides, most of the RE fanbase it divided into 3 major categories anyway, 1 is the fans who only play games earlier in the series and refuse to play anything new(or they gripe about them constantly), 2 is the fans that only play stuff post RE4, and refuse to play anything before(usually griping about the controls or camera), and 3 is the on I think is "true", or at least the "ideal" RE fan, the ones who play any and every RE game.

RE 4 + RE 5 = BLASPHEMY!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

I think I'll pick the first category! :p

Spike991 said:
I definately try to be in that category as well. In fact, I think that a majority of people on a forum are in category 3, or else they would probably get bored and leave...

:eek: Hey look at me! I'm still here! :lol:

Seriously now, even if you are in the third category you might get bored one day and leave this site as well. You can't talk all the time about RE! I find the general discussion much more interesting lately! ;)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@Tequila, RE3 on the PS is the same as on the GC pretty much, I can't recall any major differences. Also, on the categories, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have played all, but it is the thought that counts. I mean, being able to enjoy any of the games in the series, so you can fit there in 3.:)

@Fallen91, lol on your first comment.:) Also, you can get bored no matter what category you are on, I wasn't saying that staying was exclusive to #3.

If you are in #1, that is cool, we are all fans here, I think. In my opinion RE4 & RE5 are great additions to the series, and in fact, they aren't as different as some might believe.

Mr Sunshine

Spike991;70294 said:
If you are in #1, that is cool, we are all fans here, I think. In my opinion RE4 & RE5 are great additions to the series, and in fact, they aren't as different as some might believe.

It's the coolest actually! I'm always right.. Hahahaha! :lol:

Well, I haven't played neither RE 4 nor RE 5. So I can't have an opinion about them. :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Fallen91;70297 said:
It's the coolest actually! I'm always right.. Hahahaha! :lol:

Well, I haven't played neither RE 4 nor RE 5. So I can't have an opinion about them. :)

Oh, I didn't necessarily mean literaly, but I guess you are a text book example of #1 then.:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Fallen91;70299 said:
That is awesome! I'm AWESOME!

Moderation in all things. :D

I'm sure you are as cool as a barrel of monkies.:)

Honestly though, I think you should give RE4 & RE5 a try. Going solemnly by what other people say and what you read on forums, youtube, and game reviews, isn't that awesome. Both of those games offer alot of great things, and when you really sit down and compare them side by side, they aren't as different as some people like to think.:)

D. WALKER

If you have a gamecube then you shouldnt buy since it got mediocre reviews, but if you have a play station 2 or can borrow one then go for it. I loved Code Veronica X and I own it for the PS2.

codename: HUNK

If you are a fan of Directors cut, RE2, and RE3, then CV is definitely worth buying. You can continue the story, and it's a fun game that remains true to the original Resident evil. If you prefer REmake, RE0, RE4, and RE5, then CV probably isn't going to be what you're looking for, for it isn't as much a mindless action shooter, like the new games,as it is a puzzling survival horror, like the orginals.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I finally found a copy of CVX for the PS2 at a Gamestop! I've checked all the ones close to my house but no one had it. I was at the mall to exchange a t-shirt that was too small and decided to go into the Gamestop and ask if they had it. And they did! It didn't have the booklet or the orgiginal case but it was in pretty good condition and only $7 so I jumped on it. I've played the first hour or so now and made it to the palace. After playing RE 1, 2, and 3 so much over the past months it feels like I'm playing a next-gen Resident Evil game. I can't wait till I get to play as Chris again! I have played through Darkside Chronicles and read a few of the files on evilresource.com, so I already know the basics of the plot. But it'll be great to finally get the full story and experience the horror for myself.

Top Bottom