• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Should I get Code Veronica X (GameCube)?

What do you think?

• I recommend you don't buy it or rent it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PsychoJill

Definetly buy it, if you can find it that is. These days the RE games for gamecube are very hard to find. But CV is definetly the best besides the remake.

aut0matic

bruno;49251 said:
If it is possible, get the PS2 version instead, it has some cool extra cut-scenes. I think the only differences are those extra cutscenes and Steve's hairstyle (looks cooler in the PS2 version). If you don't have a PS2, you sould get it to the GC and watch the cutscenes in youtube. The gameplay is the same.
As this is one of the best RE in the series, maybe you'll want to keep it to play it again later, so probably you should buy it.
(The GC version is only "code: Veronica", the PS2 version is "code: Veronica X")

uhhh... no? idk why everyone on here is under the impression that only "code:veronica" is available on GC... "code: veronica x" is clearly available check here if you don't believe me and is the best possible version of the game you can buy...

StarsiderdotSajun

I'm in love with the Dreamcast so I play Code Veronica on that, as it's also my favorite RE game. But I might have to get the other versions if they do have additional cutscenes. :(

bruno

Chief Researcher
Sorry, i made a mistake. I thought the GC version was the Dreamcast version (didn't know about the Dreamcast version)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Sorry, i made a mistake. I thought the GC version was the Dreamcast version (didn't know about the Dreamcast version)
You can watch the cutscenes on youtube. The more interesting cutscenes are in the other version (Wesker's cutscenes).

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I see it all the time. REmake & RE0 are relatively cheap, but the others like RE2, RE3 & CVX are usually around 30 bucks...but I don't remember what CVX's price was, it may be cheaper, those are GC by the way.

hobojoe521

sorry to ask a question on your thread but does it have the third person camera, i might also be considering it, but i simply HATE third person camera. i am probably gonna get a 1001 quotes saying that im not a true RE fan, but ive gotta ask

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
hobojoe521;67392 said:
sorry to ask a question on your thread but does it have the third person camera, i might also be considering it, but i simply HATE third person camera. i am probably gonna get a 1001 quotes saying that im not a true RE fan, but ive gotta ask
Don't be afraid of asking questions related to the topic. And alot of true fans have not played this game. You don't have to play every title to be a true fan. It is what you feel for the series that determine if you're a fan or not. ;)

The camera swings between semi-fixed angles.

T-Virus Injected

it's not the over the shoulder cam like RE4 and 5 more of the older camera angle from the older REs.

Dont be afraid to ask questions. i know i wont hound you for asking a question you may see as being "unpopular."

I feel there isn't a definition of a "true" fan but i do know everyone on these forums is a great RE fan.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
hobojoe521;67392 said:

When you say 3rd person, do you mean not being 1st?

Anyway, if you mean the camera angles vs the over-the-shoulder, it is the angles. It is also the only game with duel-wielding...shame we didn't get to do this with Battle Suit Jill in RE5.

Also, I agree, a "true" RE fan isn't someone who has played each and every game, otherwise there would probably only be 2 or 3 people.

Besides, most of the RE fanbase it divided into 3 major categories anyway, 1 is the fans who only play games earlier in the series and refuse to play anything new(or they gripe about them constantly), 2 is the fans that only play stuff post RE4, and refuse to play anything before(usually griping about the controls or camera), and 3 is the on I think is "true", or at least the "ideal" RE fan, the ones who play any and every RE game.

weskersbarber

Spike991;69491 said:

Anyway, if you mean the camera angles vs the over-the-shoulder, it is the angles. It is also the only game with duel-wielding...shame we didn't get to do this with Battle Suit Jill in RE5.

Also, I agree, a "true" RE fan isn't someone who has played each and every game, otherwise there would probably only be 2 or 3 people.

Besides, most of the RE fanbase it divided into 3 major categories anyway, 1 is the fans who only play games earlier in the series and refuse to play anything new(or they gripe about them constantly), 2 is the fans that only play stuff post RE4, and refuse to play anything before(usually griping about the controls or camera), and 3 is the on I think is "true", or at least the "ideal" RE fan, the ones who play any and every RE game.

im number 3 on that list spike.ive played every game and my only complaints are about survivor 2 and outbreak file 2

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
weskersbarber;69501 said:
im number 3 on that list spike.ive played every game and my only complaints are about survivor 2 and outbreak file 2

I definately try to be in that category as well. In fact, I think that a majority of people on a forum are in category 3, or else they would probably get bored and leave...

weskersbarber

yeah like there are many people who sign up for forums after playing re4 and 5 and then after a while you never see them again.not exactly real resi fans

tequila

Bottle Lover
Spike991;69491 said:

I would fit in #3, except I have not played RE Survivor, Gaiden. and RE Dead Aim. RE 0, RE Remake/Director's Cut, RE 2 (PS and GC), RE 3 (GC), RE 4 (PS2), RE5, RE: Code Veronica (x) (PS2 abd GC), Outbreak, Outbreak 2, Umbrella Chronicals. I had Dead Aim, but my bro traded it in before I could play it.

Btw, is RE 3 on the PS the same as on the GC? Only exception would be the graphics.

Top Bottom