• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Should I get Code Veronica X (GameCube)?

What do you think?

• I recommend you don't buy it or rent it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bruno

Chief Researcher
If it is possible, get the PS2 version instead, it has some cool extra cut-scenes. I think the only differences are those extra cutscenes and Steve's hairstyle (looks cooler in the PS2 version). If you don't have a PS2, you sould get it to the GC and watch the cutscenes in youtube. The gameplay is the same.
As this is one of the best RE in the series, maybe you'll want to keep it to play it again later, so probably you should buy it.
(The GC version is only "code: Veronica", the PS2 version is "code: Veronica X")

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Lol, Strikesback5 (DS9-Lover) voted "I recommend you buy it", still he had to ask.

bruno;49251 said:
If it is possible, get the PS2 version instead, it has some cool extra cut-scenes. I think the only differences are those extra cutscenes and Steve's hairstyle (looks cooler in the PS2 version). If you don't have a PS2, you sould get it to the GC and watch the cutscenes in youtube. The gameplay is the same.
As this is one of the best RE in the series, maybe you'll want to keep it to play it again later, so probably you should buy it.
(The GC version is only "code: Veronica", the PS2 version is "code: Veronica X")
Isn't the graphics a little better on the GC? (It is on RE4.)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
^^ I disagree. In this case I think his thread should be kept open. After Bruno's reply this thread became pretty useful, and Strikesback is banned and can't ruin it. I hope no one else is going to ruin it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't mind if the thread is deleted. I didn't know DS9-Lover is Strikesback5, if i knew it, i wouldn't have answered him. Hadn't his IP been banned?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
In post #4 I asked a question that no one has answered so far.

This thread are in the process of being derailed- and it might be necessary to close it for this reason. However it should not be necessary, if we are able to get back on topic.

It is possible to ignore Strikesback and continuing on this topic at the same time. They who are unable to do so are breaking the rules themselves. I would prefer to not have to make a similar topic in order to get my question answered.

If you guys can behave and not create a problem, this thread can get back on track again and eventually die by itself when there's nothing more to say here.

Thanks for your co-operation! :)

ResidentZelda

Wow what a speech Romero lol :)

And to answer you question I think the graphics are slightly better in the GC version (IMO). DS9-lover is Stickesback5? wow how did he change his name? or did he create another account? :confused:

L

Lurker
another account. back on topic its better for the ps2 version. steve doesnt have an old man hair style and there are a few more cutscenes

wpstudart

Well, he's banned, so I think we don't need to say if he could buy it...

But we can discuss which is better, the Dreamcast version or the PS2.. Still we all know that the PS2 is better, but we can say why... Dunno. :lol:

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Ps2 has more wesker scenes i do believe. I wouldn't know i never got far on CV on dreamcast but completed it on ps2

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Good input here, thanks a bunch everyone!

So the GC has slightly better graphics, and the PS2 has more content.

I would believe that the PS2 graphics is good enough, at least I'm happy with RE4 on PS2.
I'll be keeping an eye out for the PS2 version of Code Veronica then.

Rathit;49313 said:
its better for the ps2 version. steve doesnt have an old man hair style and there are a few more cutscenes
Who is Steve? The protagonist? Anyway I suppose you're not talking about Steve the webmaster. :p

bruno

Chief Researcher
The main character is Claire, Steve is a fellow survivor she finds, and they help each others. He is only playable for less than 5 minutes.
The PS2 version has some cool cutscenes with Wesker that the other version doesn't.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I have both, the gamecube and PS2 version. I like the PS2 version, IMO there is a little more content. The whole title thing, I didn't realized that it was different. Bleh, I have them somewhere and forgot about it. GC is pretty straight, same storyline plot, characters, enemies, and stuff. The PS2 versions always have more content than the GC, but GC graphics are still kind of the same to me as the PS2, or slightly better. Idk my TV is pretty old and starting to get crappy.

Popo

i have the dreamcast version of it, never finished it though, i never quite understood how to lol

Top Bottom