• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil in Egypt?

wpstudart

Romero;49030 said:

Hunting zombies/ganados in Machu Picchu and Inca pyramids? :D

In Resident Evil 5, there's a part of the game that looks like a pyramid, so, I don't think anything is impossible to Capcom anymore :lol:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wpstudart;49096 said:
In Resident Evil 5, there's a part of the game that looks like a pyramid, so, I don't think anything is impossible to Capcom anymore :lol:
You know, capcom?

Heard in some future RE game:
"Capcom to Deep Space 11, over?"

:D

Tenebrae

Plot:

The Tomb of King Tut was said to have a curse upon it, and many of those involved in the dig died, some through mysterious means...perhaps a new virus? Be that as it may, Egypt was obsessed with life after death, believing that you literally came back to life, thus the reason as to why the organs of the individual were buried along with them in ceremonial jars along with all their wealth and prized possessions. Perhaps there was more to their beliefs than simply mythology...

In regards to mummies, Code: Veronica showed us that the dead can indeed be reanimated even after a decent length of time in being buried. The zombies that rise from the graves there look quite decayed. However, a mummy has had it's organs removed and been dried over the countless years...rendering it practically people jerky. In combination to such, the brains of every mummy are REMOVED, which is a vital aspect of any viral infected being. So, none of the viruses would be able to reanimate a mummy...but, perhaps, a virus would be able to use the genetic mass to mutate the husk into something useful. What this would be is unknown to me...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yes they removed the brains (and also other organs?), that would make it difficult to revive a mummy..

It was a fungus living in the tomb that killed some of them who found king Tut. A few died of other different causes.

D

Deleted member 1428

Ah so thats what it was.

Yeah the Egyptians removed literally every major organ.

Tenebrae

Romero;50493 said:
Yes they removed the brains (and also other organs?), that would make it difficult to revive a mummy..

It was a fungus living in the tomb that killed some of them who found king Tut. A few died of other different causes.

Interesting...

I can see a parasitic fungus being developed into a biological weapon. Imagine a human variant of a parasitic fungus like the type that infests ant colonies and controls their brains...

Nasty idea, and actually quite an effective bioweapon if you want to destroy the entire world's population. Those infected with a parasitic fungus seek out crowded areas, then they start to sprout the pod that distributes the spore cloud...which then infects vast numbers, that then infect larger numbers individually...and you then have a world wide catastrophe.

Now, we know Tut's fungi wasn't parasitic...just deadly, just stating my point though...a fungus could be the reason for a RE to take place in Egypt...it'd be a perfect bioweapon.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Would it be a fungus that needs a human (or animal) host in order to complete its life cycle?
If that's the case, it can't kill people too fast or it would eliminate itself. In nature this doesn't happen.

If it's a fungus that benefit from hosts but are able to complete its life cycle without one, then the above problem isn't a problem.
But then we have to ask why that fungus isn't killing people already. I think it has to be because the killer fungus doesn't exist yet. It have to change itself first, perhaps with the help of Umbrella.

Tenebrae

Romero;50572 said:
Would it be a fungus that needs a human (or animal) host in order to complete its life cycle?
If that's the case, it can't kill people too fast or it would eliminate itself. In nature this doesn't happen.

If it's a fungus that benefit from hosts but are able to complete its life cycle without one, then the above problem isn't a problem.
But then we have to ask why that fungus isn't killing people already. I think it has to be because the killer fungus doesn't exist yet. It have to change itself first, perhaps with the help of Umbrella.

Actually,

A killer fungi does exist, it's only deadly to insects though. There was an episode of the X Files based off it, they're parasitic fungi that actually control the brain of the host...it sounds unrealistic, but it's quite factual...save for the X-Files variant that took human hosts.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgkL8PulPdE

Tenebrae

Romero;50577 said:
WOW :blink:

Watched the video. That fungus is amazing.

Nay,

That's nothing really...there's an extremely toned down version of Las Plagas that exists...and DOES infect humans. Comes from the source that you least expect too, and quite similar to the "Zombie Snail" parasite.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=547

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

If you own a cat...you might have bugs in yo brain! Sadly, I grew up with about 14 casts in my house at all times...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Lol you're almost scaring me now. We don't have a cat now, but we did many years ago. There's a lot of cats in this neighborhood. Better than rats anyway.

Tenebrae

Romero;50579 said:
Lol you're almost scaring me now. We don't have a cat now, but we did many years ago. There's a lot of cats in this neighborhood. Better than rats anyway.

No worries,

Right now, the parasite does minimal brain alterations to humans...but when people start walking towards you in masses whilst holding cats and saying "one of ussssss....one of usssss......be.......oneeeee offfffff ussss" then you can worry.

The statistic is that half the world's population is infested with this little bastard...it's annoying because I'm more than sure it's in my think meat.

Speaking of which....want a kitten....*Twitches*

Top Bottom