• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil in Egypt?

Resident James

I just thought it would be cool if a future Resident evil took place in Egypt.

Imagine, shooting Zombies in an Egyptian tomb style environment?
Or on a boat on the Nile? Or amongst the Sahara dunes?

It would be neat.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Hmmm, maybe, I don't think they need to start taking it to every location just for the sake of doing so, but I bet there will be bioterror events there, and you know who will be called in, the BSAA.:)

Levan

Polkka. lol
Great idea, and imagine the t-virus there... Mummies crawling around everywhere. lol

I'd like to see them feature a desert area as well, and enemies just pop out from the ground. That would be sweet. :p

Resident James;45167 said:
I just thought it would be cool if a future Resident evil took place in Egypt.

Imagine, shooting Zombies in an Egyptian tomb style environment?
Or on a boat on the Nile? Or amongst the Sahara dunes?

It would be neat.

You know? That would probably be the s**t. But the down part is, I can already hear the "I hate change" fans whining about how they turned RE into Indiana Jones or whatever insult they'll used to complain about it.

I know I have my fair share of complaining, but im not one to become upset over a few new things. (As long as it's done right and not something retarded.)

But yeah, as long as they gave it a Resident Evil like theme and feel to it, that's not a bad idea. However, I don't think the entire game should take place in the same area. Like RE4 the areas should be divided up into completely different sections as you progress through the game. We would also have to give a reason as to why they're in Egypt.

D

Deleted member 1428

Cuz Umbrella has a secret facility in a pyramid with underground chambers with BOW booby traps and spike ceilings and they're working on their new BOW named TUT which stands for The Ultimate Tyrant!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well there is some imagining here.:) I don't now if it would all work out, but I can almost picture some great music coming in with this too, like I don't know if anyone has played Timesplitters, but the first level is an Egyptian one, and you fight zombies too, and I think using that a inspiration it seems like a cooler idea.:)

I watched my brother play that game a looooooooooong time ago. Wasn't it one of the first lauch games to acompany the PS2's arrival?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;45236 said:
I watched my brother play that game a looooooooooong time ago. Wasn't it one of the first lauch games to acompany the PS2's arrival?

I am not sure, I didn't pay much attention to the PS2, I didn't like Sony too much, I was an N64 guy myself, with my occasional Dreamcast.:)

But if I can ever find a way to, I will try and post the level up on youtube, actually it is probably already on there I am sure, but yeah it looked pretty cool, and the music was really great on that level.:)

Davinfected

Not a bad idea, as I'd like to see RE events taking place in all kinds of places, but I think Egypt would be similar to the Africa settings which have already been used in 5, you know, seering hot villages, crocodile infested waters, ancient ruins, etc...

I would rather see RE return to a more civilised location, or urban environment, rather than more historic places or third-world countries.

Davinfected

Spike991;45218 said:
Well there is some imagining here.:) I don't now if it would all work out, but I can almost picture some great music coming in with this too, like I don't know if anyone has played Timesplitters, but the first level is an Egyptian one, and you fight zombies too, and I think using that a inspiration it seems like a cooler idea.:)

Yeah, I agree it could have some nice music. And there could probably be a lot of superstitious people around thinking the virus outbreak is a curse from an ancient god, or perhaps a biblical plague.
And imagine... Zombie Camels!

Hoady

Davinfected;45507 said:
And imagine... Zombie Camels!

Why hasn't this been done yet?

People will instantly assume CAPCOM is 100% racist because its 'similar' to Africa.How about Australia?I would love to see a new good character that turns out to be some Australian badass, he dresses as a bogan and has a utility belt thats constantly supplied with beer and when he runs out he starts losing his focus.He uses the empty beer bottles as his knifing device.

Lets not get to stereotypically ridiculous with the voice acting though, that is always the major problem when it comes to introducing australians from an international point of view...then again thats probably only happened like 3 times.I wanna kill some aussie zombies!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
013;45204 said:
You know? That would probably be the s**t. But the down part is, I can already hear the "I hate change" fans whining about how they turned RE into Indiana Jones or whatever insult they'll used to complain about it.

But yeah, as long as they gave it a Resident Evil like theme and feel to it, that's not a bad idea. However, I don't think the entire game should take place in the same area. Like RE4 the areas should be divided up into completely different sections as you progress through the game. We would also have to give a reason as to why they're in Egypt.
I think I agree with you, the original posted had a good idea. And change is often a good thing. :)

Rain;45238 said:
Egypt? ...hmm. Sounds too 'The Mummy' for me.
I also thought it sounded a bit "The Mummy", but hopefully Capcom can do better. The Mummy was a bad movie, though it had many fun moments.

Davinfected;45506 said:
Not a bad idea, as I'd like to see RE events taking place in all kinds of places, but I think Egypt would be similar to the Africa settings which have already been used in 5, you know, seering hot villages, crocodile infested waters, ancient ruins, etc...

I would rather see RE return to a more civilised location, or urban environment, rather than more historic places or third-world countries.
I think they can use the Africa setting more than just once. And RE5 did not take place in the pyramids? And find a way to make some mummies fit into the story. (But not borrowing too much from The Mummy.)
Infested camels and crocs sounds good. Some urban environment could be Cairo, it's one of the world's largest cities.
Femme's idea of Hollywood is interesting. :D Not sure how well it would fit in though. Infected movie stars? lol..

Captain Courageous;45529 said:
How about Australia?I would love to see a new good character that turns out to be some Australian badass, he dresses as a bogan and has a utility belt thats constantly supplied with beer and when he runs out he starts losing his focus.He uses the empty beer bottles as his knifing device.
The setting could be there as well. Infected kangaroos, even better than camels. :lol:
That badass you described would be Crododile Dundee haha.

Captain Courageous;45529 said:
Lets not get to stereotypically ridiculous with the voice acting though, that is always the major problem when it comes to introducing australians from an international point of view...then again thats probably only happened like 3 times.I wanna kill some aussie zombies!
Okay, not Crododile Dundee then. :p
What about Tania Zaetta as new character. :D

Trinity;45619 said:
A Paris Hilton zombie..I,myself would enjoy killing her sorry ass.
I must ask the same as 013; why is Paris so much disliked? She's after all blonde and therefore perfect eh? :p

Hoady

Romero;45651 said:
The setting could be there as well. Infected kangaroos, even better than camels. :lol:
That badass you described would be Crododile Dundee haha.

Crocodile Dundee seems the perfect person except i want this guy to drink more beer...he could ride a kangaroo i guess and slay his enemies with the slash of his broken beer bottles(boomerangs are crap).

Okay, not Crododile Dundee then. :p
What about Tania Zaetta as new character. :D
Isn't that the chick who had sex with all those army soldiers and then everyone started having a whinge?For gods sake i don't see why people whinge about such stupid **** these soldiers need a goddamn root.She doesn't even look Australian lol she is kinda egyptian looking come to think of it.

I must ask the same as 013; why is Paris so much disliked? She's after all blonde and therefore perfect eh? :p
Nah Paris is a stupid slut, she gives blondes the bad name y'know.I wouldn't mind breaking her neck and then using her body as spare wood for the bombfire.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Femme's idea of Hollywood is interesting. Not sure how well it would fit in though. Infected movie stars? lol..
Lol, what? :p They're already mindless. I think they'd make fabulous zombies. :lol: Haha

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Captain Courageous;45657 said:
Crocodile Dundee seems the perfect person except i want this guy to drink more beer...he could ride a kangaroo i guess and slay his enemies with the slash of his broken beer bottles(boomerangs are crap).
Haha, riding a kangaroo is maybe possible in a computer game, but I think it's nearly impossible in reality? Would be an uncomfortable and probably short ride...

Isn't that the chick who had sex with all those army soldiers and then everyone started having a whinge?For gods sake i don't see why people whinge about such stupid **** these soldiers need a goddamn root.She doesn't even look Australian lol she is kinda egyptian looking come to think of it.
I never heard about the sex story before. I checked and it turns out to be a false rumour.
I thought she was completely Australian, but I was wrong. Her mother is Australian and her father Italian. She does not look Egyptian at all.
She's a star actress in Bollywood (India), I believe she does some stunting too. Anyway she's looking great and kicking ass.

02348.jpg

Hmmm she would probably not kick Jill's ass. :unsure:
She looked "meaner" on TV lol.

using her body as spare wood for the bombfire.
Bombshell for the bombfire? Haha, nice typo. :p

La Femme Fatale said:
Lol, what? :p They're already mindless. I think they'd make fabulous zombies. :lol: Haha
Haha, I suspected that was what you meant. And you're pretty much right.

Top Bottom