• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 7? *SPOILERS*

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I think there will be more than one campaign again, otherwise people will think capcom would be taking a step backwards
How would that take it a step back? RE has always been about having a strong story. Would you rather have multiple mediocre scenarios, or one main great fulfilling story?

There has to be like 12 campaigns, or maybe like 45 or 26. That's the only way.
Of Jake and Sherry, yes.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
How would that take it a step back? RE has always been about having a strong story. Would you rather have multiple mediocre scenarios, or one main great fulfilling story?

I would rather have one great scenario, but I'm saying Capcom probably won't go back to one scenario again after RE6 because it would be like Capcom admitting they were wrong about having multiple scenarios in one game. At least it would seem that way to some people.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Not only admitting that they were wrong, but I guess every game naturally has to be greater, bigger and better than the previous one in some way, or at least newer. And after four campaigns for RE6, Capcom will have to find a way to top that as well. Let's take a look at the past:

RE2 has twice as many scenarios as RE1, plus the unlockable extra scenarios.
Code Veronica, while not offering much in the way of variation, has by far the longest main story up to that point and is the first to have three playable characters in one campaign, not only two.
RE4 represents the first step of the evolution of RE, the graphics take a huge leap forward and everything else changes as well (whether for the good or the bad is up to the player).
RE5 takes the action-orientated part of RE4's concept up to eleven and offers more playable side stories and extra modes than RE4, it also adds the co-op function and online modes.
RE6 now has four campaigns, seven playable characters for the main game and once again many extra and online modes that offer even more characters. It's also the biggest canon gathering of good old popular main heroes in the history of RE.

(RE3 falls out of the pattern; it has only one character, one story, and one extra scenario, and adds nothing special that the predecessor did not already have.)

So I agree that, if RE7 went back to only one campaign, it would feel like a step back. I wouldn't mind, though, as long as the game is worth playing and not too short, and replay value is also an important point.

RE7 for me absolutely needs to have Claire.

I don't understand why so many people seem to think that Claire being in an outbreak is out of the question just because she works for a peace organization. She wasn't a BSAA or STARS member in RE2 or CV. She's connected to the two men and two women that lead groups to destroy bioterrorism. She would be an easy revenge target for another mad scientist nutjob that is ****ed at someone that's close to her. If your gonna infect a city infect a city that one of your enemie's love one lives in. Not to mention some bio-weapon company who just wants to phuck terrasave over. Claire needs to drop the hippy stuff and go back to being a badass anyway. XD

I love Leon and Chris but they need to sit in a corner and stay quite for a little while. Personally I don't mind them being in many games and movies but I don't like it when people start hating good quality characters just because they're there too much. I think the problem with these two is moderation, give characters like Claire and Jill more story and Chris and Leon will be more acceptable on the side for a little bit.

We know what's going on with Chris and Leon, Chris' story has pretty much been done since RE5. I think the Ada/Leon thing needs to be dumped in a trash and shot into the sun. Claire and Jill need an update.

Some people still seem to want some other side characters back...Barry is old as hell and is about to die. Rebecca is not
a horrible candidate but she's doesn't really get my vote. Same with Billy, although I could see him exchange his jail time (Since he was last seen on the run) for serving the BSAA like some prisoners did with the miltary. They're not my favorates, but I would play a new game with them in it.

I have more to say, but I think i've blabbered enough for one post. XD

Flipqy42

Nevermore
RE7 for me absolutely needs to have Claire.

I don't understand why so many people seem to think that Claire being in an outbreak is out of the question just because she works for a peace organization. She wasn't a BSAA or STARS member in RE2 or CV. She's connected to the two men and two women that lead groups to destroy bioterrorism. She would be an easy revenge target for another mad scientist nutjob that is ****ed at someone that's close to her. If your gonna infect a city infect a city that one of your enemie's love one lives in. Not to mention some bio-weapon company who just wants to phuck terrasave over. Claire needs to drop the hippy stuff and go back to being a badass anyway. XD

I love Leon and Chris but they need to sit in a corner and stay quite for a little while. Personally I don't mind them being in many games and movies but I don't like it when people start hating good quality characters just because they're there too much. I think the problem with these two is moderation, give characters like Claire and Jill more story and Chris and Leon will be more acceptable on the side for a little bit.

We know what's going on with Chris and Leon, Chris' story has pretty much been done since RE5. I think the Ada/Leon thing needs to be dumped in a trash and shot into the sun. Claire and Jill need an update.

Some people still seem to want some other side characters back...Barry is old as hell and is about to die. Rebecca is not
a horrible candidate but she's doesn't really get my vote. Same with Billy, although I could see him exchange his jail time (Since he was last seen on the run) for serving the BSAA like some prisoners did with the miltary. They're not my favorates, but I would play a new game with them in it.

I have more to say, but I think i've blabbered enough for one post. XD

Don't forget that TerraSave goes into areas of Bio-terrorism to bring aid to the people. So Claire could travel into these infected areas knowingly and then get ambushed by B.O.W.s and then revert to her old badass self. Then, when the B.S.A.A. responds, she could team with either Jill or her brother or both.

Kristen00

Claire and Jake should partner up in the next game *cough* Not to mention, it could be a great way to bring Steve back into the story. *cough*
I honestly think they should turn Steve into the new villian, the new 'Wesker' if you would like and we find out that although he appears to be very human, alot of his humanity had been lost after being brought back to life. So we find out that in some sick sort of way, Wesker treated him like a son. Maybe because deep down he felt a small amount of regret in abandoning his own biological kin, which would be a great way to bring both Claire and Jake into the mix.
Claire, because she finds out and is both horrified and determined to prove that there is still good in him (she can pull a Luke Skywalker, haha) and throughout their interactions you will begin to see that Steve does still love her somewhere deep inside - although he will try and fight it - and Jake since he really WAS Albert Weskers son and somehow feels obligated to rectify his fathers mistakes.
Also, maybe there will be a little bit of rivalry between Steve and Jake, the abandoned child and the adopted prodigal son, which could make things a little more interesting. One whos following in Weskers footsteps and the other who is fighting against his own worst instincts. Plus, even though Jake is determind to be nothing like his father, he might still feel bitter about his abandonment and Steve's situation might be like rubbing salt on the wounds. So they might naturally hate each other and become the new Wesker/Chris.

Sorry, this idea just came to me....

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think that's a really good idea. It would be great to have Steve as a villain because he is already an established good character, so even if he was evil, we would still sympathise with him. Whoever the villain for the next game is, they need to stay for more than one game. There were too many one game villains recently, e.g carla and simmons, and I think it would give the series direction if we had another enemy, like Wesker, that doesn't die... at least for a while.

masterfortesque

A villain that kills (directly or indirectly) one of the heroes at the end of the game... mmm

That would build some momentum and bloodlust for RE8

Kristen00

Loki, I totally agree. Resident Evil needs a villain who we can invest some time in. I vote for Steve Burnside!

A villain that kills (directly or indirectly) one of the heroes at the end of the game... mmm

If they made Steve a villain maybe he could bump off Chris, because Chris killed Wesker? Kind of finish off what Jake wanted to do. That might put a big dent in Claires feelings and hope for his salvation though. :( But it'd be interesting to see how everyone would react!

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think Capcom finally understood that RE6 was a big mistake. They admitted it and lowered their sales perspective by 2 million copies. Plus, they decided to adapt Revelations to the main consoles so they could see if the reactions to it are better.
For RE7, in my opinion, Capcom should completely drop Jake, or turn into a villain.
I think there should be 2 campaigns (1 horror/1 action), without coop, and 2 new main characters.
The horror campaign, is about a random girl trying to escape some facility or something like that. She has only a handgun with very little ammo (and very unsteady aim, since she's inexperienced with guns), and has to use environment to her advantage. Enemies almost impossible to kill, so she has to create strategies to run unnoticed, with multiple possibilities so we can play the game our own way, and feel like we are in that situation.
For the action part, we could play as a new BSAA member, with a similar gameplay to RE5/6 and a MGS-like radio support feature, so we could talk to other RE characters (for example, O'Brien commanding the mission, Jill for puzzles hints, Rebecca for medical and biochemistry advice, Barry for gun information, etc.). The character could also cross paths with Chris, who might be leading another team or something...
This second scenario is not what RE needs, but it is a good way to involve older characters in the story, so they can retire definitely and the next chapters have more horror in them (and inexperienced characters).

Reactions: svp

masterfortesque

Story 1:
Chris Redfield learns that his sister Claire has been captured in retaliation to BSAAs actions and that she's been taken to a research facility. Unsure whether it's a just small leftover band of thugs, a surviving bioterrorism cell or a potential successor cult, Chris decides to assemble a strike team: Jill Valentine joins without hesitation, Barry Burton and Rebecca Chambers appear surprisingly wanting to help Chris. In addition a dozen BSAA troopers join the squad. Leon Kennedy has also heard about Claire's disappearance and demands to get on board.

The team heads off to the research complex in a couple of choppers. Facing some light J'avo resistance, the team manages to infiltrate the building. Dividing into smaller units they delve deeper into the suspiciously quiet and omnious complex. Suddenly doors seal up, elevators go crazy, trapdoors collapse and a group of monsters arrive. Half of the strike team is eliminated and the other half are seperated from each other. Claire hears the loud action and under chaos she manages to break out from her cell, starting to sneak around and trying to figure what's going on.

Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca, Leon and a couple of soldiers are still alive, seperated. There is some static, but their radios work alright, most of the time. The members of the squad are exploring around, facing lots of locked doors and an occassional panicking Majini or Ganados guard. As the team pokes around learning that the facility is related to Umbrella, zombies start to roam the corridors......... Rebecca finds a control panel that opens a door for Chris.......... Barry meets Jill and they team up for a moment, but soon a soldier is calling for help and Jill goes to help leaving Barry behind.......... Claire finds a keycard............ Leon solves a computer puzzle............... As the team discovers more and opens up more passages, more dangers appear. They find out that the place is used to contain and experiment on all the past and potential future viruses. Everything starting from dogs to spiders to lickers to regenerators to garradors to reapers to rasklapanjes to plants are contained within the facility, along with new experiments. Quickly the condition of complex goes from bad to worse. Explosions, fires, floods, ripped walls, collapsed roofs, broken elevators, leaking chemicals, exposed electricity, blinking or broken lights all take toll and make things tougher. Fortunately some of the monsters don't like each other either and environment is hazarous to many of them too.

Team keeps exploring and unlocking new paths........... Leon finds an empty cell in the containment area and encounters an Uroboros Mkono...... Rebecca finds samples of viruses in the laboratories and sees Del Lago in an aquarium...... Jill explores the housing block and faces an Executioner...... Chris is trying to get some power back on in generator room....... Barry gets in trouble in testing grounds.............. The team knows they need to look around for Claire, and they're setting up explosives in case they need to blow the place up............ They discover that even high class creatures such as Tyrant, Giant Moth, Nemesis, El Gigante, U8 and Ustanak are located in the facility....... Each hero bumps into one of the monsters and either take them down, escape or lure the monster into trap or to fight another monster.

Leon and Claire finally meet up. As they're exchanging words Steve Burnside is looming over them. He approaches and Claire notices him. The three talk and soon Steve is swinging his tentacle hand at them, pushing Leon and Claire down. As Steve gets ready to finish Leon off, Chris steps in front and fights Steve. Steve gains the upper hand and talks about how he's waited for this chance to pay back for Albert. He fatally wounds Chris right before Jill, Barry and Rebecca manage to interfere. Claire stays with Chris and they exchange final words while the other 4 chase Steve. They take him down and he falls into the ocean. The team returns to Chris. Nothing could be done and they hurry away using only one of the two choppers to escape. The facility is blown up.

Later Steve is shown to revive in the water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story 2:
The more modest mercenary Jake Muller is eliminating B.O.Ws in Middle-East. Ada Wong is observing him and after a while confronts him. They talk and Ada explains she can help him understand his past. Jake isn't in a hurry and wants to eliminate the B.O.W threat first and help repair his father's errors. Ada doesn't let go so easily and assists him. The two move through towns and deserts fighting B.O.Ws. Both being mysterious figures, they are curious about each other.

As things get more and more awry and weary, Jake is questioning whether they can do this after all. He wonders if the status of Earth will just get worse and worse no matter how much they fight. The thought of using a virus pops up. Ada offers a vial convincing that it won't do anything to his mind and that Jake is the best chance against bioterrorism threat there is. Jake relucantly agrees, swearing he won't become like his father. Stronger, they continue their journey and destroy the B.O.W threat in the region. Even in their moment of victory, Jake witnesses the destruction and death with a suspicion that B.O.W threat still isn't over, if it will ever be. Ada reminds Jake of her request and Jake agrees to come along. They head towards a research facility.

Ada and Jake arrive at the complex and proceed to a room. Suddenly a voice in the speakers thanks Ada stating that her payment will be delivered shortly. Jake is asking what the hell is going on and Ada answers she had to get something for her work too. Meanwhile a monitor shows Leon talking with Claire and getting hit before Chris steps in. Both Ada and Jake are looking at the screen in awe, Ada calling "Leon" and Jake calling "Chris".......... During the confusion Jake blames Ada for cheating him and Ada says she's just completing an assignment and has no idea what's going on. The two start to argue and fight. Ada is forced to kill Jake. As Ada sighs and looks at the monitor ready to go help Leon again, Jake is getting up. Before Ada can do anything, Jake shows off his Progenitor-virus powers until he finally kills Ada. A voice congratulates him and welcomes Wesker back. The voice introduces itself as Steve who has now returned the favor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story 3:
A person is at his home sleeping as a couple of choppers fly over the town. A few hours later he wakes up in noises and screams. The person gets up and through the window sees something is wrong. The person goes out to the door and sees eerie destruction: a couple of small fires and corpses along with a swarm of undead. Disbeliefed but remembering the rumors about annihilation of Raccoon City, the person knows that escape is the only option. After a nightmarish night of evading zombies and other dangers on the streets, in the buildings, in the sewers and in the nearby forest, the person is picked up by a lone chopper from a rooftop.

Top Bottom