• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6: What should be in it?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
tremor;65659 said:
Hahahaha...yes, I can remember being chased down the hall by Crimson heads. "Don't run into the wall, don't run into the wall..." :lol:
"Don't run into the wall"? That just sounded so funny. :lol:

weskerfan;65685 said:
but the mummies ARE zombies.
if the setting is in Egypt then it would make sense if you faught mummies while inside the pyramids.
and when you are not in pyramids you fight normal zombies.
Maybe mummies appear similar to zombies but they are totally different from RE zombies. We have a biological explaination for zombies.

La Femme Fatale;65691 said:
-I'd also like more puzzles - something a bit more intellectually challenging than just popping a cap in a majini's skull. I think one of the reasons Dino Crisis remains my favourite game of all time is the fact that you actually have to use your head sometimes (well, providing you don't have the codes infront of you), which I kinda like doing. I like hunting for clues, codes, keys, etc. I might be alone in wanting that, but it was definitely a theme of the original RE game that I wish would find its way into new games.
I agree with this and pretty much all of your other ideas. I do like puzzles too, just not too many or too difficult.

Also a character/enemy similar to Nemesis- only bigger, faster, more gruesome and evil who chases you throughout the game would be fantastic.
This is the only thing I'm not sure if I agree on, a chasing monster is OK but not if it chases me too much. :ermm:

DegenerateElite;65698 said:
lol I like this idea. And Killer locusts!
What is killer locusts? Never heard of it before.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
XD lets tie her up in the woods and cover her with honey!

Fallen91;65706 said:
Hmm.. I like honey!! Have I ever told you about my cannibal grand grand father? xD
How about NO. :p

Besides, the only person I'd allow to tie me up and cover me with honey is Ralph Fiennes and it ain't happening in no woods. :kiss::wub:;):lol:

Romero;65737 said:
This is the only thing I'm not sure if I agree on, a chasing monster is OK but not if it chases me too much. :ermm:
I mean in the manner of RE 3 - not literally chasing your every step. Rather, he just shows up in areas as the story/game dictates.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;65757 said:
How about NO. :p

Besides, the only person I'd allow to tie me up and cover me with honey is Ralph Fiennes and it ain't happening in no woods. :kiss::wub:;):lol:
Aka Lord Voldemort? Wikipedia says he's 47, but maybe he has a cute son for you. :p

I mean in the manner of RE 3 - not literally chasing your every step. Rather, he just shows up in areas as the story/game dictates.
Isn't Nemesis chasing you quite so often? Is sounds so stressful, my heart would need nitro pills. :lol:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Romero;65835 said:

Aka Lord Voldemort? Wikipedia says he's 47, but maybe he has a cute son for you. :p

Eh who cares, he's still ridiculously beautiful. Save for when he's in that creepy Voldemort make-up... I've never been a fan of HP.

Isn't Nemesis chasing you quite so often? Is sounds so stressful, my heart would need nitro pills. :lol:
Well, I don't think he chases you around as often as you think it is. Don't get me wrong, I haven't played the game in a while, but I think you only fight him around seven times or so and you can run away at some points. It's not that bad.

Mr Sunshine

Romero said:
Isn't Nemesis chasing you quite so often? Is sounds so stressful, my heart would need nitro pills.

If you don't kill him whenever he pops up... stick to the pills. He will be chasing you most of the time.

Nemesis makes his appearance 12 times.

Out of these you will have to face him 3 times.

3 times he won't chase you if you run away.

And the rest 6 times he will chase you.

Just offer this buddy some of your magnum or your acid/freeze rounds and you will complete the game like a calm gentleman!

DeSilva

my RE6 Idea:

Capcom Hires someone who understand how to write horror, how to write dialogue, and never intends on bringing Wesker back to life.

I'd like to return to the days of dark atmosphere's, Zombies that turn into Crimson Heads, characters that don't do steriods, aren't super human, Puzzle requires an I.Q. of 5 and above, ammunition was a precious commodity, characters that are fresh and knew to the idea of monsters and being chased and having to fight for their life (maybe Rookie STARS members, but if they come back telling me the main character is ex-French Foriegn Legion or worse, a Marine, I'm not buying the game, learned that lesson from the SH series).

Basically, I want to be terrified again. That hasn't really happened since RE3. I want Capcom to make the most horrifying, character driven, unforgiving game possible. Make a game that I'm going to die in a few dozen times before I finish the first play through. Remember, Capcom, Never Relent.

Jess

so looks like everybody wants a horror & puzzle solving game, so where was this coming from that capcom decided to change the game style in order to cater to "most of the fans"?

Mr Sunshine

Jess;66548 said:
so looks like everybody wants a horror & puzzle solving game, so where was this coming from that capcom decided to change the game style in order to cater to "most of the fans"?

RE 5 has sold over 5 million copies. It has even surpassed RE 2 which comes second with 4.97 millions I think. From RE 2 to the last old-school RE there is a steady decline in sales. Resident Evil Zero and REmake have only sold around 1.3 millions each. This explains a lot I think..

v iBaxter

two detectives arrest a leading terroist in biological weapons but the prison is bursting at the seems so they send him to the asylum which caters for the criminally insane but he smuggled in a virus which turns them into zombies...and the ayslum is in quaratine so they have to find a way to get out through the sewers which can only be accesed by the wardens key which is through the prisons and most of the asylum.

1. its dark have a flashlight in one hand gun in other.
2. over the shoulder zombies are crimson heads and can tackle u to the ground.
3. slower firing pistol and slower running.
4. mercenaries is same as resi 5 but faster moving and firing.
all this = perfect reident evil game.

DeSilva

Jess;66548 said:

If they did what I think they did, they weren't out to please fans, but to appeal and create new fans.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Sun;66663 said:
fUC" TYRANTS,all we really need is zombies....

I doubt zombies are high on the black market list, considering that they are just accidents...they are just something someone might use for chaos, like in the Harvardville airport terminal...

Tyrants were very effective.

DrainDeimos

RE6 should have two characters to choose from. One character, a soldier, would have a scenario that appeals to the fans of the new REs. It would be strongly linear, have a weapon store and enemy item drops. The other character would be a civilian and go through a scenario that appeals to the fans that enjoyed the original games. It would have more exploration, backtracking and puzzles, very little ammo and no weapon store.

The story lines would interlace between the two scenarios much like RE2's game-A/game-B.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't think the "new" RE's(by which I assume you are referring to RE4 & RE5) are that different from the "original" RE's(by which I assume you are referring to the ones with camera angles), not different enough to try and make a statement by having two entirely different game types...

Frankly, I also don't advocate Capcom trying to make something that appeals to just the everyday gamer looking for their shooting fix...I think RE5's gameplay was very satisfying, if the keep it like that a bit longer I will be pleased by that aspect.:)

Dos

I agree that RE6 should 'cut the sunshine' and have dark environs dominating. Something like RE4 in Chapters 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3, in terms of darkness- think of the atmosphere when you return to the centre of the village for the first time once you've got Ashley from the church- that was quite scary.

Personally I've never found the Majini at all scary- the Ganados on the other hand, were on occasion.

Here's a little theory...notice how at the end of RE4, Saddler is never counted as a kill? Well maybe that's not just an error on Capcom's part- maybe he actually survived and will make an explosive return in RE6? ;)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Dos;66906 said:
I agree that RE6 should 'cut the sunshine' and have dark environs dominating. Something like RE4 in Chapters 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3, in terms of darkness- think of the atmosphere when you return to the centre of the village for the first time once you've got Ashley from the church- that was quite scary.

Personally I've never found the Majini at all scary- the Ganados on the other hand, were on occasion.

Here's a little theory...notice how at the end of RE4, Saddler is never counted as a kill? Well maybe that's not just an error on Capcom's part- maybe he actually survived and will make an explosive return in RE6? ;)

Dark environments dominating is something I can't argue with, that would be cool, not that the time of day should matter, it is nice to have both.

I liked in RE4 how you see the village all eery during the day, but when you backtrack through there later on, it is nighttime, and is almost like a different place, not to mention the ganados were hard to see in the dark, what with the storm.:)

Saddler was just a one time thing, I doubt they would bring him back, he didn't have much of a role beyond being the leader of Los Illuminados.

There are many other left-over characters though that could be used. Nicholai, HUNK, this new character introduced in LIN, Alex Wesker(who dissapeared and could very well show up in a future game), not to mention the plot with Sherry.:)

Top Bottom