• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I've got a new complaint. I hate how when you're dashing to get somewhere, and it automatically pulls you into something you can slide across. Yeah, I know I could just "run a little further away from said object", but its still frustrating.

Darkness

Infected
lol you have lots of complaining to do huh?

I have one real complaint. The story was kinda confusing and hard to follow, unlike previous games.

Yes, yes! I totally agree. I think the problem here is that they tried use Quentin Tarantino storytelling structure, with the different characters each telling a part of the story, with a Shyamalan twist to the plot, with the whole Ada clone confusion. Either of these two elements are normally something I like, but when you throw them together in one game sloppily, it just becomes a mess. Even after i beat the whole game and collected all the info in the emblems, I understand the story, yet still think it is waaay too unnecessarily complicated.

Talking about inventory ... I have acid and other type of "ammo" in my inventory, it is supposed to be used with the grenade launcher ?? If so, why am I not able to use them with the empty grenade launcher ?

You have to aim it and press 'Y' (on Xbox), to switch firing modes, which in the case of the grenade launcher, means different types of grenades. You have to put it on acid-rounds-mode to be able to use acid rounds. Same thing with Ada's crossbow bolts.

I've got a new complaint. I hate how when you're dashing to get somewhere, and it automatically pulls you into something you can slide across. Yeah, I know I could just "run a little further away from said object", but its still frustrating.

I feel you 100%. That action movie 'sliding across the table' crap was completely unnecessary, I don't think I ever did it on purpose. It just kind of happens randomly and slightly changes my direction. Then whenever I do consciously want to use it, the object that I want to slide across isn't actually slid able, so I just run into it like an idiot. I just want to find whoever designed this and slap them in the face saying "They all have to be slid able, or none of them can be. You can't just pick and choose what counter-tops I should be able to slide across."

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Talking about inventory ... I have acid and other type of "ammo" in my inventory, it is supposed to be used with the grenade launcher ?? If so, why am I not able to use them with the empty grenade launcher ?
You have to aim and press triangle (or "Y," I guess) to change between ammo types. Being that the NA PS3 copies (at least) didn't come with manuals, I don't know why things weren't explained better or at all.

Darkness

Infected
You have to aim and press triangle (or "Y," I guess) to change between ammo types. Being that the NA PS3 copies (at least) didn't come with manuals, I don't know why things weren't explained better or at all.
Dude wtf I just said that. :cool:

Frenchman

Ok thanks to both of you. It will be triangle for me since I'm on the PS3. I'll try this later ... I'm stuck now with Haos in the closed area with water. I was in such a lack of ammo that I was forced to attack him with the knife. :confused:

Darkness

Infected
Ok thanks to both of you. It will be triangle for me since I'm on the PS3. I'll try this later ... I'm stuck now with Haos in the closed area with water. I was in such a lack of ammo that I was forced to attack him with the knife. :confused:
I was stuck on that part for a while too for the same reason. I remember that ammo and herbs randomly appeared around the map when I was running low... I think it was from those acid-bursting cocoons that Haos sometimes dots the map with. Anyway that part is super super easy if you have a Piers that knows what their doing, when I did that part as Piers, I beat it like 3x as fast as I did when I was Chris with an AI Piers partner.

Frenchman

The lack of ammo is definitely a very bad point in this game. God, I'm in normal mode, what would it be in the hardest mode ?

Yep I'm playing as Chris, but now that I know how I can use the acid, it must be easier, no doubt about that. I thnink even wihtout it I was about to kill Haos (twice I succeeded into stabbing him in his sensitive body part). How many times should I do that to kill him once and for all ?

But please don't tell me what happens to Piers after that, I'm wondering how the hell he is going to get back to a normal life. :D

Darkness

Infected
The lack of ammo is definitely a very bad point in this game. God, I'm in normal mode, what would it be in the hardest mode ?

Yep I'm playing as Chris, but now that I know how I can use the acid, it must be easier, no doubt about that. I thnink even wihtout it I was about to kill Haos (twice I succeeded into stabbing him in his sensitive body part). How many times should I do that to kill him once and for all ?

But please don't tell me what happens to Piers after that, I'm wondering how the hell he is going to get back to a normal life. :D
I had to do it 3 times on vet, so it shouldn't be more than that.

Frenchman

I just hate when Haos grabs us with his tentacles : once I get up after that I try to escape from him, but the camera changes to the opposite direction suddenly and I go back in his direction and he kills me.

And why the hell doesn't Piers (I'm playing with Chris) make Haos' cocoon explode when needed ? I just keep on waiting for Piers to shoot him at the right time, and he rarely does it. And I have nothing in my weapons to make it explode.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I just hate when Haos grabs us with his tentacles : once I get up after that I try to escape from him, but the camera changes to the opposite direction suddenly and I go back in his direction and he kills me.

And why the hell doesn't Piers (I'm playing with Chris) make Haos' cocoon explode when needed ? I just keep on waiting for Piers to shoot him at the right time, and he rarely does it. And I have nothing in my weapons to make it explode.
I might be wrong as I played this part with Piers but you can run up to his cocoon and press a button and it'll attack Haos. I think you can do the same with Chris :) but I may be wrong :)

Darkness

Infected
OVm5i.jpg
Spamma

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
more of a player complaint than game but still while we'r moaning here goes !
I find it very anoying when im hosting a game of mercenaries for randoms to join, i put it on high scores or serious players.
People constantly join, try to tell me how to play then rage quit when their techniques fail.
Anyway people will join say urban chaos where i prefer collecting times first they will shoot combo time straight away then spam 'move in' about 10 times while im collecitng my herbs and timers. if u want to join a game and have a lower score than dont start telling me how to play. i can make more time collecting it first than while killing as i get more 10+ etc this way than rushing round shooting everything and not collecting all my medical supplies. very annoying time with randoms last couple days! another guy joined as Piers and started quick shotting (with his massive sniper) basic zombies right at the start when im trying to counter them. I said 'wait' but no one listens.
I prefered people having to complete the game before playing mercenaries so they had a basic understanding of how to heal etc.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I find it very anoying when im hosting a game of mercenaries for randoms to join, i put it on high scores or serious players.
People constantly join, try to tell me how to play then rage quit when their techniques fail.
Anyway people will join say urban chaos where i prefer collecting times first they will shoot combo time straight away then spam 'move in' about 10 times while im collecitng my herbs and timers. if u want to join a game and have a lower score than dont start telling me how to play. i can make more time collecting it first than while killing as i get more 10+ etc this way than rushing round shooting everything and not collecting all my medical supplies. very annoying time with randoms last couple days! another guy joined as Piers and started quick shotting (with his massive sniper) basic zombies right at the start when im trying to counter them. I said 'wait' but no one listens.
I prefered people having to complete the game before playing mercenaries so they had a basic understanding of how to heal etc.

Haha, i know that feel. When we had a match the other day, i COMPLETELY forgot about reversing for the boss, it's not something i've practiced alot.

I thought it was common sense to get all times/health/grenades etc. from around the map first.

Darkness

Infected
I said 'wait' but no one listens.

That part made me laugh. :rolleyes:

Something that always makes me rage is if me and my partner have that silent agreement of "I get all the time bonuses on this side, you get that side." Then i notice after everything is got, we're a minute or two short, and I find one room that they hadn't stepped in to get the bonus so i'm like "...wow... did you not memorize the layout already? Is this your firs time playing?"

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nice to know someone things the same way I do. Not about the whole user issue and not knowing how to play. Just the "Collect time and healing supplies first" I agree with that strategy 100%

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Nice to know someone things the same way I do. Not about the whole user issue and not knowing how to play. Just the "Collect time and healing supplies first" I agree with that strategy 100%
I know and usually i will help out anyone. i helped a few people get their first decent score. i was just stressed that time after so many people join and then try to tell me how to play. also as i play Chris usually i have to collect all the herbs and spray before the combo kicks off because he doesnt have any. differently if i join someone else's game i try and follow what their doing and i won't spam commands or tell them how to play their own lobby.
I do it this way on every map except one- Steel beast i dont mind killing whilst collecting the time but i think its still better to collect some time first on that one.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
just a thought i will say on Neo's situation, concerning "randoms" joining on a created duos game......the one flaw thing about it is that there is that option that any one can join a "quick match" and the participant wouldn't know if you are playing for "here for events", "serious players only", "for fun" and "high score hi-jinks". as of recently, when i do fire up RE6, and decide to play Mercenaries; i've been doing solo.....for a reason stated above. :rolleyes:

Darkness

Infected
just a thought i will say on Neo's situation, concerning "randoms" joining on a created duos game......the one flaw thing about it is that there is that option that any one can join a "quick match" and the participant wouldn't know if you are playing for "here for events", "serious players only", "for fun" and "high score hi-jinks". as of recently, when i do fire up RE6, and decide to play Mercenaries; i've been doing solo.....for a reason stated above. :rolleyes:
Whenever I click quick match it doesn't put me in a match, rather it gives me a list of all the matches for me to choose, with the objective stated as well, so I'd fully know if someone was playing for fun or for a high score. I thought it was like this for everybody. Custom match gives me a list of only the objectives or maps I want.

Luna113304

[Insert custom title here]
One of my main complaints is that Leon has been in two games with decent graphics now and still he has not taken off his shirt. I mean come on capcom, Jake is in it for one game and already he gets that scene and Wesker got that scene as well. I just want to see Leon without it as well. Or as least a tighter fitting shirt, throw us a bone.

I think one of my other main complaints is starting Leon's story from the beginning. I suppose they assumed you'd start as him and want the slow *** tutorial they force on you but the game has the record of you beating his campaign and everyone else's so why can't I just bypass that? I've quit Leon's story so many times as I had to walk at a snail's pace or wait for that idiot father to walk down the hall...and why in the heck is he in front anyways. As far as I can tell, he has no training as the agents behind him do. Also, still on Leon's story, why do they watch the screen of the guys about to be devoured and then after they're clearly dying, Leon decides he must heroically save them? He's seen this happen before and knows one bite is all you need. In all honesty, though possibly it would make no sense, I would have loved to see Jill paired with Leon instead of Agent Harper, I don't like her, she's stupid; people complain about Sheva all the time as a weak character but at least she didn't almost get everyone killed because she tried to defend her sister who had already been constantly trying to kill her. Helena doesn't get any better, she's still annoying and I find her to be a terrible addition to the game. Plus her lips look funny. Just a side note. Seriously though, we've seen Chris and Jill paired up now and Claire paired up with Leon, mind if we have some other personalities of loved characters put together. How would that part have gone with Chris and Leon fighting when Jill showed up having Leon's back?

On to Chris' campaign. The end of it, well the almost end when he tells Jake he killed his father and he's like, you deserve to kill me. Couple things there. If Chris had been ended right there, his mission would have failed which is why they had Jake say blah blah, mission more important but why was he so mad. I've read people say because he took away his chance to get to know Wesker but Jake wasn't a child during Wesker's death and madness, nope, his father chose to ignore him so who cares about him, good riddance as far as horrible father's go ya know. Also, when running up stairs with Chris or Piers I always found the camera view switched to something so awful I had to stop and consider what had just happened. And the part near the end where he and Piers are running upward away from the weird Mass Effect giant skeleton thing...I don't know its name, sorry...but I had that problem where Chris decided he wanted to be a kitten and slowly crawl underneath the stupid stuff in the way. After a moment of realizing I was simply doing it too soon I mastered that with ease which fell to my boyfriend who was playing as Piers to do the same thing, a couple of deaths later because Piers apparently wouldn't work correctly we switched controllers and I found out he was correct. Piers is horrible to control; at this point I've played with everyone and he is the only person who handles like he's wearing weights on his ankles. He enjoys running into walls and not doing what you're telling him to do...maddening I know.

Complaints on Ada's campaign go as follows..you can hear your pants when she's walking, I realize Capcom was like, we have one woman in this game who is supposed to be sexy or whatever (maybe it's because I'm strictly a guy kinda girl I didn't find her attractive) but why is she wearing that. And I'm not talking about wearing some evening gown to a GLOBAL DISASTER. I'm talking about putting on something that makes sense, like some cargo pants that hold stuff, boots you can actually run in and a shirt that just might prevent a bullet from piercing your bare flesh. Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to go into a dangerous situation not looking like I'm part of a host club. Aside from her silly outfit, why in the world won't she just tell Leon what's going on. They could actually help each other, you'd think after RE4 and getting captured and strung up on a pole she might have learned a thing or two but nope. No, you know what, Ada's outfit still bothers me because it just doesn't make any sense. Those pants are so tight they'd be riding up her you know where making everything she is doing so much more of a pain. Okay, officially done and moving onto the last campaign.

Jake and Sherry's campaign was amazing. That's it...not really. It was okay, a few parts that sucked were the silly airplane thing where apparently this huge buff guy can jump super high despite his massive weight. That's cool about him chasing you like Nemesis (though he will forever remain a bad*** super villian, nothing will ever be as scary as trying to explore a room, knowing he could crash in at any moment and just as you're heading back to the door to leave the room, here he comes). My only other complaint about this story was when they got separated in the facility to be experimented on. I know lots of people hate the partner system though many enjoy it, I'm part of the liking it club. Zero blew my mind when I had Billy with me, knowing he'd shoot a zombie I hadn't seen gave me so much comfort. I'm a fan of horror stuff if I have a partner. I haven't been able to beat RE4 because the regenerators terrify me so much, they're freaky and I end up turning off the xbox before I can even kill one. With a partner, I can now run into a room knowing if something is in there, I can back out and my partner will help me kill it. So the parts where they had to go separate ways to find each other was annoying to me, what I ended up doing was waiting in the room until Jake cleared out the guys in the halls for me then I ran, having him watch my back, the part with the weird regenerator type monsters had my heart pounding. Those things are soooo freaky, I could barely beat that part in Chris and Piers' chapter when you had to collect the keys.

I'm just a partner kind of gal, which is probably why I love L4D so much but rant over. :D Things I love, things I hate...but I mean come on, don't you guys think it's time for Leon to have his nude chest displayed for all his fan girls (and boys) to sigh over....then record and replay?

One more thing, wtf is up with these odd hold on with the left trigger than hold with the right sequence...why is that here.

Darkness

Infected
I realize Capcom was like, we have one woman in this game who is supposed to be sexy or whatever (maybe it's because I'm strictly a guy kinda girl I didn't find her attractive) but why is she wearing that. And I'm not talking about wearing some evening gown to a GLOBAL DISASTER. I'm talking about putting on something that makes sense, like some cargo pants that hold stuff, boots you can actually run in and a shirt that just might prevent a bullet from piercing your bare flesh. Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to go into a dangerous situation not looking like I'm part of a host club.
No, you know what, Ada's outfit still bothers me because it just doesn't make any sense. Those pants are so tight they'd be riding up her you know where making everything she is doing so much more of a pain.
One of my main complaints is that Leon has been in two games with decent graphics now and still he has not taken off his shirt. I mean come on capcom ... Or as least a tighter fitting shirt, throw us a bone.

Tell me again how Ada should wear a shirt that might prevent a bullet from piercing bare flesh and Leon should wear no shirt at all. :cool:

Top Bottom