• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 5 dissapointments

weskersbarber

JordanFreeman;67285 said:
RE5 to me was disapointing because it just wasn't scary in any way. Other than that it was great though.

RE4 will remain the scariest Resident Evil game to me. REGENERATORS. DEAR GOD I HATE THOSE THINGS.

you must not have played the first resident evils then.much scarier than re4

JordanFreeman

weskersbarber;67303 said:

Erm, actually no, I have played the original Resident Evils quite a bit (at least 3 through times each). They just didn't scare me, and I've been playing them since I was a child.

In fact, I tend to find that each RE game only has 1 enemy that scares me:
RE1/REMAKE: Chimera
RE2: Tyrant (God damn, when he bursts through that wall... TWICE.)
RE3: Nemesis
RE4: Regenerators
RECV: Bandersnatchers
RE5: Nothing :(

if i want a good scare, I tend to play Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. Much scaryer than the Resi series IMO.

We Are Ninja

JordanFreeman;67320 said:
...RE5: Nothing :(

Really? The first Reaper encounter made me scream like a girl.

Silent Hill and Fatal Frame are WAY too scary for me. If that makes me a chicken, then so be it... :blink:

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
weskersbarber;67303 said:

Which ones qualify as "first resident evils"?

I don't think RE4 was anymore or less scary. The first time I played and I Barricaded myself inside a house, while all of the ganados were banging on the door trying to break in, that was pretty frightening the first time. Just to throw one moment out there that most have probably forgotten.

weskersbarber

Spike991;67359 said:
Which ones qualify as "first resident evils"?

I don't think RE4 was anymore or less scary. The first time I played and I Barricaded myself inside a house, while all of the ganados were banging on the door trying to break in, that was pretty frightening the first time. Just to throw one moment out there that most have probably forgotten.

i did think re4 was scary but i think and most people would agree that re1,2,3 and even code veronica were scarier than re4.but its still a scary game dont get me wrong

weskersbarber

agreed.does anyone else think that re5 is the least scariest game in the series.its still a brillant game of course but not that scary imo

T-Virus Injected

It wasn't Scary to me at all. There was nothing really that jumped out and scared you really. At least not like the other REs.

We Are Ninja

It wasn't scary or creepy, it was more unsettling. The older games were more "I'm skulking in the shadows... Boo." RE5 is more "OMG, run for your lives."

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Virus Injected;67370 said:
It wasn't Scary to me at all. There was nothing really that jumped out and scared you really. At least not like the other REs.

Jumped? Like Reapers, or seeing an Executioner swinging his axe, those are jumpy moments...

Sure there aren't as many ways for me to defend it as I might RE4, but RE5 had it's moments too.

SamuraiEdge

I jumped a few times in LIN, didnt jump once in Re5 though. The only Resident Evil game to ever scare me was Remake. All the other games made me panic abit when in a tough spot but I was never scared.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I had to watch my friend complete the REmake before I even played it lol.. I was a right ***** when I was younger lol.... I remmember doing the shark parts lol my friend had a fear of sharks so he got me to do those parts haha That was my first ever Resi game though so it was a awesome experience back-seat gaming to the REmake.

I got that game as soon as it was out though... I saw the graphics and thought Omg this game looks Epic. Then my mate said he had played it on Ps1, this was back in my school days haha.

Thats the only time Ive been scared of Resident Evil, RE5 didnt really have the same gameplay so It would never be as scary as the first games

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't think the gameplay alone would affect whether the game had any scares or not...

RE5 kept you on your toes with intense enemies, plus the music and all also affected it.:)

gawyn

It is NOT a big disapointment for me. In total I think the game is very good.
Although, the pace can be a problem. As in most action games of today there is no slow periods. I always find that if a game has a high variation of pace it often creates a better mode and storytelling.

RE5 could have benefitted from slowing down pace a few times for some investigation time, problem solving etc.
But all in all, I like it!

re5fanatic

the only thing that was a drawback to me is you cant move while you shoot. they said at e3 back in last year they were working on to that but there was no results. its stupid how you have to stand and sometimes get whacked by a majini. You don't see us just stand in real life all the time and shoot lol.

We Are Ninja

^ I thought that initially, but if you could run and shoot, your accuracy would be abyssmal with anything other than a shotgun... That be especially detrimental in a game that relies so heavily on precision aiming and shot placement.

v iBaxter

re5fanatic;68682 said:
the only thing that was a drawback to me is you cant move while you shoot. they said at e3 back in last year they were working on to that but there was no results. its stupid how you have to stand and sometimes get whacked by a majini. You don't see us just stand in real life all the time and shoot lol.
please dont go there if you could move and shoot it would be to easy. go play gears of war if you want to move and shoot in 3rd person or uncharted

Iced Digger

v iBaxter;68779 said:
please dont go there if you could move and shoot it would be to easy. go play gears of war if you want to move and shoot in 3rd person or uncharted

You know whats funny? I've actually seen reviews with people giving RE5 bad scores just because you can't run and shoot. Retarded. I just wanna punch people when they complain about that. Not that I want to punch anyone on this forum.:lol:

Jerald

v iBaxter;68779 said:

Thank you! I am sick of the "I want to move and shoot". I almost feel like capcom setup the engine to intentionally filter out those people.

Let me say this...if you want this game to move faster, then you are playing the wrong game/genre. Please do not ask for this in future releases, as you are ruining it for the hard-cores.

Jerald

My disappointments are as follows. Just to clear the air, I am not hating on the game, I actually loved the game. But sticking to some basics could have made this game sooo much better.

• Co-op - While I love the idea, I don't want the game to suffer due to the mechanic. Almost everything I mention here is due to adding co-op into the game. I think that say's something doesn't it? If you really want to cater to both groups (hard-core and casual fans), then create a lengthy single-player campaign (15-20 hours), and also a side-mission that can be done co-op (think LIN but 8-10 hours in length).
  • Save Rooms - Not including save rooms in RE5 was probably the biggest disappointment. I am guessing most of the people on this forum can tell you where every single save room was in most of the RE games. Why? Because they were so memorable and broke the sense of despair with a sense of relief. A lot of this was due to the special "save" music that accompanied these rooms. That entire feel and atmosphere was missing from RE5.
  • Weapon load-out screens - Really capcom? This replaced the save rooms, item boxes, merchants? This isn't Gears or CoD. Load-out screens need to go IMHO.
  • Horrible Inventory - This goes hand-in-hand with the load-out screens that I listed above. The new inventory system is horrible. Could the "classic" system use some updates? Sure, but the classic inventory system was way better then the RE5 system.

I could go on and on with other things, but I don't want to nit-pick. Like I said at the top, in the end I enjoyed the game, but it could have been so much more. I feel like Takeuchi placed an emphasis on multi-player, which is honestly not what we want. We don't want a game to compete with Gears or CoD. I ultimately feel like the game was "dumbed down" to accommodate a wider player base. I am sure this allowed them to see good sales numbers (which is what this is all about anyways), but if you create an amazing game you can still realize your sales goals (read RE4) without needing to "branch out" to a new player base.

RE6 will need to make some significant changes, but not in the normal forward-thinking way. RE6 needs to revert back to the series roots, and back to the things that made the series successful.

Sorry for the wall of text...you can imagine that I am somewhat passionate about this subject, as I am sure most of you are as well.

Top Bottom