• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 5 dissapointments

anthony montagna

im new to this forum,but not to resident evil games.ive been playing re games since 1996.at first i loved resident evil,directors cut,then re 2, then3,and so on,but as time went on as with everything they became outdated,then i played 3 re games that i think are the best out of all,here is my rank,re 4 gamecube edition is #1,re original remake for gamecube is #2,and re 0 for gamecube is last but not least.now i know this is a re 5 forum and my title is re 5 dissapointments,so here are my complaints.co-op,co-op has no place in re games unless its an option for online only,re is meant for the player to feal desperation,isolation,faint hope,terror,acomplishment,and confusion.im sorry for those who disagree but i felt none of those in re 5.having a partner on my side felt like i was never really in real danger,the daytime setting blew the atmosphere for me,i much rather have dark settings like re is suposed to be.the fast action wouldnt bother me so much if i could run and shoot,you couldnt run and shoot in the 3 games i mentioned above but those games didnt have as much action as re 5,re 4 was close but it was right on the fence with controls and action,it worked perfect for the game thats why re 4 is my favorite game of all time.whats with the baddies near the end of re 5 clutching machine guns and running for cover,give me a break,thats fine for a game like gears or cod 4 because it fits the game.what im trying to say is re is a survival horror game i mean for gods sake it basicly invented the genre.i hope enough of us consumers,the people who matter voice or opinions and concern so re 6 is NOT a carbon copy of re 5 with new characters and settings.lets hope they bring back the old school mixed with the new school to make a re game to end all re games.i waited all those years for re 5 and the only real thing i was impressed with were the graphics,physics,and lighting effects,but what about the game.

jw1322

i felt it was a pretty good game. it most definitely came up short in the horror department, but then again capcom is trying to keep up with games like gears and cod 4 and i thought they did a decent job of still maintaining a sort of macabre feel while keeping the action level high. Hopefully they'll be able to add more horror elements in 6, given that its supposed to be a "reboot" of the series. as an old school fan myself i can understand your complaints, but i thought they did a pretty good job. personally i'd like to see 6 go a little more they way of re3, where things were kind of slow and unsettling and then nemesis would hit you and things would get crazy. i think they way re5 plays could definitely make something like that exciting

Sondre_norge

I agree with JW1322, a nice job. Amazing graphic on PC (not sure about PS3 or Xbox360.)

In RE6 i hope for settings earlier, maybe pre-mansion time periode. Ohh and more puzzels, and a bit more horror. ( i jump to the roof if i get scared.)

But a boss like Nemesiss wouldent be too bad, or other Tyrants. Im a real fan of those creatures.

We Are Ninja

I thought RE5 was amazing. I played through the first two games YEARS ago, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the series. I never played RE3 or anything after. I bought RE4, but couldn't get into it...

I was never a fan of "survival horror". I didn't hate it, but I'm not a huge fan of constant fear while gaming. F.E.A.R, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc. I'll pass.

RE5 was perfect. It was creepy and it had it's moments, but it was fun and scary in a different, more modern sort of way.

Kellyrose

I agree that it just wasn't that scary. I never felt that feeling of desperation or fear that I felt in the first 3. It might have been because of the 2-player aspect, but they could have still pulled off horror with two people easily. Also, unless you deliberately gimp yourself, the game just isn't that hard, even on professional.

Thats not to say that it wasnt great, I still enjoyed playing it very much.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i love it, yet with the lack of Gore and Scares, it felt more of an action game, it was also pretty short, i also wish there was more content on the original release including Free Versus and the New DLC already on it, Capcom is just doing a thing that the Koei does with it's Dynasty Warriors Series, Release another game that is the same but with new content/ story modes

Xcessive_Evil

As with all the REs, except Survivor, I thoroughly enjoyed 5. The only thing that really did bother me was they didn't have Chris play the martyr.

For me, that would have been the perfect way to end this chapter as they put it.

We Are Ninja

Xcessive_Evil;61718 said:
As with all the REs, except Survivor, I thoroughly enjoyed 5. The only thing that really did bother me was they didn't have Chris play the martyr.

For me, that would have been the perfect way to end this chapter as they put it.

Very interesting idea. That would have added substantial impact to RE5 and the Resident Evil canon in general.

But, people are complaining incessantly about the lack of "old school scares" in the game. Had Capcom killed off Chris, there'd be an angry mob trying to burn down their headquarters...

v iBaxter

no, never make it a run and shoot, i hate it when people try and change aa game into something popular if u want it to be like gears of war go play gears, if u want it like cod go play cod.:sleep:
But im just begging that they will make it old school again, its so awesome !

FYI: not directing this at any 1.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
There was definately somewhat less gore, the horror was just fine. They could have added a couple of cheap little scares(something popping out), and I can say that if you are playing professional mode(in which any single attack will pretty much kill you), there was a part right after you kill the first Uroboros creature, and you are going through the area stacked with freight containers, kind of like a maze, and when a Majini pops out and immediately hits you with a wrench, it has that cheap-scare quality...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I have to say i was quite annoyed with professional mode.
when you hear the name professional, you think to yourself "right, i know this is going to be hard, and i'm going to have to put in the hours, but i might eventually get through it"....however i have just received my war hero achievement for completing it on professional, and i've got to say 70 gamer points for that seems abit much, because i found it to be all too easy.
Now i know what i've put so far maybe might make me sound ****y and big headed, but its the truth, i'm sure i'm not alone when i say professional could have been a whole lot harder, and make it more of a challenge.
when i started playing it, i was dreading how some chapters were going to be super hard, but turned out to be a cake walk.
i don't usually moan this much about a single aspect like that, i just feel let a tad let down.
the fact that you can die from like 1 hit doesn't really make much of a difference considering its incredibly easy to avoid being hit, as not many of the RE5 enemies pose that much of a threat.
even the boss battles weren't overly hard.
i also think the RPG is dished out to easy,, 5 hours or less to beat the game and your rewarded with a one hit wonder....maybe complete it in record time and receive the rpg, so you have actually shown your worth it. because once you have that the game feels pointless which is why i avoid such a weapon.
anyway moan over, overall the game is nice, plays well and has a good story.
=)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It is nice to see someone else that has felt the same pain.:)

I don't think you are bigheaded for saying you would do better on Pro by yourself, because I think the same thing. In fact, the parts that should have been the most enjoyable, the part with Wesker & Jill, was interupted by Sheva, and Pro mode was even worse. I think I had around 170 or so deaths on that chapter, most if not all were from that ending fight...

The same story for when you have to use PG67AW to inject Wesker. What screwed me up was Sheva continuing to shoot him. It wasn't enough that she would keep dying, but she would also interupt my methods...

So eventually I just took all of her weapons away, minus a FA Spray or two, and was able to handle it much easier, but she still got in the way.:(

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
ahhh sheva is a pain in the ass, they should improve her tactics when you play pro, its like being a babysitter trying to keep her alive. another achievement related annoyance i face is, how there dished out, 70 for playing pro, not hard at all, however only 30 for finding all the treasure and emblems. the latter is so much harder and i feel we deserve a bigger reward.

Dimera

I might as well say that the next one should be EXACTLY like resident evil 4. It had an incredible plot which lasted a long time, and then a load of extras making the game last hours longer. It was terrifying my first and second rounds. and im still scared when i meet the regenerators as i play the game for th 24th time...

i dont think there should be a run and shoot feature in the next one, that would be too much like the new mainstream games such as COD. the idea of re is that you stand still clearing the way as they come closer towards you, and with no partner behind you to back you up you have no hope....but it just wasnt there in resident evil 5.

and WHY did they have guns towards the end!? thats too far for an "intelligent zombie" race, especially when they were ducking and you were ducking behind cover..WAY too much like Gears. its cus they wanted to bring in a larger audience, which makes sense because Capcom's a business, but if they wanted to do that, they should have made a new series, not call it Resident Evil.

Wesker1987

To be brutally honest, the whole game was a disappointment to me. I never played the game through myself, so you could argue I never would have experienced it fully in regards to the atmosphere etc. But I did watch my brother work his way through it and it just didn't seem like an RE game to me. I'm obviously a big fan of the franchise, being here shows that.
But I think it has came too far.
Old School RE FTW.

We Are Ninja

Wesker1987;62152 said:
I never played the game through myself, so you could argue I never would have experienced it fully in regards to the atmosphere etc. But I did watch my brother work his way through it...

You did yourself a huge disservice, my friend. There were fewer scares, this time around, but more genuine tension this time around.

Fully upgraded Baretta - $80,000

Your last can of health spray (that you used 15 minutes ago which, subsequently, is the only reason you still have a sliver of life left...) - $1000

Using your last bullet to kill the last majini in a narrow hallway with a headshot... - Priceless

...Only to have it turn into a cephalo and begin bearing down on you - A string of profanity and several ounces of bodily fluid...

Good times, especially on your first playthrough.

Sexta_PT

The game wasnt scary at all.
I played RE3 before buying RE5 so i tought it would be scary like the RE3 but with better graphics.
I dont liked the ndesu boss because it looked like the trolls from The Lord of Rings, and when i was playing in the Temple, if felt like i was playing tomb rider.
I always laugh wen i heard some majini laughing.
It have less puzzles than the previous RE and its imposible to get lost in the one way path.
They have alot to improve in RE 6. Removing the majini or the ganado should be good because they are not scary at all.

Heavern

My biggest disappointment with RE5 was how almost all of the baddies were based off of a trigger. It took away a bit of the tactics and strategy. I couldn't tell you how disappointed I was when I would scope out an area with a sniper rifle, having it be clear, and then having guys come out from nowhere when my characters passed by a certain point.

I prefer to tactically snipe who I can, and then have them come run at me in hordes.

Top Bottom