• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 5 dissapointments

re5fanatic

v iBaxter;68779 said:
please dont go there if you could move and shoot it would be to easy. go play gears of war if you want to move and shoot in 3rd person or uncharted

still its bs

re5fanatic

We Are Ninja;68769 said:
^ I thought that initially, but if you could run and shoot, your accuracy would be abyssmal with anything other than a shotgun... That be especially detrimental in a game that relies so heavily on precision aiming and shot placement.

yea but not everyones always after precision ever since i got everything unlocked idc anymore about accuracy as much just saying

teal27

I'm obsessed with head shots. I get cranky at myself if I can't score them consistently, ha ha, I don't know why. A kill is a kill but I'm weird like that. Even once I get infinite ammo.

With that in mind, I don't mind the lack of "run and gun" in RE5. In real life, the most movement even soldiers seem comfortably able to maintain while still hitting their targets is a steady walk. If real-life people are running and gunning, they are probably just offering cover-fire and not really hitting much. This is my guess, anyway. And it seems like RE5 (and apparently, past Resi games) tried to keep it realistic in this area by having the characters need to stop in order to score a decent shot. This also makes it more challenging, as running and gunning would mow down your enemies much faster and require less strategy.

We Are Ninja

echoey;68867 said:
Everyone gets trigger happy with inf ammo lol =)

Feathering the right-trigger with the M93R allows you to fire faster than the machine guns indefinitely. With infinite ammo I put hundreds of holes in everything just because. Animals, jars, bottles, walls, manjini...

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I think that if they spent more time making it scary instead of ripping off RE4, they would've made a better game.

Zero Punctuation (Yahtzee) couldn't have put it better when he did his RE5 review.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Wow you guys awe me. You think the game is Sh*t and not scary. Take the Infi ammo off, take the Hydra out of your inventory, and play either the Level with reapers, lickers, or the one with the lantern and no GPS (and don't use the lantern to see by. You guys are basing the game off of scariness but your fully stocked on all the guns and all the extra's, try playing it Hardcore style.

AND
Sheva is not A crappy character, just because you guys are used to having chris and Jill togehter, but you need to think about the storyline, they're in Africa, who the hell does Chris or the BSAA know in Africa? They need to bring more characters in since so many are dying off. And, maybe the reason you don't perfer to play as Sheva, are you right handed? Because she is Left handed (hence making it awesome for left handed players like me.) I actualy love Sheva, I played as Chris A couple times, but I always perfered Sheva or Roid-raged Chris, He takes up too much of the screen, and is slower than Sheva.

weskersbarber

prototype you are 100 percent right. im an old school re fan who loves jill but sheva was perfect for re5 if it was just some random american they would never have survived

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Im dissapointed that you cant Melee attack the majini after they grab you.. because it looks like your gonna hit em sometimes after they grab you.

We Are Ninja

ProtoTypeRaavyn;68950 said:
Wow you guys awe me. You think the game is Sh*t and not scary. Take the Infi ammo off, take the Hydra out of your inventory, and play either the Level with reapers, lickers, or the one with the lantern and no GPS (and don't use the lantern to see by. You guys are basing the game off of scariness but your fully stocked on all the guns and all the extra's, try playing it Hardcore style.

AND
Sheva is not A crappy character, just because you guys are used to having chris and Jill togehter, but you need to think about the storyline, they're in Africa, who the hell does Chris or the BSAA know in Africa? They need to bring more characters in since so many are dying off. And, maybe the reason you don't perfer to play as Sheva, are you right handed? Because she is Left handed (hence making it awesome for left handed players like me.) I actualy love Sheva, I played as Chris A couple times, but I always perfered Sheva or Roid-raged Chris, He takes up too much of the screen, and is slower than Sheva.

OrsonWellesClap.gif

Iced Digger

ProtoTypeRaavyn;68950 said:

AND

Agreed. I think Sheva is an excellent character as well.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
teal27;68908 said:
I'm obsessed with head shots. I get cranky at myself if I can't score them consistently, ha ha, I don't know why. A kill is a kill but I'm weird like that. Even once I get infinite ammo.

With that in mind, I don't mind the lack of "run and gun" in RE5. In real life, the most movement even soldiers seem comfortably able to maintain while still hitting their targets is a steady walk. If real-life people are running and gunning, they are probably just offering cover-fire and not really hitting much. This is my guess, anyway. And it seems like RE5 (and apparently, past Resi games) tried to keep it realistic in this area by having the characters need to stop in order to score a decent shot. This also makes it more challenging, as running and gunning would mow down your enemies much faster and require less strategy.

Yeah, I like those headshots too, and they are fairly easy to get if you are using Jill(BSAA).

Speaking of aiming while walking steadily, in Outbreak File#2, that is exactly the way it worked, you could walk and aim and fire, and you had to hold on to like 3 or 4 buttons to do so, so it felt as comfortable as it would in reality, not very.:)

If Capcom put that into the next RE game, I wouldn't mind it, just as an option, but I am more than perfectly content with it staying the way it is, and I definately don't think that RE5's lack of the "run & gun" is a valid complaint.

@ProtoTypeRaavyn, I don't think Sheva is a "crappy" character, but I am not a fan of her. Sometimes when I play RE5 I think she is alright, but other times I hate her. I think it is obvious why she has a leading role, which is very undeserved, much like her dialogue in the game.

Her role should have been smaller, thus allowing us to get to know her, like every other side-kick character in the series. It seems like Capcom tried to force us to bond with her, and I just didn't.

On the good side, she had a good voice actress, she was easy on the eyes(if not innaccurate), and overall, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing her again at some point.

We Are Ninja

Series vets are complain incessantly about the game being a "run and gun" action game (despite the fact that you can't actually run and gun...) as opposed to good old fashioned survival horror. If you COULD actually run and gun, the RE5 dissenter's heads would explode.

Wesker_xSTARSx

anthony montagna;60490 said:
im new to this forum,but not to resident evil games.ive been playing re games since 1996.at first i loved resident evil,directors cut,then re 2, then3,and so on,but as time went on as with everything they became outdated,then i played 3 re games that i think are the best out of all,here is my rank,re 4 gamecube edition is #1,re original remake for gamecube is #2,and re 0 for gamecube is last but not least.now i know this is a re 5 forum and my title is re 5 dissapointments,so here are my complaints.co-op,co-op has no place in re games unless its an option for online only,re is meant for the player to feal desperation,isolation,faint hope,terror,acomplishment,and confusion.im sorry for those who disagree but i felt none of those in re 5.having a partner on my side felt like i was never really in real danger,the daytime setting blew the atmosphere for me,i much rather have dark settings like re is suposed to be.the fast action wouldnt bother me so much if i could run and shoot,you couldnt run and shoot in the 3 games i mentioned above but those games didnt have as much action as re 5,re 4 was close but it was right on the fence with controls and action,it worked perfect for the game thats why re 4 is my favorite game of all time.whats with the baddies near the end of re 5 clutching machine guns and running for cover,give me a break,thats fine for a game like gears or cod 4 because it fits the game.what im trying to say is re is a survival horror game i mean for gods sake it basicly invented the genre.i hope enough of us consumers,the people who matter voice or opinions and concern so re 6 is NOT a carbon copy of re 5 with new characters and settings.lets hope they bring back the old school mixed with the new school to make a re game to end all re games.i waited all those years for re 5 and the only real thing i was impressed with were the graphics,physics,and lighting effects,but what about the game.

So, let met get this straight... Instead of playing new games with new ideas, you'd rather play new games with the same crap in them all? I personally like the differences. This isn't a mansion. This isn't an outbreak-ravaged city at night. This is a wasteland of a 3rd world country. And you think the GC RE games are the best? You're no RE fan. True, some might say RE4 is the best with good reason... but all three GC games ranking the top three? I think not. I personally think you're a Nintendo GC fanboy. As for RE5, I thought being in a completely new and unknown place left me with a sense of lost. Not knowing where you were with EVERYONE being a potential hostile enemy... Seeing the progression of the Las Plagas was amazing as you went through the game. Getting different and more deadly enemies sprouting from enemies that you should have killed.

And as for it being in the daytime... I liked that it was different from the dark and spooky aspect of previous games. It gave us a more gritty and disgusting feel to everything. And that only lasted for what, half of the game? It really made me feel like tame had passed over a scaling ammount of events that occured. And more so, you want to run and shoot? Sh*t kid, you're NO Resident Evil fan. Why don't you go play MW2 with all the other 12 year olds? The whole point is to act like a soldier/officer. They never run and shoot. It's basic tactics, take steady aim, shoot with with as much precision as one can. That's what makes RE so different. Most people who run and shoot irl don't hit sh*t. However, cops always stop and aim for that precise shot. Now, back to the real issue...

Resident Evil 5 was made to be a glorious struggle for two partners to make their way to save the world. The addition to Sheva Alomar was f*ckin' fantastic. I love the character, though not more than Jill due to the experiences I went through with her. Having Sheva next to me made me feel like she was always ment to be there. Especially after having to lug around the big-titty-baby Ashley Graham everywhere. I loved having Sheva helping me all along the way, watching out for her as we survived hordes, monsters, traps, and an undead army of parasite-controlled soldiers. It was comforting to have a helping hand when all hope was seemingly lost only to be replaced with despair in the face of monstrocities. You seem to despise everything good about RE5.

Infact, I KNOW you never started playing the RE games when they first came out. I'm betting that you started playing RE games on the GC and just got the previous games to try out, if you've even played them at all. Any of the first three RE games will always be in true RE fan's top three list. Always. And instead of appeciating new ideas, you instead want future games to be GC games with new characters. True RE fans would have point out disappoints like "nNo longer being able to hold items in a side inventory to combine with current items", "not being able to upgrade the number of item slots", "not having a Samurai Edge unlocked in story mode", or even "the lack of a reoccuring overwhelming enemy". But, no... you cry about where it takes place. I hate to break it to you buddy, but every horror that lies ahead of us won't always be in the dark.

Top Bottom