• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident evil 4 sucks..

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Could you remind me, what was Umbrella's fate in RE4? Krauser was there on behalf of Umbrella?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Could you remind me, what was Umbrella's fate in RE4? Krauser was there on behalf of Umbrella?
Umbrella was finished by the beginning of RE4. Leon explains it in his opening dialogue:

1998...I'll never forget it. It was the year when those grisly murders occured in the Arklay Mountains. Soon after, the news was out to the whole world revealing that it was the fault of a secret viral experiment conducted by the international pharmaceutical enterprise, Umbrella. The virus broke out in a nearby mountain community, Raccoon City, and hit the peaceful little town with a devastating blow crippling its very foundation. Not taking any chances, the President of the United States ordered a contingency plan - to sterilize Raccoon City. With the whole affair gone public, the United States government issued an indefinite suspension of business decree to Umbrella. Soon it's stock prices crashed and for all intents and purposes Umbrella was finished.

Wesker wanted to create his own new Umbrella to achieve his own ends. Krauser was working for Wesker, and Wesker wanted him to retrieve a sample of Las Plagas. Krauser infiltrated Los Illuminados and kidnapped Ashley on the orders of Saddler, who wanted world domination for Los Illuminados.

Last edited:

HookerZombie

Even though the game tried to imply that Wesker was intending to bring Umbrella back all he really did was join up with a new company in RE5 (Tricell) and try to commit world-wide genocide with his new Uroboros Virus (which makes me question why he needed the Plagas parasite in the first place or even the G virus and T Veronica virus). He clearly didn't even give a crap about Tricell he was just using them for his own agenda (which obviously had nothing to do with bringing Umbrella back).

I just don't understand why the developers had to kill off Umbrella or what Wesker's "plans" had to do at all with supposedly reviving the evil company. That would be like if Ganon was suddenly killed forever in Legend of Zelda and they completely replaced him with some new villain nobody gave a crap about who constantly blabbers about wanting to revive Ganon but never actually does.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
That would be like if Ganon was suddenly killed forever in Legend of Zelda and they completely replaced him with some new villain nobody gave a crap about who constantly blabbers about wanting to revive Ganon but never actually does.

-cough- Zelda II -cough-

Although the enemies actually succeed in their goal of reviving Ganon if they kill Link and spill his blood.

Shocker

RE4 is an amazing game. I've done the GC and PS3 ports but the PS2 one is supposed to be excellent.

HookerZombie

RE4 is an amazing game. I've done the GC and PS3 ports but the PS2 one is supposed to be excellent.
The PS2 version does have its flaws. The graphics are nowhere as good as they were for the Gamecube or the HD ports and for some reason Ada doesn't get a knife in The Mercenaries or Assignment Ada even though she has one in Separate Ways.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The PS2 version does have its flaws. The graphics are nowhere as good as they were for the Gamecube or the HD ports and for some reason Ada doesn't get a knife in The Mercenaries or Assignment Ada even though she has one in Separate Ways.

The PS2's controls are also sluggish, the PRL laser isn't nearly as good, and some of the sounds are altered. Not to mention, the sound quality in general isn't nearly as good. And I suspect that Ada doesn't have a knife or any of her other outfits in The Mercenaries because the team who were porting it were lazy.

HookerZombie

Yeah it was kind of silly to not give her a knife seeing as she was shown using one in a cutscene (the one where she stabs Leon in the knee after he strangles her while under the control of the plagas).

Top Bottom