• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident evil 4 sucks..

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The GameCube version of RE4 is actually the hardest on Normal. Ganados and bosses are actually smarter than they are in ports, but this could be interpreted as cheap damage.

That's what I thought. I cut through RE4 HD port like a joke and I was thinking to myself.... wtf? RE4 on GameCube was probably one of the most challenging games in the series (LOL @ NO THERMAL SCOPE). Also fyi Krauser can go **** himself on Professional difficulty.

Mista Cassla

YouTuber
Wha!!! Resident Evil 4 was like the 2nd best if not the Best Game in the Series after RE 2!!! To Each his own I guess but RE 4 changed my whole perspective on what to look for in RE games in the future!

Dampless

3:30am
Like other people said, you're REALLY early in the game (like 10 minutes in) so I don't think it's safe for you to presume that the game itself is 'bad'. But personally, the other thing I didn't like about RE4 was the change in Leon's character. He didn't resemble what he used to be in RE2. The cocky/confident attitude crawled out of his ass outta no where.

Luchance

Like other people said, you're REALLY early in the game (like 10 minutes in) so I don't think it's safe for you to presume that the game itself is 'bad'. But personally, the other thing I didn't like about RE4 was the change in Leon's character. He didn't resemble what he used to be in RE2. The cocky/confident attitude crawled out of his ass outta no where.
I actually liked Leon in RE4. I liked him in RE2 as well. Being that RE4 took place 6 years after RE2, it felt like a decent progression he made as a character. Now as far as making him more action oriented, I think that haves more to do with what the developers wanted to do with the gameplay more than anything. As far as his character I don't have much problems with him here.

Dampless

3:30am
I actually liked Leon in RE4. I liked him in RE2 as well. Being that RE4 took place 6 years after RE2, it felt like a decent progression he made as a character. Now as far as making him more action oriented, I think that haves more to do with what the developers wanted to do with the gameplay more than anything. As far as his character I don't have much problems with him here.
I know what you mean, and I agree with you. I liked Leon a lot in RE4 but I just dislike the fact that Capcom changed his personality to the point where you don't even recognize the dude. I feel they tried to make him a lot like Dante from DmC. RE4 introduced Leon as practically a new character which doesn't make sense to me. Him being a a government agent recruit and being able to acquire a new set of skills would probably boost his confidence/cockiness up, yeah, but I still don't understand why they couldn't just give him the same personality from RE2 (which was my favorite Leon btw)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I know what you mean, and I agree with you. I liked Leon a lot in RE4 but I just dislike the fact that Capcom changed his personality to the point where you don't even recognize the dude. I feel they tried to make him a lot like Dante from DmC. RE4 introduced Leon as practically a new character which doesn't make sense to me. Him being a a government agent recruit and being able to acquire a new set of skills would probably boost his confidence/cockiness up, yeah, but I still don't understand why they couldn't just give him the same personality from RE2 (which was my favorite Leon btw)

Actually, DMC came from a beta of RE4, so Dante is based off of Leon. :p

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
lol I've only played the 4th DmC so I'm not really fimiliar with the release dates or the rest of the games haha. Good call though!

I totally understand how you thought otherwise. I mean, Devil May Cry came out in 2001 and Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005, so you'd think Leon would be kind of based off of Dante, but it's the other way around because Dante was a concept of Leon.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I totally understand how you thought otherwise. I mean, Devil May Cry came out in 2001 and Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005, so you'd think Leon would be kind of based off of Dante, but it's the other way around because Dante was a concept of Leon.

Well in the earlier builds Leon still looked like Leon. To say Dante was based on Leon wouldn't really be true, at least in my opinion. Just because his hair was long? Their personalities and appearances look very different but yes, he DID spawn from Leon as a concept from Resident Evil 4 went off track with other ideas that became Devil May Cry. So in a way you're right but at the same time I wouldn't exactly go that far myself :p It's hilarious that we got 2 Devil May Cry games before 4 came out and 4 beat DMC 3 by a month xD

Luchance

Yeah but you also have to factor in the voice acting as well. Leons voice actor changed in RE4 and a couple of other games and they used a different one as well for RE6 although that alone doesn't mean they couldn't replicate the same type of voice performance for Leon in RE2 but it's clear they wanted Leon to be different here. Really I think there were slight traces of Leon from RE2 to RE4, like how Leon seems curious or fascinated with Ada just like he is in RE4 and I even think he haves very suttle humor in RE2 compared to RE4 but coupled with him joining the government I can buy into enough the type of change he made in RE4.

Lithium

I totally buy Leons change of character from RE2 to RE4. It's 6 years later and he's not a 21-year old rookie cop anymore, who stumbles into a zombie infested city unprepared. Leon now is a government agent who has seen his share of zombies and BOWs and who has been trained to fight those creatures. He doesn't stumble into Spain without knowing what he is getting himself into.
Also, it is not uncommon that people change after traumatizing events.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
What do you mean 'crawled out of his ass outta no where'? As other members have noted, a substantial period of time has passed between RE 2 and RE 4. Yes, we didn't see his character for some time - but we are to presume he went through a significant amount of intense training between the two games. That's enough time and experience for someone to go from a nervous rookie to a confident officer, especially considering he was sort of 'forced' to mature into his position rather quickly. Most people don't have to deal with a zombie apocalypse their first day on the job - and I imagine that alone would change someone.

He wasn't 'green' in RE 4. There's no reason he should still behave like its his first day again.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I didn't know (or have I forgot?) that the AI is different on Gamecube and PS2. I played on PS2.
There are some points in RE4 that are somewhat hard, but it's not worse than you think a little over what went wrong and why, and you try again with a new approach. What I found difficult was to keep my marksmanship at 100%.

Shocker

Well if it is to hard save up for the infinite rocket launcher. I guarantee it will be easier then.

meg5493

Code Veronica is probably the hardest in the series with that tyrant plane fight, but every RE game is a struggle to get used to especially control wise.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well if it is to hard save up for the infinite rocket launcher. I guarantee it will be easier then.

Hell no! The Chicago Typewriter destroys the infinite rocket launcher in every way. For one it can't kill you, and secondly it's far more powerful. It's fully automatic and every bullet pretty much instantly kills everything. All you need to do is shoot and flick the c-stick and it's GG. It's the instagib gun of the RE universe.

Shocker

You can't buy the infinite launcher in Round 1.

You are probably right...I can't recall been a while.

And yes, the Chicago Typewriter will make your walkthrough a breeze as well.

Might be kinda taboo to folks on this board but it you need help try this site: www.evilresource.com. Try from a pc because the mouse over on the maps is cool.

Last edited:

HookerZombie

I thought the game was OK but I didn't like how they changed the story or tried to get rid of the Umbrella Corporation. They basically took the one thing that connected all the previous games together and chunked it in the trash in favor of a bug-worshipping cult that nobody gives a crap about. Then in RE5 they tried to revive Umbrella with the Tricell corporation but it just didn't feel the same.

Top Bottom