• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident evil 4 sucks..

e_etu

Soram ~
Okay i bought this game and ps2 just to play old re games and i am bit regretting it now..
Story in Re4 is boring , game is too hard and i hate controllers D: its just too hard to move leon or use knife.

I am now stuck in part where i have to return to village after i found luis from closet. Idk.. i expected re4 bit different.. I wanna finish it at least once but idk how to play it xD

( this is unrelated to re4 but.. )
i bought re2 ! i have already tried it but controllers are horrible too , but i like the story in this one so i am gonna try to learn how to move characters and stuff.

btw what re game should i buy next ? what is the easiest one ? xD

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Yeah, I don't really like RE4 either. My main problem with it is the story. If you've played RE5 or 6 the controls will definitely seem really clunky at first but if you persevere, it will get easier.

Same with RE2. Keep using the controls and it will become second nature to you. Once you get the controls in this game you should be able to play any of the old Resident Evils easily.

In my opinion, 2 is probably the easiest of the old games followed by REmake, so play that if you haven't already :)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You're still early in the game, the story hasn't even picked up yet! xD As for the controls, you just have to get used to them. Basically, to move your character in 2, remember up is always forward and moving should be a lot easier. In my opinion, 2 and 4 are the easiest. :p What ones have you played already again?

e_etu

Soram ~
Yeah, I don't really like RE4 either. My main problem with it is the story. If you've played RE5 or 6 the controls will definitely seem really clunky at first but if you persevere, it will get easier.

Same with RE2. Keep using the controls and it will become second nature to you. Once you get the controls in this game you should be able to play any of the old Resident Evils easily.

In my opinion, 2 is probably the easiest of the old games followed by REmake, so play that if you haven't already :)

I loved re5 controls but re4 controls sucks :/

I havent tried remake yet but i will probably buy it or re3 next but first i gotta learn to move characters like i said xD

You're still early in the game, the story hasn't even picked up yet! xD As for the controls, you just have to get used to them. Basically, to move your character in 2, remember up is always forward and moving should be a lot easier. In my opinion, 2 and 4 are the easiest. :p What ones have you played already again?

Yeah .. you are probably right. I will try tomorrow again play it but so far i havent liked story.

I tried yesterday to play re2 but i died right away cuz i dont know how to move claire xD so hard.
I have played so far re5 , 6 , revelations 1&2 & operation raccoon city ( i hated this game. )

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I loved re5 controls but re4 controls sucks :/

I havent tried remake yet but i will probably buy it or re3 next but first i gotta learn to move characters like i said xD

Yeah .. you are probably right. I will try tomorrow again play it but so far i havent liked story.

I tried yesterday to play re2 but i died right away cuz i dont know how to move claire xD so hard.
I have played so far re5 , 6 , revelations 1&2 & operation raccoon city ( i hated this game. )

The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of 4 have the same controls as 5, but you have the PS2 version so that information is kind of useless. xD
The story at first seems just like "Get Ashley, get out, okay end game" but there's way more than that, it starts to pick up more because.. things happen. :p I really like the sub-plots.
Remake or 3 is a good decision for next.

e_etu

Soram ~
The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of 4 have the same controls as 5, but you have the PS2 version so that information is kind of useless. xD
The story at first seems just like "Get Ashley, get out, okay end game" but there's way more than that, it starts to pick up more because.. things happen. :p I really like the sub-plots.
Remake or 3 is a good decision for next.

Oh I did not know that :/ If i would have net on my xbox360 i would download it right away.
I am also interested about veronica code , dead aim or outbreak series but i heard those games are really hard. :/ buut , i am gonna still pick up those games at some point.

3 is much harder than 2, I wouldn't recommend that....
NEMESIS is always chasing you ass... :)

Gonna finish 2 then first and then try 3 one. xD
It's amazing how much easier RE3 is when you don't try to fight Nemesis for gun upgrades.

ty for tip.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Oh I did not know that :/ If i would have net on my xbox360 i would download it right away.
I am also interested about veronica code , dead aim or outbreak series but i heard those games are really hard. :/ buut , i am gonna still pick up those games at some point.

Gonna finish 2 then first and then try 3 one. xD

ty for tip.

A lot of people say CV is really hard, but if you're careful with your ammo it should be fine. The Outbreak games can be pretty hard at times, especially if you have the wrong team. Dead Aim is really forgiving with handgun ammo, so I hope you have good handgun skills. :p

Luchance

Actually the one your playing now "RE4" is probably the easiest main Resident Evil game in the series. What you should play after that. I would play RE3 next since I found it to be the easiest one out of the older Resi games. If you play RE3 after you've finished RE4 it might slightly spoil some things from the previous games but not really to a big extent. I would say play RE1 but I personally have never beaten RE1 cause honestly I found it kind of boring although if you do I would suggest playing RE1: Remake or I think it's just called Resident Evil: Remake which is an updated version of RE1 but with added story element and new enemies and updated graphics. It originally came out on Gamecube but I believe you can buy it off the Playstation Network on your PS3, PS4 or Xbox 360. I'm not sure about Xbox One.

Also too, I have the PS2 version of RE4 and maybe like you, when I first played RE4 I didn't like it, but depending on if your kind of still in the beginning of the game, it really starts to pick up and the story I think gets more interesting.

Mod edit: Double-posts merged. Please use EDIT when you want to add something. -R

Last edited by a moderator:

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yeah you're still really early in the game so the story can't really be judged yet. And as others said, its probably the easiest RE game. And as far as controls, RE4 are a lot easier than the tank controls. And the next easiest one is 2. RECVX can be hard if you don't know how to conserve ammo.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm confused on how RE4 is easier than RE5? I guess if you are referring to the PS2 version.... The Game Cube version had better AI and many more enemies on screen at once. RE2 is indeed pretty easy as well. None of them are overly difficult once you get the hang of them. Most people I've talked too all say that the hardest part in the series is getting past the first village part in RE4 or the assembly in RE5 xD I suppose they thrust you in without let you get a feel out of the game. That's really the only reason why.

Resident Evil 4 was defiantly the most stressful Resident Evil game I've ever played in my first play through way back in the day. It was all my dumbass fault for not finding nor picking up the thermal scope -_- Also why didn't the HD remake feel as hard as the original? Can anyone elaborate on that? :/

I guess the hardest would be Resident Evil remake and maybe 0? My memory is a little hazy on the difficulty of those games. It's been far too long since I played them xD As for the story? RE4 was a bit of a side story. Leon's stories normally are off to the side of a lot of the other characters. That doesn't make him irrelevant in any shape or form though. As for the best story? I'm going to say Revelations 2 :3 That game is mind blowing :3

Luchance

I'm confused on how RE4 is easier than RE5? I guess if you are referring to the PS2 version.... The Game Cube version had better AI and many more enemies on screen at once. RE2 is indeed pretty easy as well. None of them are overly difficult once you get the hang of them. Most people I've talked too all say that the hardest part in the series is getting past the first village part in RE4 or the assembly in RE5 xD I suppose they thrust you in without let you get a feel out of the game. That's really the only reason why.

Resident Evil 4 was defiantly the most stressful Resident Evil game I've ever played in my first play through way back in the day. It was all my dumbass fault for not finding nor picking up the thermal scope -_- Also why didn't the HD remake feel as hard as the original? Can anyone elaborate on that? :/

I guess the hardest would be Resident Evil remake and maybe 0? My memory is a little hazy on the difficulty of those games. It's been far too long since I played them xD As for the story? RE4 was a bit of a side story. Leon's stories normally are off to the side of a lot of the other characters. That doesn't make him irrelevant in any shape or form though. As for the best story? I'm going to say Revelations 2 :3 That game is mind blowing :3
Yeah, I have the PS2 version of RE4. I think I played the Gamecube version like once a long time ago. I can't really remember if it was more difficult than the PS2 version. I know it haves better graphics than the PS2 version. It's funny that you mention the thermal scope to fight them. I thought it was kinda stupid for them to even add a thermal scope to defeat them. RE:Zero and Remake are probably the hardest RE at least that I've played.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yeah, I have the PS2 version of RE4. I think I played the Gamecube version like once a long time ago. I can't really remember if it was more difficult than the PS2 version. I know it haves better graphics than the PS2 version. It's funny that you mention the thermal scope to fight them. I thought it was kinda stupid for them to even add a thermal scope to defeat them. RE:Zero and Remake are probably the hardest RE at least that I've played.

I agree with your about RE remake and Zero. I can't remember correctly but did the Game Cube version even have an easier difficulty like the port has? I really don't remember there being one but I could be wrong.

LMAO yeah the thermal scope was stupid. The game was so much better without the scope, I'm not even kidding. Definitely added a better challenge to the game. As for the difficulty the HD port seemed WAAAAAY easier than I remember RE4 ever being on the GameCube. My friend and I played the HD version side by side on our own consoles and I was consistently bitching how this felt so much easier and why there were less enemies in the game :/ Or so it felt....

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The GameCube version of RE4 is actually the hardest on Normal. Ganados and bosses are actually smarter than they are in ports, but this could be interpreted as cheap damage.

Luchance

I agree with your about RE remake and Zero. I can't remember correctly but did the Game Cube version even have an easier difficulty like the port has? I really don't remember there being one but I could be wrong.

LMAO yeah the thermal scope was stupid. The game was so much better without the scope, I'm not even kidding. Definitely added a better challenge to the game. As for the difficulty the HD port seemed WAAAAAY easier than I remember RE4 ever being on the GameCube. My friend and I played the HD version side by side on our own consoles and I was consistently bitching how this felt so much easier and why there were less enemies in the game :/ Or so it felt....

I think the Gamecube versions of both Remake and Zero had difficulty options. I think Remake had easy, normal and hard, while Zero I think had easy and normal I believe. I think the only Resident Evil game that I've played that didn't allow for multiple difficulty options was Resident Evil Code Veronica X. I'm not sure about the Dreamcast original version though.
I think they did tweak the HD ports of RE4 for the 360 and PS3 with slightly less enemies and I think they added in a few different enemy conversations and sounds but very little of it.
Not to dog on RE4 because I still love it and play it whenever I feel like playing it, but I do feel like there were a few missed opportunities that were missed in the game. Like I said about them adding in the Thermal Scope I do think that there were times in the game where it could have been more challenging and more of a threat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom