• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pet Peeves.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
People that think that they are 'stressed' when in fact they're nervous. Do me a favour. Wait until you feel the effects of stress, then come complain to me.
People that seem to have in their head that video games are evil, rot the brain and promote violence! Sod off. I played GTA when I was 10 and I don't even have a criminal record for grand theft auto. I played Half Life at 6 or 7 and I haven't hit anyone over the head with a crowbar.
Finally, those that like to see all gamers as nerds. We have lives, we just either have good reasons for not wanting to be chavs, morons or dimwitted fools or we just enjoy being a part of the largest entertainment industry on Earth.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Finally, those that like to see all gamers as nerds. We have lives, we just either have good reasons for not wanting to be chavs, morons or dimwitted fools or we just enjoy being a part of the largest entertainment industry on Earth.

^That one right there ****es me off more than you'll ever know. I get called a 'Nerd' constantly... by people I'D say are nerds themselves, but not in a good way. They say it just because I like Batman, and playing a few video games... Come back to me when you're not wearing polyester church dress and white shoes thinking you're so stylish you f*cking nerd hick! Okay I'm snapping out of it now... phew. LOL

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
^That one right there ****es me off more than you'll ever know. I get called a 'Nerd' constantly... by people I'D say are nerds themselves, but not in a good way. Come back to me when you're not wearing polyester church dress and white shoes thinking you're so stylish you f*cking nerd hick! Okay I'm snapping out of it now... phew. LOL
Hyuk hyuk, you sayaid hick.
That genuinely made me laugh.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Hyuk hyuk, you sayaid hick.
That genuinely made me laugh.

I can't help it... The people who think I'm nerdy are tacky ass nerd hicks! They wouldn't know style if it hit them in the face... They think I dress weird because I dress vintage... Bitch please, just because I'm not wearing your mother's 1980's polyester jacket with shoulder pads doesn't mean I'm 'weird'. Then again... she's the same person who thinks Zoeey Deschanel dresses tacky... who the hell....? I'm out of words.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I can't help it... The people who think I'm nerdy are tacky ass nerd hicks! They wouldn't know style if it hit them in the face... They think I dress weird because I dress vintage... Bitch please, just because I'm not wearing your mother's 1980's polyester jacket with shoulder pads doesn't mean I'm 'weird'. Then again... she's the same person who thinks Zoeey Deschanel dresses tacky... who the hell....? I'm out of words.
I have enough problems with PE without laughing myself to death.
Those that call me (6 foot 2, 13 stone (down from 15.5) and huge shoulders) are generally those that came out unlucky in the gene pool. Whilst they can hardly string a sentence together without feeling the need to swear or say 'blad', I can write an essay on how the houses of the various characters in The Great Gatsby are extremely important in establishing the personalities of these characters.
If being intelligent makes me a nerd, Hell yeah I'm a nerd.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
That's another one of my peeves. Everyone at my school says that I'm a nerd only because I play games and they always say that I am stupid and that they are smarter and they give the only reason of me being dumber than them is beause I'm a nerd even though I make better grades than them in every single class. I find it funny that just about everytime I prove that I'm smarter than them they it's because I'm a nerd and is a complete contradictory (So if I'm nerd, hows that make me more dumber than you and more smarter than you at the same time. I don't know what the word is called to describe them, but I think it's called Complete Dumba**es.).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I for one am proud to be a nerd. I'm smart, well read, a free-thinker, and love video games and fantasy. :cool:
For real my friend! Word to the nerd!

Pet Peeve of mine...People who just CONSTANTLY talk trash on ONE specific subject...I mean...After you do it for a week and everyone hears you doing it, we get it...You don't like it...But damn...People who totally talk about how much the hate the same thing ALL the time...It just get's OLD...

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Here's a few more pet peeves of mine.

AFKers in co-op or multiplayer games that use XP - I get annoyed by this a lot. It annoys me that someone joins in a game and does absoutly nothing just so that they can get free XP in the game. What's the point of having the game if you're not going to even play it? Okay, maybe they do play it, but if you're going to play the multiplayer section for entertainment then at least play it because that is fun, doing absoutly nothing for minutes is boring and pointless. Basically if you do this on purpose you absoutly spoiled and that you think you can get what ever you want for nothing. Now if you AFK at least have a legit reason for doing so and not for being a lazy XP w****.

When people make untruthful accusations towards me - Here's a few examples of this. Early this year I became an uncle and I was scared of being an uncle because that would mean that I would have some kind of responsibilty later on taking care of them, and yet everyone thinks that I hate my niece and nephew. First, I would never hate my niece or nephew for obvious reasons. Second, this is my sister and her children that we're talking about, I would never hate my sister or her kids. Third, there is a clear difference between being scared of something and hating something. Another untruthful accusation that I hate is that everyone thinks that I stay up all night playing video games. I'm bringing up what ChrisRedfield1994 said, as a video gamer I don't always play video games and I sure as heck don't stay up all night. Just because I arrive at school and I'm sleepy doesn't mean that I stayed up all night, that probably means something, it's a very foreign sentence that I don't what it is nor do I know how to say it or spell it, but I think it's called being tired and being sleepy because I woke up early and I just want to sleep some more. The only time that I do stay up all night, besides a weekend or during summer vacation, is when I wake early by myself (Like having a nightmare and waking up at 1:00 in the morning), and even then I don't stay up all night playing games, instead I use a very rare item called a computer to look up something that is not known on this planet called cooking videos or something else new to planet Earth called videos of children crying over a video game or people acting stupid or perhaps the one thing that is not known to man kind which is called music. Okay I know I'm being acting stupid, but I'm really not kidding, this is how dumb some of my classmates are at school, I swear if you talk about something that is not basketball, baseball, football, money, or vehicle parts then they don't know what you are talking about and treat like it's not of this Earth.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
People that take time off school when they have a cold. I went in with a busted knee, several serious blood clots in my leg and a migraine. Man up.
Seriously! I'm with you! When I was in school I hadn't missed a DAY of school for being sick from the 5th grade all the way up to the 11th...If I missed school it was because I was skipping or helping my mom who has a brain injury and needs help with certain things...But me PERSONALLY being sick...Never..Man up people...

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
@ChrisRedfield1994 - That's nothing. There's this one guy who was in my class last year (I don't think he'll be in my class this year) and every single time we had a test he would miss that day, and by every single I actually mean every single, and in total he missed about or more than 30 days of school.

Another pet peeve of mine.

When my friends tell me that I made a bad decision when I buy a game- It's like every time I buy a game and after either I tell my friend that I got a certain game or my friends look at the games I had and it's not a game that they like, they always tend to say that I'm an idiot. Here's an example. When I told my friend at school that I bought Catherine, he shook his head and said "That's a bad buy.". Here's the thing, I buy games deciding on if I want them or not. If I look at a game and I think that I may enjoy it then I buy it, if it looks like I won't then I just won't buy it. I don't need someone to say, "Oh you bought a crappy game and wasted your money", the only thing that matters to me on rather I feel like it was money well spent or money wasted is rather I enjoy the game or not. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean you have to say that I wasted money. I may like and you may not, I may not like it and you may like it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
People that seem to have in their head that video games are evil, rot the brain and promote violence! Sod off. I played GTA when I was 10 and I don't even have a criminal record for grand theft auto. I played Half Life at 6 or 7 and I haven't hit anyone over the head with a crowbar.
I heard on the radio that research shows that violent people do play violent games, but they were violent to begin with. Normal non-violent people don't become violent from playing games.

Isn't this a thing of the past? When I was a kid in the previous millennium, gamers were often looked at as nerds. But since then games have become culture and are just as respected as films. Now even old people, who also were old already when I was a kid, play games. Who are calling our parents and grandparents nerds??

I for one am proud to be a nerd. I'm smart, well read, a free-thinker, and love video games and fantasy. :cool:
Meg, for some lucky one you could be the catch of the century. :cool:

Top Bottom