• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pet Peeves.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
People who go....

"I need to tell you something..." in a text, and I ask them "what?" and they leave me hanging for hours... Makes me feel like this.

tumblr_lufhszyJlx1qgixe3.gif

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I could probably fill up a whole page of this thread on my own so I will just post something minor.

People who only purchase singles and call themselves fans of a band/artist. I am all for getting into a band/artist by just trying a single or two first. I just get irritated when I see people at a sold out show there just for the hit song. This takes away tickets from people that would have actually appreciated the full show. I didn't really think much of this until the other day I was going through my niece's iPod and she had at least 200 artists with only 1 song each. Again it's not a huge deal but it just bothers me for some reason. :confused:
I'm actually the exact same way...I'm a musician, so seeing this really bothers me, because I feel like it's somewhat insulting...Don't get me wrong, I've got a few singles on my iPod, but I'm not a FAN of the ones I only have one song by...I just like the song...

LordGolbez

Excessive Drunkenness Is Another Of Mine. I Have A Aunt Who Is An Excessive Drunk And Likes To Spread Rumors Mainly Because She Hates Me. The Last I Heard My Brother Beat The **** Out Of Me And I Was Homeless, Neither Of Which Happened. I'm Just Waiting Till I'm Hooked On PCP Riding An Ostrich Though Town.:p

svp

being down south, I start to see the change of attitudes. they are all friendly and happy no matter how much money they have, I respect that. My point is...New Englanders! grow the F*** up and get those sticks out of ur butts! life is short and the end is near. stop being pessimists and enjoy ur life. Ex: walk into a store in NC and the workers wave and smile. Walk into a store in Mass or Conn. and you get a cold stare. uggh! its prob the weather or something :confused: rant ended

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
JEWS! xD

I hate it when people lie about little things that don't matter. For instance at work my Captain asked a guy, "Did you block off the road leading up to the admin building?" The guy replies, "Yeah! I blocked it off Friday." Captain, "No you didn't, you were on my shift Friday." Guy, "Oh.. I blocked it off on Saturday.. Yeah! Saturday!" My Captain knew full well that I blocked it off on Sunday. What p*sses me off about this is that he wouldn't even have gotten in trouble. He would've just been told to remember to do it next time. Why not just say no and that you forgot? Now he's getting reprimanded and could possibly be getting assigned to a new post. Was it really worth it?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
being down south, I start to see the change of attitudes. they are all friendly and happy no matter how much money they have, I respect that. My point is...New Englanders! grow the F*** up and get those sticks out of ur butts! life is short and the end is near. stop being pessimists and enjoy ur life. Ex: walk into a store in NC and the workers wave and smile. Walk into a store in Mass or Conn. and you get a cold stare. uggh! its prob the weather or something :confused: rant ended

That's just how us Carolina people are... ;) I agree though, sometimes the North can be a bit rude, but Manhattan sometimes is friendlier to me than any other place... Man I miss NYC.

Oh and another pet peeve: People who are way too loud on the phone.... I mean come on... It's not like you're trying to shout your way to Alabama.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
That's just how us Carolina people are... ;) I agree though, sometimes the North can be a bit rude, but Manhattan sometimes is friendlier to me than any other place... Man I miss NYC.

Oh and another pet peeve: People who are way too loud on the phone.... I mean come on... It's not like you're trying to shout your way to Alabama.
I could not agree with you more even though that is biased because I am a carolinian myself

Meg

So bin ich eben
Pet peeves.....people who eat really loud. I don't mind the sound of people eating except when they are chewing so loud it's ridiculous. My sister's boyfriend is the loudest eater I have ever heard at it's.....it's HORRIBLE! :eek:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Pet peeves.....people who eat really loud. I don't mind the sound of people eating except when they are chewing so loud it's ridiculous. My sister's boyfriend is the loudest eater I have ever heard at it's.....it's HORRIBLE! :eek:

Oh god don't even get me started... If people are smacking in my ear I WILL cry or get incredibly angry. It's insane... I think it's a part of my anxiety too. After hearing it I feel like popping a xanax, and THIS... Drives me INSANE!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN?!?!? WHAT IS SHE TRYING TO DO TO ME...... *Cries* I would confess to anything just to get that f*cking smacking to STOP.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh god don't even get me started... If people are smacking in my ear I WILL cry or get incredibly angry. It's insane... I think it's a part of my anxiety too. After hearing it I feel like popping a xanax, and THIS... Drives me INSANE!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN?!?!? WHAT IS SHE TRYING TO DO TO ME...... *Cries* I would confess to anything just to get that f*cking smacking to STOP.
I wish there was a way to DISLIKE a post...Not because I disliked what you said, becaues i totally agree...But because you unleashed the horror of that video upon this once peaceful website lol...

Reactions: Meg

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Here's a few of my pet peeves.

Language W****s - I haven't seen it a lot, but it still annoys me. This is when people insult another person's language. Here's a recent example of this. I was looking through some comments on a Youtube video and one guy typed in "gray" and this one guy from the United Kingdom actually posts this, "It's spelt grey. Learn how to spell it correctly dumb***.". Yeah it is spelt grey in the United Kingdom, but the guy who typed in gray was from the United States and in the United States it is spelt gray. I also saw the almost the exact same thing with colour (British English) and color (American English). It's almost the exact same thing when I see someone type something in a different language and someone else just has to comment "Learn how to speak in [Insert language here], dumb***.", not everyone is going to know the same language and that is why it annoys me, knowing that these people haven't heard of the phrase "Different nationality" so they just think everyone knows the same language and then when someone doesn't they just have to call them a stupid. Another thing that I've seen that falls under the category, and I've been a victim of this, is when you insult someone who says the word y'all. I remember playing a game, and I can't remember where the guy was from, and he laughs at me just because I said the word y'all throughout the entire time I was forced to say you all. I can't help saying it, I was born and lived my entire life in Louisiana which is a southern state and a lot of southerners use the word y'all, and I hate the fact that not only did the guy say it was stupid for me to say that, but I really hate that I was forced to say "you all" or "all of you", it's something that I am not used to and I'd rather just say y'all since it means both.

"Same Difference" - It's like everyone I know is starting to use this phrase, a phrase that doesn't make a lot of sense. Pretty much if you ever use that phrase in front of me during an argument and you think that just by saying that it automatically means that you won the argument, well then you are a complete dumbox. I remember one time someone used this in front of me and they said "Chinese is the same as Japanese." to which I reply "No they aren't." to which they asked "Prove it" to which I proved that they are two different nationalities and the simple fact that, oh I don't know, that their languages sound extremely different when you compare them, that person then replied "That doesn't prove anything" to which I reply "Yeah it does prove something" to which they used "Same difference". First, be glad that I didn't get a knife from the kitchen and stabbed you to death with it for being racist. Second, what was it that you had to proved me wrong? Third, you used that prose where it doesn't mean any sense. It's like asking someone who says that a knife is the samething as a gun and then once I prove them wrong (Which really they are already wrong) they say "Same difference. So ha, I won this argument". No you didn't, you just made yourself look more like a jack***. The only time you should ever use the phrase "Same difference" is in a sentence like this "Ted and Tod fight because they have different religions. In other words they are fighting over the same difference.", that makes since since you're saying that they are fighting over the one thing that they both share in common that is different which would be their religion.

That's only a few.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
A pet peeve of mine is when people say THIS actually...It's happened a few times, and it drives me up a wall...Are we so ignorant as to think that just because they have SIMILAR language they are the same!? And actually, only the WRITTEN language is similar...Spoken is VERY different...
I 100% agree. When written it is almost the same and there were a few times where I did see Japanese and Chinese writings next to each other and I didn't know which was which. But when you compare them by the way they sound, they are extremely different. This is very clear in the game Yakuza 4, as the game is spoken only in Japanese, but when you play as the character Masayoshi Tanimura you hear him speak in Japanese and in Chinese and the way that both languages are spoken are different.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I also get really annoyed when people refer to other people as 'sheep'. Nothing is more unattractive as that kind of pure, obnoxious narcissism. And I find its rarely educated, intelligent people who actually make these kinds of remarks - it's almost always someone who only THINKS they have the world figured out.

Coma Black

Lamb of God
It really bothers me when...
- people toss books or dvd cases
- people aren't accepting of others -- One of my friends nearly flipped when he saw a Jeffree Star music video.
- people (usually teenage girls) defile the English language for the sole purpose of trying to seem cute.

Top Bottom