• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Operation Raccoon City Trailer

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That had slipped my mind. I hope that it is extremely replayable by adding in hidden items (Anything would do as long as it is appropriate. Like newspapers detailing about how the outbreak started, Umbrella and RPD dog tags, or Civilian IDs. Things that I would consider innapropriate would be something like anything that talks or shows something from Resident Evil games that take place after the Raccoon City Inncident because it would be too out of place and it wouldn't make any sense.), secrets (Like hidden passageways or hidden items.), and unlockables (Costumes, weapons, or anything good).

I have high hopes for this game.

You make a great point...people trash Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, but those games have done better tahn any other RE when it comes to unlockables like that...

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
you just...made me...a very VERY happy person right now!!
I freaken LOVE Hunter's! and the fact that they run the zombies down to get what they want...OMG I WANT IT EVEN MORE!!!
...think Umbrella would mind if I took a Hunter home as a pet? >.>

Id get a licker...i hear theyre easier to train...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I hope Nemesis won't show up and the only T-103's will be close to the P12-A facility...
Nevermind, this game won't count for storyline anyway (though I think they could use this to explain lots of weired stuff we see in RE2/RE3).
Anyway, I hope we can finally watch the infamous battle between the US Army and the 5 T-103's.

Nemesis1985

I hope Nemesis won't show up .
:-( all the memories I have about RE belongs to all the times that nemesis jumped out of no where,yelling S.T.A.R.S and made me wet my pants.Capcom not only ruined its reputation by producing RE4 and 5 but also made me shoot and kill my old friend,Nemesis lol.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
I change my mind, after viewing some screenshot's. I'm stoked, but I don't know what console it's for. Maybe it'll be for PC?

its 4 pc 360 and (thaank the Lord they haven't changed this) PS3. i just hope if they stop making it for sum systems, it's not for the playstation systems. that's where it all started, and i hope that's where it ends.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
i really want this!!! this is wat outbreak should have been like. i hope the camera angles r like 4 and 5. plus there's alot of zombies, and they move kinda fast, so u can tell its gunna b a challenge. and looks like co-op(hopefully more than 2 this time around)

Nemesis1985

i really want this!!! this is wat outbreak should have been like. i hope the camera angles r like 4 and 5. plus there's alot of zombies, and they move kinda fast, so u can tell its gunna b a challenge. and looks like co-op(hopefully more than 2 this time around)
all the things that you hope to see in the new RE are exactly things that in my opinion makes it dumb.No more horror,no more puzzles and lots of shootings means bye bye real RE to me

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
:-( all the memories I have about RE belongs to all the times that nemesis jumped out of no where,yelling S.T.A.R.S and made me wet my pants.Capcom not only ruined its reputation by producing RE4 and 5 but also made me shoot and kill my old friend,Nemesis lol.

RE's reputation was not ruined by RE4, RE4 was a great game. It had all those things you mentioned as "real" RE. It had horror, survival, a good story(not the most relevant, but good nevertheless, not to mention how there was some really significant stuff going on behind the scenes, with Ada and The Organization).

RE's reputation may have went down hill, after Shinji Mikami left, which was after RE4. In fact, I think it was because he didn't want RE4 to get ported onto the Ps2.

Mikami leaving coincided with really lazy, mediocre things from RE, UC, RE5 had it's bad moments.

Anyway, my point being, don't put RE4 under that bus, it doesn't belong there. I understand that there are new RE fans(post RE4, who typically prefer OTS style gameplay, all that) and there are the older RE fans(the RE purists, who hate anyhthing RE4 and after, naively I might add), and there is the group I consider myself in, a more "real" RE fan. I play the games from all throughout the series, and appreciate them all. Some more than others, and I think the games have gone downhill a bit after RE4, but not because, or starting with RE4.

Nemesis1985

RE's reputation was not ruined by RE4, RE4 was a great game. It had all those things you mentioned as "real" RE. It had horror, survival, a good story.
I don not remember solving even 1 puzzle or finding components for a machine or a key to unlock a door or ... in addition,I agree with Silverback ,RE was not scary at all.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
There was nothing scary about Resident Evil 4.

Startling, maybe, but not scary.

I don not remember solving even 1 puzzle or finding components for a machine or a key to unlock a door or ... in addition,I agree with Silverback ,RE was not scary at all.

While I have yet to play Resident Evil 4 in its entirety, I have to weigh in agreement with this; nothing I've seen as of yet has constituted as scary. (And Resident Evil is Survival Horror after all. ;) )

Top Bottom