• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Topic

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well this is a thread dedicated to chat about MGS and anything MGS related.:) As I and Ark were talking about it, I thought it would be more appropriate to talk here.:)

Well I love MGS2, the music was awesome, and although most complain about having to use Raiden, I thought he was a cool character.

Frank Jaeger, a.k.a. Null, Deepthroat, Cyborg Ninja, is one of the coolest characters around.:)

I have always held MGS in the same league as the RE series, in terms of music, gameplay, story, plot, characters, voices, etc, although I prefer RE, by a longshot, MGS is one of the best experiences ever.:)

Zombie Enclave

MGS2 was like if you combined LOTS more epicness and LOTS more awesomeness. I personally thought that the things you unlock are awesome like the M4 and the stealth suit that let you cheat through everything. Plus I loved those sunglasses you unlock. But overall, I thought the Substance version made the game better then before. I loved the Vr and Snake tales. Snake Tales was like for people that were not new to MGS and could handle a harder difficulty. Plus, in VR you could play as MGS1 Snake, tux Snake, Plisken, Ninja Raiden (Which is Gray Fox but with Raidens face showing) but I hated Raiden X.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The best MGS is the first. The story is so good and complex i coudln't follow up the first times i played (I was a child and i didn't undesrtand english very well)... It's a shame Octopus died to early, he could have been tricking snake for a little longer.
MGS2 is also a great game and has a great story, but raiden ruined the game.
Then, MGS 3 is also very good. the prob is i missed The Metal gear, the buildings, and the game was too short.
I think MGS4 has ruined the whole series, in terms of storyline and gameplay.
It's a shame i never played the old MG games for the Game Boy, but i sorta know what happened.

Zombie Enclave

Subsistence has both MG 1 and 2 in it's original form with a very good translation and improved quality. And btw, I did like MGS, to. I have like every unlockable besides the Meryl and Otacon costumes. But I have the TT version, I do also have the PS1 version if I want some nostalgia, but I mostly play TT and have lots of unlockables on it.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@Ark, I also loved the VR stuff, I was so happy when I unlocked Raiden in the Gray Fox exoskeleton.:) Unfortunately my PS2 controller messed up and I never got to finish it...

I have MGS1 the original, MGS2: SoL, MGS3: Snake Eater, MGS: The Twin Snakes, MGS2: Substance, MGS3: Subsistence, which the Persistence disc sort of gives me Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake too.:)

@Bruno, why didn't you like Raiden?
MGS4 I have not really been able to play because I don't have a PS3, I did get to play the very beginning, up to the point where you see Liquid Ocelot, but the gameplay was alot of fun, and I enjoyed it.:)

MGS4 was supposed to conclude the series from what I understand, but I don't know what it is that would ruin the entire series from that one game..

Zombie Enclave

It DID. The game was more focused on "KILL AND UNLOCK AND GET MONEY" then "HIDE AND SNEAKILY GET OUT OF THE AREA". I mean, the Drebin shop was just asking for you to kill. Plus, MGO on MGS4 sucks.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ark;40287 said:
It DID. The game was more focused on "KILL AND UNLOCK AND GET MONEY" then "HIDE AND SNEAKILY GET OUT OF THE AREA". I mean, the Drebin shop was just asking for you to kill. Plus, MGO on MGS4 sucks.

Well I can't really have an opinion on that one just yet, as I haven't beat the game, or even played enough of it, but I can only assume that this is comparable to the RE4 and RE5 'ruining the series' claims....

bruno

Chief Researcher
A little worse, cause RE4 and 5 keep their good stories, but MGS4 ruined the story a little bit. I also never played much of it cause i don't own a ps3, but my fav part is one you have to be stealthy while following a guy and you can use that robot to distract enemies. I don't want to spoil too much...

Zombie Enclave

It sorta was. I once asked somebody on MGO "Have you got Big Boss emblem yet?" and he said "No I just kill everbody. Lol.". Same answer with bunches of people until one server with a bunch of MGS veterans were there. Plus they had weapons that looked exactly like original MGS guns. XM8= FAMAS. DSR-1= PSG1 and then the SOCOM was released so it was extremely complete. As you can see, barely anybody that played MGS4 sneaked through it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think the hardest game to sneak through is msg 3 cause you can't hide behind walls, and enemies can see you from far (still not as far as it would be in reality, but let's assume all MGS soldiers are a little blind)
MGS3 is also great because they inserted it nicely in the world story.

Zombie Enclave

Hell yeah. MGS3 actually had more stuff then MGS4. Like grabbing somebody and asking them questions, ability to see more pictures of the people on your codec, ways to turn off alerts, prison, the dream mini game, more difficult ways to unlock unlimited bandana and stealth and costumes that actually help you. Plus, you had to help Eva, and there was suits you unlocked from bosses by stamina killing them, only one health giver and food.

Hoady

I played the the demo of the first game on playstation when i was a youngin.I thought it was so cool i did it about 7 times and there the fact there were multiple ways to go through with it i was hooked but i never got it as a kid.I've also played the 3rd one(snake eater i think)on ps2 that was fricken sick as well i was going to buy it as a b-day present for my bro(also for the reason i'd get to play it one day.xD)but it wasn't available anywhere i was kinda disappointed.

Number 4 looks incredibly good as well.Anyone see that Konami teaser that came out today/yesterday?Its a countdown and then a thunderstorm flashes and 5 pops up, some people reckon it could MGS5 or even an MGS substence(5/S) for xbox 360 but then again it could be of something entirely different because a number 5 does seem a bit too easy a guess.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/?ref=koji_pro_e

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I thought the whole Cold War feel of the 3rd one was really terrific.:)

Also, when I say that I could compare MGS4 to RE4, I meant in how some take it, as I don't think RE4 or RE5 are very different, they fit in very well I think.:)

Zombie Enclave

Hoady;40299 said:
Anyone see that Konami teaser that came out today/yesterday?Its a countdown and then a thunderstorm flashes and 5 pops up, some people reckon it could MGS5 or even an MGS substence(5/S) for xbox 360 but then again it could be of something entirely different because a number 5 does seem a bit too easy a guess.
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/?ref=koji_pro_e

Oh ****, Raiden is the next character. Remember in 4 there is a cutscene where he makes thunder appear and Raidens name means "thunder" or something.

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
I saw that teaser yesterday. It's going to have a lot of people speculating it's MGS5 like the last teaser. We'll soon find out in 71 hours.

Top Bottom