• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Keep Claire Retired

Should Claire Stay Retired!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
You dont care what happens to the single most important female Resident Evil-character? As a die hard Jill fan I utterly frown upon a comment like that.

If there is one thing that truly and royally ****ed me off in RE 6, then it was the fact that Jill wasnt even mentioned and her existence was pretty much ignored. That just didnt make any sense to me whatsoever. Where was she when Chris went AWOL? Wouldnt she be the first to look for him? I think it would have made much more sense if she would have found Chris in that bar instead of Piers. And when Chris went to China with his team and participated in what was probably the biggest BSAA mission yet - where was Jill? Why wouldnt she be at his side during this? It just doesnt add up. I certainly cant imagine that while Chris fights for his life in the biggest BOW battle yet that Jill sits on a beach sipping margheritas.

One possible explanation is that after RE 5 Chris and Jill were both promoted to captain and each had their own squad, which would explain why they are not on the same team anymore. And then I guess you could explain her absence with her being on another mission with her team. I always like to think that the helicopter that picks Chris up at the end of his campaign is actually Jill. So I guess you can explain her absence this way but it still would have been nice if that would have at least been mentioned with 1 or 2 lines instead of completely ignoring her character. As a Jill fan I definitely cant wait to see what she has been doing since RE 5 and hope she is the main character of RE 7.

If some should be missed it would be Rebecca the last time she was mentioned was in Resident Evil 2. She was a playable Character in Resident Evil Zero and a Support Character in Resident Evil 1. Berry Burton the last time he was mentioned was in Resident Evil 3. He was a supportive character in Resident evil 1, a main character in Resident evil Gaiden and he briefly appeared in the end of Resident evil 3.

While Jill on the Other hand. She Appeared in Four games. Three of them she was the main character (1,3, and Revelations) and as a supportive character in Resident Evil 5.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If some should be missed it would be Rebecca the last time she was mentioned was in Resident Evil 2. She was a playable Character in Resident Evil Zero and a Support Character in Resident Evil 1. Berry Burton the last time he was mentioned was in Resident Evil 3. He was a supportive character in Resident evil 1, a main character in Resident evil Gaiden and he briefly appeared in the end of Resident evil 3.

While Jill on the Other hand. She Appeared in Four games. Three of them she was the main character (1,3, and Revelations) and as a supportive character in Resident Evil 5.
Why should she be missed? Don't get me wrong. I love Rebecca. But she was never a main cast member.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well because there are a lot of fans out there and i am one of them who loves her and wants to see her again.
But aside from fans wanting it, what logical reason is there to bring her back. I love Rebecca too. She's my second favorite female character only to Jill. But at this point, it's pointless to bring her back. She's not really relevant anymore. An explainer as to what happened to her is enough. They need to focus on honorable ways to RETIRE characters. Not bring them back. Even if they should bring characters back, why does Rebecca take more precedence than anybody else, logically speaking?

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
@KennedyKiller thats your opinion. Doesnt have to be mine. You sound like you try to tell me that I am "wrong" to think the way I do about this. But there is no right and wrong. There is your opinion and mine and they just happen to be different. I am not trying to convince you to see it my way, so please dont do that with me either. We´re just dont see eye to eye on this one I´m afraid.

maybe its because I am a comics fan. comic series like Superman, Batman or Wolverine have been ongoing for decades and they always will. Same with a story like for example Star Wars (another favorite franchise of mine). Started in 1977, now there will be a new trilogy of films starting in 2015. and there are hundreds of novels and comics that keep exploring the history and continue the story of Star Wars for another 20 or 30 years (cuurent novels take place about 30 years after Episode VI).

My favorite Tv shows Smallville and Buffy have ended but they are so popular that they are continued as comic books now with great success. Buffy will begin its 10th season this year as a comic series and Smallville is still doing Season 11 for the last two years. If people love something this much it doesnt have to end, it just needs to enter the next phase.

A great universe doesnt have to end, the stories of beloved characters doesnt need to be concluded by default. And just rebooting something is about the same lazy thing that movie producers do when they run out of ideas. I actually just had a similar discussion about reboots and such on another forum with somebody. And we both agreed that today movie producers and game developers have gotten so lazy that they just reboot every little thing every few years. But thats just lazy. Thats just the easy way out. Simply just doing everything from scratch instead of trying to build on what has been established. Sadly you remind me of those producers right now. Just tear it down and start anew. And then another reboot every 20 years. I dont need that and I dont want that.

But I am not trying to change your mind. If you believe that RE needs to be concluded and rebooted, then thats your business. But I dont agree and never will. And I dont have to. I want the series to go on with this story and these characters for a couple of decades. We dont get to conclude and reboot our own lives every 20 years either and I dont want to see that with my favorite franchises and story either.

So no offense, mate but I just dont agree with you. And I am not letting anybody tell me that the franchises that I love need to end. maybe for you they have to. And you have every right to wish for that. But not for me. Never for me. Thats just my opinion and it aint gonna change.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@KennedyKiller thats your opinion. Doesnt have to be mine. You sound like you try to tell me that I am "wrong" to think the way I do about this. But there is no right and wrong. There is your opinion and mine and they just happen to be different. I am not trying to convince you to see it my way, so please dont do that with me either. We´re just dont see eye to eye on this one I´m afraid.

maybe its because I am a comics fan. comic series like Superman, Batman or Wolverine have been ongoing for decades and they always will. Same with a story like for example Star Wars (another favorite franchise of mine). Started in 1977, now there will be a new trilogy of films starting in 2015. and there are hundreds of novels and comics that keep exploring the history and continue the story of Star Wars for another 20 or 30 years (cuurent novels take place about 30 years after Episode VI).

My favorite Tv shows Smallville and Buffy have ended but they are so popular that they are continued as comic books now with great success. Buffy will begin its 10th season this year as a comic series and Smallville is still doing Season 11 for the last two years. If people love something this much it doesnt have to end, it just needs to enter the next phase.

A great universe doesnt have to end, the stories of beloved characters doesnt need to be concluded by default. And just rebooting something is about the same lazy thing that movie producers do when they run out of ideas. I actually just had a similar discussion about reboots and such on another forum with somebody. And we both agreed that today movie producers and game developers have gotten so lazy that they just reboot every little thing every few years. But thats just lazy. Thats just the easy way out. Simply just doing everything from scratch instead of trying to build on what has been established. Sadly you remind me of those producers right now. Just tear it down and start anew. And then another reboot every 20 years. I dont need that and I dont want that.

But I am not trying to change your mind. If you believe that RE needs to be concluded and rebooted, then thats your business. But I dont agree and never will. And I dont have to. I want the series to go on with this story and these characters for a couple of decades. We dont get to conclude and reboot our own lives every 20 years either and I dont want to see that with my favorite franchises and story either.

So no offense, mate but I just dont agree with you. And I am not letting anybody tell me that the franchises that I love need to end. maybe for you they have to. And you have every right to wish for that. But not for me. Never for me. Thats just my opinion and it aint gonna change.
But comics exist in multiple different universes with multiple different writers, artists, and an infinite amount of possibilities. And they DON'T age. If they did, Peter Parker would be in his late 60's, Bruce Wayne would be Dead, and Wolverine would still be hot. Jokes aside, I am right in the All Series end. You cannot name a TV show, Movie, Game Series, ect. that hasn't. It's a fact that they do. So to keep RE going forever is essentially impossible. The closest they could do is reboot it, which would be an alternate cannon, just like How Ultimate Spider-Man is in a different Cannon than Amazing Spider-Man, which has ended, starting the NEW series Superior Spider-Man. It ended. Everything Does. Hell, even Superman ended in the 80's and was Rebooted in a sense. It may have been the 60's, but either way, even Superman ended and began again.

Turo602

The King of Kings
But comics exist in multiple different universes with multiple different writers, artists, and an infinite amount of possibilities. And they DON'T age. If they did, Peter Parker would be in his late 60's, Bruce Wayne would be Dead, and Wolverine would still be hot. Jokes aside, I am right in the All Series end. You cannot name a TV show, Movie, Game Series, ect. that hasn't.

The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Sonic, 007, just to name a few.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Ahem you do know that Amazing Spider-Man starts again this summer right, picking up where it ended? And you do know that Action Comics and Detective Comics have been ongoing for 70 years. You are obviously hellbent in forcing your opinion down my throat and wont rest before I come around to your way of thinking. sad to see that you are this intolerant, never would have thought of you like that. You just wont succeed I´m afraid. You have your opinion but it doesnt have be mine or anyone elses opinion. And standing here and saying you are right and everyone else is wrong makes you a pretty limited guy to be honest.

I wont let you tell me that what I think and what I prefer is "wrong". Thats my preference, my opinion and you dont have the right to tell me that its wrong. How about being a little more tolerant and civil and just accept that we have different opinions instead of acting like a fascist tyrant. Just because I like something a different way then you doesnt make me wrong. And you will never ever change my personal taste and preference so just give it up.

PS: Comic book characters do age, just not in real time. But Peter Parker certainly isnt the teenage high school kid from the 60s anymore. perfect example: Kitty Pryde. Look her up in 1981 and today. And then tell me again how comic book characters dont age.

What is the point of your post? That I am not allowed to miss Jill in RE 6 despite her being my favorite character because she was in several games already? I dont care if she would have been the main character in every game. I still would miss her in RE 6 and I dont think you have the right to tell me that I am not allowed to miss my favorite character. There are a lot of characters which we havent seen in a long time or for only 1 or two games. And I still didnt miss a single one of them as much as I missed jill in RE 6. Because she is my Jill. I can miss her as much as I want.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Sonic, 007, just to name a few.
I'll give you Double 007. But The others besides Sonic aren't one continuous story. RE is. So are most TV shows, movies, and games. Zelda takes places over several different time periods. Several alternate versions of Link. All the Sonic games take places within the span of a few years of each other. And a Discernible time-line has never been released for Mario as far as I know. Resident Evil takes place in REAL Time. The writers have stated that they all age in real time. So Logically, the characters would die of old age in real time.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ahem you do know that Amazing Spider-Man starts again this summer right, picking up where it ended? And you do know that Action Comics and Detective Comics have been ongoing for 70 years. You are obviously hellbent in forcing your opinion down my throat and wont rest before I come around to your way of thinking. sad to see that you are this intolerant, never would have thought of you like that. You just wont succeed I´m afraid. You have your opinion but it doesnt have be mine or anyone elses opinion. And standing here and saying you are right and everyone else is wrong makes you a pretty limited guy to be honest.
I do know it starts this summer. I"m already subscribed to it. But it ended. It's starting again, rebooting. But the story ended. It's picking up with SUPERIOR Spider-Man left off. The new series. I'm not being intolerant. I'm simply discussing. And I'm simply using facts to reinforce my point about how things end. You just don't like it. And yes, yes they have been going for over 70 years, but not as one continuous story.
I wont let you tell me that what I think and what I prefer is "wrong". Thats my preference, my opinion and you dont have the right to tell me that its wrong. How about being a little more tolerant and civil and just accept that we have different opinions instead of acting like a fascist tyrant. Just because I like something a different way then you doesnt make me wrong. And you will never ever change my personal taste and preference so just give it up.
I never once said your opinion was wrong. Opinion CAN'T be wrong. They're opinions. However, I said that I was right that everything comes to an end. And I am. I never said YOU were wrong.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Amazing and Superior is still the same ongoing story. all thats different is the title and the numbering but its the same ongoing story. Same with Uncanny X-men for example or Wolverines solo book. the numbering might have ended and begun with 1 again but its still the same ongoing story.

Another good example would be the Smallville and BUffy comics I mentioned.

Smallville Season 11 ran for 19 issues, then they changed the publishing format and now every episode is a miniseries with its own title and starts again with issue #1 for every episode. But every one of those is still part of the Season 11 story. they just changed the title and numbering but everything else is still the same and part of the same story.

Same with Buffy. every season starts with a new #1 issue. Season 8 had 40 issues, Season 9 had 50 (if you count both series Buffy and Angel & Faith which are both part of Season 9). Season 10 will start in March with #1 again. no reboot. new season but same ongoing story. Just like every season on TV starts with episode 1 again. And the Buffy comics series which continues the TV show is by now running just as long as the TV series did. But its all one saga and ongoing story.

I agree that many stories in fiction are ended and then concluded or rebooted but it most certainly doesnt apply to everything.

I am not even saying RE should never end. Of course it will end someday. I will die one day too. But I dont wanna die in the next 20 years and I dont want RE to end in the next 20 years either. Whats so bad about that?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'll give you Double 007. But The others aren't one continuous story. RE is. So are most TV shows, movies, and games. Zelda takes places over several different time periods. All the Sonic games take places within the span of a few years of each other. And a Discernible time-line has never been released for Mario as far as I know.

Actually, Mario has a canon and has been given a timeline, as has Donkey Kong. The Legend of Zelda is still one giant story about a curse forever tying bloodlines together for all eternity. Also, if you're willing to give me 007, doesn't that prove you wrong? If Capcom wanted to, Resident Evil can go on forever. Just look at Revelations. They could easily turn that into a side series that tells individual stories while using various main characters. Assassin's Creed also comes to mind.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Actually, Mario has a canon and has been given a timeline, as has Donkey Kong. The Legend of Zelda is still one giant story about a curse forever tying bloodlines together for all eternity. Also, if you're willing to give me 007, doesn't that prove you wrong? If Capcom wanted to, Resident Evil can go on forever. Just look at Revelations. They could easily turn that into a side series that tells individual stories while using various main characters. Just look at the Assassin's Creed series.
Side Series. Non-Cannon games. REboot. At the end of the day, it's not the same main story line that we're talking about right now. And that will end. All because of the real time factor. And I know Mario has a canonical story line, but we don't know (As far as I know, and if I'm wrong, feel free to explain it to me, because I really am interested in this) how far between each event is. Years. Days. Months. While Zelda is one big story, it never really deals with the same characters (In a sense), and it's MADE so that it can continue throughout the years. RE is simply not made the same way Zelda is. RE has a very real time, clear, cut, and dry storyline. Like I said, even Sonic is shown to have all those events taken place over the course of just a few years. Resident Evil has been going on in real time for 20 now, seeing as RE6 ends in the year 2015. Now can you imagine 20 years of fighting Bio-Terrorism. The stress that puts on the body. The mind. For the sake of character realism, it would end soon. And The reason I gave you 007 is because I really don't know enough about 007. Hell, it could fit within my explanation. 007 may have been being MADE for the last 40 years, but if the events canonically all only take place over the course of, let's say six years, it's entirely plausible that it's still going.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Side Series. Non-Cannon games. REboot. At the end of the day, it's not the same main story line that we're talking about right now. And that will end. All because of the real time factor. And I know Mario has a canonical story line, but we don't know (As far as I know, and if I'm wrong, feel free to explain it to me, because I really am interested in this) how far between each event is. Years. Days. Months. While Zelda is one big story, it never really deals with the same characters (In a sense), and it's MADE so that it can continue throughout the years. RE is simply not made the same way Zelda is. RE has a very real time, clear, cut, and dry storyline. Like I said, even Sonic is shown to have all those events taken place over the course of just a few years. Resident Evil has been going on in real time for 20 now, seeing as RE6 ends in the year 2015. Now can you imagine 20 years of fighting Bio-Terrorism. The stress that puts on the body. The mind. For the sake of character realism, it would end soon. And The reason I gave you 007 is because I really don't know enough about 007. Hell, it could fit within my explanation. 007 may have been being MADE for the last 40 years, but if the events canonically all only take place over the course of, let's say six years, it's entirely plausible that it's still going.

Side series or not, Revelations is canon. It's all part of the same story. Time frame is irrelevant to whether or not something continuing on forever is plausible. Just look at the Simpsons. It's been nearly 30 years and Bart is still 10 after so many Halloweens and Christmases. Some stories are made to last forever. A story's end is not determined by characters or age. Resident Evil, like you said is one giant story, yet is made up of many characters. What's to stop Capcom from telling older stories in-between events and telling newer stories with characters like Sherry, Jake, and Sheva? Chris dying doesn't end a series, Wesker's death certainly didn't. They built off of that and gave us Jake. As long as Resident Evil sells, Capcom can keep making up whatever the hell they want to keep the story going. You loving the main characters and wanting their end to end the series doesn't change the fact that Resident Evil can go another 17/18 years with the majority of the games having a different cast. Power Rangers has done it, Doctor Who has done it. You just lack the creativity to see that not everything has to end.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Side series or not, Revelations is canon. It's all part of the same story. Time frame is irrelevant to whether or not something continuing on forever is plausible. Just look at the Simpsons. It's been nearly 30 years and Bart is still 10 after so many Halloweens and Christmases. Some stories are made to last forever. A story's end is not determined by characters or age. Resident Evil, like you said is one giant story, yet is made up of many characters. What's to stop Capcom from telling older stories in-between events and telling newer stories with characters like Sherry, Jake, and Sheva? Chris dying doesn't end a series, Wesker's death certainly didn't. They built off of that and gave us Jake. As long as Resident Evil sells, Capcom can keep making up whatever the hell they want to keep the story going. You loving the main characters and wanting their end to end the series doesn't change the fact that Resident Evil can go another 17/18 years with the majority of the games having a different cast. Power Rangers has done it, Doctor Who has done it. You just lack the creativity to see that not everything has to end.
Simpsons will eventually end as well. When Matt Greoning (SP) retires, who will go on. It may survive. It may not. It has nothing to do with lacking creativity. Power Rangers did it. You're right. And Power Rangers started to suck after about 10 seasons. But again, each new series of Power Rangers. Mighty Morphin, Wild Force, Time Force. Lightspeed Rescue. Those all didn't coincide story wise. I mean, a few did. But not in any way the was REALLY all the relevant. You can start with Power Rangers: Wild Force which I believe is season 10, and not have to know ANYTHING about the previous seasons of Power Rangers. Hell, you don't even have to know there ARE previous seasons of power rangers, for the story to make sense. Revelations is Canon. Not a side story at all. Capcom has stated that it's part of the Main canon. Dead Aim is canon as well, however, it's not part of the main canon. I'm not saying Resident Evil can't go on, but this main storyline that has gone on for almost 20 years does have to end. The fans are ALREADY complaining that the direction RE has taken is AWFUL (And I'm as unbiased as it gets here, because I love were RE has gone), so let's add 20 more years to that. And when a game is made in Real Time, like RE is, then the story IS determined by a character's age. Because if Capcom decides that RE7 will take place in 2025 then Chris will be in his late 50's/early 60's. Do we really want to play as a saggy Chris Redfield, who gets punched and his bones break? Real Time is a very relevant factor in Capcom continuing RE's story, and that is undeniable. That's all I'm trying to say here. Is that when it comes to Resident Evil, they way Capcom has made it there ARE limitations to what they can do with the current cast as time goes on.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Simpsons will eventually end as well. When Matt Greoning (SP) retires, who will go on. It may survive. It may not. It has nothing to do with lacking creativity. Power Rangers did it. You're right. And Power Rangers started to suck after about 10 seasons. But again, each new series of Power Rangers. Mighty Morphin, Wild Force, Time Force. Lightspeed Rescue. Those all didn't coincide story wise. I mean, a few did. But not in any way the was REALLY all the relevant. You can start with Power Rangers: Wild Force which I believe is season 10, and not have to know ANYTHING about the previous seasons of Power Rangers. Hell, you don't even have to know there ARE previous seasons of power rangers, for the story to make sense. Revelations is Canon. Not a side story at all. Capcom has stated that it's part of the Main canon. Dead Aim is canon as well, however, it's not part of the main canon. I'm not saying Resident Evil can't go on, but this main storyline that has gone on for almost 20 years does have to end. The fans are ALREADY complaining that the direction RE has taken is AWFUL (And I'm as unbiased as it gets here, because I love were RE has gone), so let's add 20 more years to that. And when a game is made in Real Time, like RE is, then the story IS determined by a character's age. Because if Capcom decides that RE7 will take place in 2025 then Chris will be in his late 50's/early 60's. Do we really want to play as a saggy Chris Redfield, who gets punched and his bones break? Real Time is a very relevant factor in Capcom continuing RE's story, and that is undeniable. That's all I'm trying to say here. Is that when it comes to Resident Evil, they way Capcom has made it there ARE limitations to what they can do with the current cast as time goes on.

You keep saying more of the same and it doesn't make a difference. Again, you keep limiting the potential of the series by the characters. Who says 2025 has to be about Chris? You're limiting the options. For all we know, Alex Wesker can show up as young as ever in the year 2064 and Chris' kid will be there to bring him down. Like I said, they can make up whatever lore they want to keep the story going. Chris, Wesker, Leon, Jill, etc. are the ones making the series continue. What's the difference between any one of them and some new guy who the series can focus on? Sh*t, Leon was some new guy, why did he ever return?

Also, no one is saying The Simpsons will go on forever. You're missing the point entirely. Some stories, like The Simpsons are made so that they can go on forever. Why else do you think it has been on so long? Same with 007. The guy can go on so many missions and doesn't even have to age. Just keep recasting him. There are no limits to creativity, plain and simple.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You keep saying more of the same and it doesn't make a difference. Again, you keep limiting the potential of the series by the characters. Who says 2025 has to be about Chris? You're limiting the options. For all we know, Alex Wesker can show up as young as ever in the year 2064 and Chris' kid will be there to bring him down. Like I said, they can make up whatever lore they want to keep the story going. Chris, Wesker, Leon, Jill, etc. are the ones making the series continue. What's the difference between any one of them and some new guy who the series can focus on? Sh*t, Leon was some new guy, why did he ever return?

Also, no one is saying The Simpsons will go on forever. You're missing the point entirely. Some stories, like The Simpsons are made so that they can go on forever. Why else do you think it has been on so long? Same with 007. The guy can go on so many missions and doesn't even have to age. Just keep recasting him. There are no limits to creativity, plain and simple.
Ok, I'll admit, there are stories that can. But they are few and far between. MOST stories aren't made to go on, and RE is no exception. And even those that DO go on, tend to get weaker as they go. Earlier, one of the first things I said was all GREAT series' eventually end. MacGyver ended. M*A*S*H* Ended. Friends Ended. Full House Ended. Harry Potter ended. Hunger Games ended. I can go on with other titles that are considered "Great" (Even If I don't agree with that) but they all found a suitable stopping point. And USUALLY it's within a good 10 canonical Years. After that fans tend to think it's getting old, repetitive, unoriginal, and other synonyms for Lackluster. People are ALREADY feeling this way about RE. Why continue it when with the direction they're going seems like they're getting REALLY close to a great stopping point. A point where they can honorably end the story. And start over. New characters, like Chris' son could be A ok. But save it for a reboot. A totally different canon. I LOVED the DmC reboot. I thought it stayed VERY true to what DMC is. And the new story was great. But it was a new story NOT connected with the previous games. If it was part of the same canon I would have HATED it. But at the end of the day, a great series, will stop when it's Run its course. I've been with RE for YEARS, and I think that time is coming. I think MOST fans think that time came and went with RE5.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
What is the point of your post? That I am not allowed to miss Jill in RE 6 despite her being my favorite character because she was in several games already? I dont care if she would have been the main character in every game. I still would miss her in RE 6 and I dont think you have the right to tell me that I am not allowed to miss my favorite character. There are a lot of characters which we havent seen in a long time or for only 1 or two games. And I still didnt miss a single one of them as much as I missed jill in RE 6. Because she is my Jill. I can miss her as much as I want.

I never said that you aren't allowed to miss Jill. all what i am saying is instead of bringing Chirs, Jill and Leon to every single game. they should have a rest. and allow other Characters such as Barry, Rebecca and Claire to take over for a while.

But aside from fans wanting it, what logical reason is there to bring her back. I love Rebecca too. She's my second favorite female character only to Jill. But at this point, it's pointless to bring her back. She's not really relevant anymore. An explainer as to what happened to her is enough. They need to focus on honorable ways to RETIRE characters. Not bring them back. Even if they should bring characters back, why does Rebecca take more precedence than anybody else, logically speaking?

Well i think that Rebecca and Barry should have a better closure than what they got.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Ok, I'll admit, there are stories that can. But they are few and far between. MOST stories aren't made to go on, and RE is no exception. And even those that DO go on, tend to get weaker as they go. Earlier, one of the first things I said was all GREAT series' eventually end. MacGyver ended. M*A*S*H* Ended. Friends Ended. Full House Ended. Harry Potter ended. Hunger Games ended. I can go on with other titles that are considered "Great" (Even If I don't agree with that) but they all found a suitable stopping point. And USUALLY it's within a good 10 canonical Years. After that fans tend to think it's getting old, repetitive, unoriginal, and other synonyms for Lackluster. People are ALREADY feeling this way about RE. Why continue it when with the direction they're going seems like they're getting REALLY close to a great stopping point. A point where they can honorably end the story. And start over. New characters, like Chris' son could be A ok. But save it for a reboot. A totally different canon. I LOVED the DmC reboot. I thought it stayed VERY true to what DMC is. And the new story was great. But it was a new story NOT connected with the previous games. If it was part of the same canon I would have HATED it. But at the end of the day, a great series, will stop when it's Run its course. I've been with RE for YEARS, and I think that time is coming. I think MOST fans think that time came and went with RE5.

A-ha! But Super Mario is a great series and that'll never end. Also, people say everything is getting stale, yet they buy into it all the time. Assassin's Creed is stale, selling like hot cakes, Resident Evil sucks, selling by the millions, Sonic should die, yet he reaches platinum status... If Sonic can do it, Resident Evil surely can. All they need to do is find their sweet spot with the fans in terms of gameplay. Story, that's a whole other thing. Not that I want that to happen to Resident Evil, but it's completely doable.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
A-ha! But Super Mario is a great series and that'll never end. Also, people say everything is getting stale, yet they buy into it all the time. Assassin's Creed is stale, selling like hot cakes, Resident Evil sucks, selling by the millions, Sonic should die, yet he reaches platinum status... If Sonic can do it, Resident Evil surely can. All they need to do is find their sweet spot with the fans in terms of gameplay. Story, that's a whole other thing. Not that I want that to happen to Resident Evil, but it's completely doable.
Lol. There you go. I'm not saying it it CAN'T be done. I'm saying it SHOULDN'T be done. And I don't think it CAN be done and still be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom