• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does resdient evil still scare you?

Does resident evil still scare you?

• Yes

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

Gahg

so yeah i just decided to put this because ever since RE:4 the scaryness level went way down...i think the las plagus totally runied it...(well not totally i still love the games) but still i think that capcom should go back to the T-virus i mean that would be bad ass with the next gen systemes out just think about hi def rotting skin :D xD anyways i just wanted to know does it still scare you or do you feel the same way that i do that when they brought in las plagus that it totally killed the scaryness factor ^_^

A_Wesker123

The Original
Yeah i agree with you on this. The newer games aren't as scary as the earlier games (Not that they were that scary to begin with). Although i think there are still some 'jumpy' moments in RE4 & RE5 such as Oven Man but there isn't really anything that really sacres me.

As i said in another topic they have taken it in a new direction and made the game more 'panic-scary' than regualr horror scary.

Gahg

yay someone agress with me...and yeah there are some jumpy parts in re4 and 5 (i cant rember much from re4) but in number 5 the only part that made me jump was walking through the cave when sheva had to hold the light for you -_- learned the hard way DONT SHOOT THEIR HEAD IN THE DAMN CAVE xD

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
it doesnt scare me to play it, just there are a few bits that maybe make me jump, especially in the older ones, when you havent played in years and you play them again, and just forget whats about to happen, and then something drops out on you etc..
but in general, they don't freak me at all.
i think it has something to do with the envirment the game is set in, like RE1, in a mansion, even tho its large, then corridors and such were quite small, and strikes the "fear factor", but like RE4, its mainly out in the open, where you can pretty much see eveything, that kinda stuff doesnt do anything for me...

Gahg

lol yeah i wounded what would happen if they made a resident evil/silent hill game ...that might be preaty freaky

alonecrow

well, it depends about how you describe scare..
if you don't like zombies creeping on you inside the dark environment, the answer should be no..
but if you don't like any creature jump on you at every occasion, and every opportunity (without you know it), the answer should be yes..

Tallahassee

on re i was walking past a corner on the ship near the end and around the corner a dog jumped on me.....killed me....was talking while playing....

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Nothing scary in the game, but the atmosphere is somewhat creepy some places.
I jumped a few times, but scared? No.
I wish it would really scare me haha.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
The original few games and the REmake definitely scare me, but the newer have certainly lost that angle.

I just have found it's taken a step away from being survival horror towards being more action-oriented. RE 5 didn't frighten me. I mean, yes, there are some moments where you get hit because you weren't expecting to- but on the whole, I just didn't find that it was intended to be scary in the production stages.

RE 4 has a bit more moments, particularly in the castle and with the regenerators or garradors- it had an eerie atmosphere. But still again- when you take away the 'survival' aspect, it doesn't really work anymore.

I think one of the reasons RE was frightening is because you didn't have alot of ammo, so you had to dodge alot more often. Additionally, the settings were dark, and the music was for the most part, quiet. RE 4 and 5's characteristics don't really seem to 'fit' in, so I def. think that the series in general has lost it's ability to provide any genuine frights.

Hoady

There is not one thing thats scary about RE5 the whole panic thing they implanted in our minds can happen in any game with guns well to a reasonable extent if you run out of ammo or your friends dieing in some insane fight then yeah you probably can get a rush out of it but its certainly not a tad bit scary."Fear you can't forget"obviously was just ridiculous yes if i was in that situation i'd poo my dacks for weeks but they didn't have to make it sound as if it some form of scariness because it did nothing for me.

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

I have not had a scary moment in the RE series since Nemesis, despite veronica X being the last of the survival horror in the main series, in many ways it failed to make me jump as most of the situations were predictable and expected, and over the years the fear has more or less left the series to its point of nearly entirely...

Sure Dr Salvador, Garradors, Chainsaw manjini's, Executioners and Reapers could make you feel "uneasy" to be around, but as far as "WOAH **** WHAT WAS THAT?" moments....they have all but ceased to exist.

Hoady

I've practically beaten RE2 but it wasn't scary except for a pop up or two, i think its because i played resident evil 0 when it first came out so i can't take those old playstation graphics in terms of horror seriously.When the RE0 and 1 come out on wii i hope to see myself terrified its been along time since i've had a game which can truely scare the hell out of me and thats what i need again.

aintnoscrub

Premium
if 1 and 0 are anything like on gamecube, then they won't be that scary.
just a few more jumpy moments.

Trinity

The classics,totally.
No matter how old the graphics are,it's still damn scary
I still look under the bed sometimes ;)

Hoady

iHadeSsS;38555 said:
if 1 and 0 are anything like on gamecube, then they won't be that scary.
just a few more jumpy moments.

I was about 11 when i played zero but it did scare me awesomely me and my friend set the mood right haha we opened the windows and doors,turned off the lights and cranked up the sound real loud.Man i can say i probably did my pants more then a few times.

Well same thing as above but by myself i'm sure it could be intense.

strikesback5

A little, but not much. RE isn't a survival horror franchise anymore, it's become more of a third-person shooter franchise since they took out zombies and scary stuff.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Resident Evil scared the crap out of me when it was first released on the PSX. Funnily enough, it still gives me the willies even to this day - and I'm 23! :p

L Kennedy

i dont find the RE games scary any more, but when i was younger (11-12 years) i sometimes run home from friends when it was dark after playing RE2 xD

aintnoscrub

Premium
Hoady;38614 said:
I was about 11 when i played zero but it did scare me awesomely me and my friend set the mood right haha we opened the windows and doors,turned off the lights and cranked up the sound real loud.Man i can say i probably did my pants more then a few times.

Well same thing as above but by myself i'm sure it could be intense.

aha i did exactly the same thing when i first got REmake and 0 lol, late night sesh, surround sound, no lights Lol, first round is always creepy, just because of the atmosphere

Top Bottom