• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Does anyone still play?

The_A_Drain

Sorry if I'm necro-ing a dead post but I still play. This game means a lot to me and I've spent the last month solid playing it almost once every day finally culminating in this:

PSX PAL version played on an original PS2, afaik this is the fastest time recorded on PS1 version although I think there might be differences with the timer in PAL version because personally I made a lot of mistakes in this run, and It's nowhere near as clean as Trevor Seguins run of th JP version, but somehow 5 seconds faster.

Anyhoo, I still play I freakin love this game but I think I'm done with it for a while now, going to move onto another game.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not that people here still play resident evil 2 till this day.

It may be old, but is one hell of a game i must say! :D

Personally i still find it still one of the most scariest games ever made, even more so than those of todays horror games.. What are your thoughts about this??

Also, if you haven't played this game yet, DO so, you won't regret it! ;)
Scariest game? I disagree.

I do still play it from time to time. I havnt beaten it yet though.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I actually just popped it in today. Ah, nostalgia :) Gotta admit though, since my memory card erased everything I'm cheating and using the infinite ammo lolz.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
RE2 is one of my favourite games and I would really love to play it again, but it won't work for some reasons, although it still worked perfectly only a few months ago... That's the main problem with computers compared to consoles: If you have a console, you just put the game in and play. If you have a computer, you need to install it first and it still might not work because one little detail about your PC is not compatible with the game. Or, in my case, it suddenly stops working and I would have to hire a psychic to figure out why...

Lonesurvivor2127

I be playing it very soon because every time a new game comes out i like to play the games in order before playing the new game. Like Zero and RE 1 remake I have saved before the end boss fights. But for RE2, RE3, Re: CV.Ill playing them all the way through on the game cube. Then so on until i get my hands on RE6!!!!

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I know it's definitely not as gratifying using infinite ammo as apposed to doing it the hard way, but damn is this game fun and nostalgia still runs rampant through me. Headshots with the magnum ftw.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I actually just popped it in today. Ah, nostalgia :) Gotta admit though, since my memory card erased everything I'm cheating and using the infinite ammo lolz.
LOL I just popped it in last night.... I quit cause I dont like Lickers in the dark... but I gotta admit there not as bad as hunters.... especially when you got the unlimited M. gun aaand R. launcher (Cause RE2 be Ghetto)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I made my sister play this the other day. She got to the spiders in the sewers but didn't want to go past them, when she worked up the courage there was a glitch and a spider fell towards the screen, she freaked out and threw the controller across the room, I have never laughed so hard haha :D

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Sorry if I'm necro-ing a dead post but I still play. This game means a lot to me and I've spent the last month solid playing it almost once every day finally culminating in this:

PSX PAL version played on an original PS2, afaik this is the fastest time recorded on PS1 version although I think there might be differences with the timer in PAL version because personally I made a lot of mistakes in this run, and It's nowhere near as clean as Trevor Seguins run of th JP version, but somehow 5 seconds faster.

Anyhoo, I still play I freakin love this game but I think I'm done with it for a while now, going to move onto another game.

Back before the forum got a revamp (I wanna say it was 2-3 years ago) we had multiple people beating the 1 hour 12 min mark by quite a few mins. I know I personally have.. but trust me when I say we didn't do it easily lol. We were having to do everything perfect. i.e. never running against the wall, weaving in and out of the zombies, literally memorizing every step you had to take, etc. We had a lot of fun trying to outdo each other.

Pau Diaz

Explorer of facts
Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not that people here still play resident evil 2 till this day.

It may be old, but is one hell of a game i must say! :D

Personally i still find it still one of the most scariest games ever made, even more so than those of todays horror games.. What are your thoughts about this??

Also, if you haven't played this game yet, DO so, you won't regret it! ;)

I still play Resident Evil 2, for research purposes. I still find the backdrops fascinating. For its time, RE2 featured some of the best background images, after RE3, that is. The believable environment was first created in the second Resident Evil game and what came after couldn't have been made possible without RE2's fine artists.

Ecspo

Noob
Just bought the game for PS3, and have to say, I enjoy it so much. I always shied away from Horror games as a kid. Gutted I didn't play this earlier.

-Zero-

I would still be playing it but I need another copy. Prices on Ebay right now are through the bloody roof though!

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I still play it,but on my ps3. My dear brother damaged one of the Cds so bad,that i can only play as Claire.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I still play sometimes.

Used to have RE2 and 3 on my PS1 when I was younger, but then my dad got a PS2 and lost the PS1.

On the PS2 we had Outbreak which was pretty hard to play on your own. Then RE4 came out and instantly I knew it was a classic. Played the hell out of it on PS2.

Then I got a PS3 and bought RE1, 2, and 3 on the PSN Store and put them on my PSP. Also bought RE5 for PS3, but was really unsatisfied.

Then I got a 360 and got RE4 HD and Code Veronica. Still yet to finish Code Veronica.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I find Veronica quite difficult actually. Maybe it's because I haven't played it before.

Top Bottom