• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Does anyone still play?

Torque

Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not that people here still play resident evil 2 till this day.

It may be old, but is one hell of a game i must say! :D

Personally i still find it still one of the most scariest games ever made, even more so than those of todays horror games.. What are your thoughts about this??

Also, if you haven't played this game yet, DO so, you won't regret it! ;)

Torque

aintnoscrub;47367 said:
I still play from time to time, but only to do speeruns. I think i've played that game to death.

yea, i'm into improving my times for speed runs whenever i get free time on my hands, i'm still a lil slow compared to some others but im gradually improving.

i was thinking that maybe when i get a pretty good time, perhaps the next run i will record, will be a while tho xD

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I havent done a time i yet think i should record, but i always get a picture of the time at the end so i got proof.
So far im getting an hour and a half or around that time.

Torque

wow, that's still pretty good

i recently played after years and got like 2.15:59

tryna get into the 1:30's

aintnoscrub

Premium
If i could master my route now and get under 1.30 then i would get it recorded and put up so everyone could see.
2 hours is above average when it comes to re2, so keep aiming for that and your obviously doing something right lol.

Torque

haha, yea tru, sumtimes i can get my routes mixed up and end up taking the long way around to get to places :/, i generally try to avoid as many zombies as possible by running around them, i certainly think this is vital if u wish to have a good speed run time

iNFiN1TY

iSmooshU;47376 said:
indeed it is, do u remember the time u cleared it in?

Thats a hard one, ive been playing RE since the beginning its a long time ago for me to remember :D I do remember that i was like.. HUH when it wasnt over yet ^^ & i was playing for serveral days in a row! I still got the orginal save though on a memory card :)

those where the days.

aintnoscrub

Premium
iSmooshU;47374 said:
haha, yea tru, sumtimes i can get my routes mixed up and end up taking the long way around to get to places :/, i generally try to avoid as many zombies as possible by running around them, i certainly think this is vital if u wish to have a good speed run time

Yerp thats the first rule of speedruns with resident evil, you got to avoid as many zombies as you can, and only shoot what you have to, otherwise your wasting valuable time.

Torque

iNFiN1TY;47384 said:
Thats a hard one, ive been playing RE since the beginning its a long time ago for me to remember :D I do remember that i was like.. HUH when it wasnt over yet ^^ & i was playing for serveral days in a row! I still got the orginal save though on a memory card :)

those where the days.

haha, thats good, perhaps u should try to do a speedrun if your good at it and know your way around pretty well, i found it more interesting nd fun to try and get a really quick time.. i've never really been the searching type to see what else i can find :S

iNFiN1TY

I always love exploring & sight seeing, mostly i do some exploring and look thru everything in a RE game, than when i finished it, im going for ''time record breakings & unlockables'' haha.

ResidentZelda

Haha I still playing this game to be exact I'm playing it right now lol XD, but my best time is 1:58:something.....LOL yeah I have never gotten to that time again :(

iSmooshU;47365 said:
Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not that people here still play resident evil 2 till this day.
Are you kidding? I've been playing it for the past week over and over again.

Torque

013;47438 said:
Are you kidding? I've been playing it for the past week over and over again.

Cool! Do you play it for speed runs? or just for the fun of it? perhaps both? xD

iSmooshU;47442 said:
Cool! Do you play it for speed runs? or just for the fun of it? perhaps both? xD

Both. And like what infinity said, I like to explore and check stuff out.

Torque

013;47469 said:
Both. And like what infinity said, I like to explore and check stuff out.

i only really do it the first time around, after that, since ive already explored, i just go for the fast clearance times

Top Bottom