• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Does anyone still play?

loathsbane

on hard mode you need to kill him every chance you get for the infinite bullet case, while you can outrun him he follows you almost everywhere. if you can kill him, do it. of course capcom thought it would be a good idea to make the majority of your nemesis encounters in extremely cramped narrow passageways. it's worth it in hardmode, deagle, western custom shotgun, and an infinite bullet case. of course if it's normal mode, you shouldn't ever have any problems... capcom tosses you everything you'll need for the entire game from the get go.

Micrathena

iSmooshU;47365 said:
Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not that people here still play resident evil 2 till this day.

It may be old, but is one hell of a game i must say! :D

Personally i still find it still one of the most scariest games ever made, even more so than those of todays horror games.. What are your thoughts about this??

Also, if you haven't played this game yet, DO so, you won't regret it! ;)

I haven't played it in awhile but I still like to play it ever now and then. I should actually go back to it soon xD I need another game to keep me busy when I'm bored =p

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bruno;63563 said:
I always dodge all enemies, it's easy to dodge in RE3, the only challenge will be the bosses, especially Nemesis in the clock tower.

I don't know exactly how it worked...I just kind of randomly did the dodging. I remember using Carlos in the Hospital and dodging a Hunter, and Carlos had actually rolled and sat up on one leg and one knee, and I always thought that was wierd.

Anyway, I always make a comment about how the primitive dodge system was perfected, for no better word, in RE4.:)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Spike991;64334 said:
I don't know exactly how it worked...I just kind of randomly did the dodging. I remember using Carlos in the Hospital and dodging a Hunter, and Carlos had actually rolled and sat up on one leg and one knee, and I always thought that was wierd.

Anyway, I always make a comment about how the primitive dodge system was perfected, for no better word, in RE4.:)

Haha, the dodging system seems to be random because it uses the same button the 'fire' key does; so when you're in panic because an enemy is too close and press the 'fire' key, your character dodges instead (because the enemy had started the attack).
It happens to me sometimes, especially with dogs, hunters and nemesis, because they are very fast.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bruno;64340 said:
Haha, the dodging system seems to be random because it uses the same button the 'fire' key does; so when you're in panic because an enemy is too close and press the 'fire' key, your character dodges instead (because the enemy had started the attack).
It happens to me sometimes, especially with dogs, hunters and nemesis, because they are very fast.

Yes, that sounds about right, I especially remembered it in Mercenaries, because it would dodge the cerberus, and give me like 2 seconds or whatever it was.:)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I love my Resident Evil 2 lol. I'm amazed my Gamecube has lasted this long so I actually can play it. I had it on the PS1 before, but my PS1 has been looonnng gone haha.

Geez...I know this game like the back of my hand :lol:

loathsbane

yeah re2 is without a doubt my favorite game of all time, i just recently deleted all my files (minus hunk and tofu) so i can start fresh without all the infinite weapons (so i won't be tempted).

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
Brilliant game! Still have it on game cube, its the first RE game I ever played and the third most played out of all of them =D I still have the walk through in my head so I remember exactly what to do, even the answers to the puzzles too lol

Cyberote

Played it last month I believe. Idc how many times I've played through an RE game. I still find MUCH enjoyment in them. Like RE4. I know I've played through that game at least 35 times and I still enjoy it! Idk how many times I've played through the REmake. Less than RE4, but still quite a bit!

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Hey guys, I was wondering whether or not that people here still play resident evil 2 till this day.

Personally i still find it still one of the most scariest games ever made, even more so than those of todays horror games.. What are your thoughts about this??

Ofcourse I still play it, I atleast do a run every year or so. Not one of my personal favs but one of the best as far as story goes.

nradams

Niki

To this day RE2 is by far my favorite game to play. That is including all the newer ones! It was the first game of the series that I played so maybe that's why, but also I really like Claire and Leon so that probably contributes as well. I always remember being a little kid like ten years old and seeing the licker for the first time. It scared the **** out of me!

B.Martin

Please read the thread started by me last week, proof that i still play it. I was saying to a few freinds on facebook the other day that there are very few PSone games that i can still play today and enjoy, this is by far top of the list of those games.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I just beat it for the first time about three or four weeks ago. My time was like 4 :40. I'll probably play it again in a year or two. I still need to beat CVX.

Carter478

I bought the first RE Directors Cut game off the Playstation Network and have played it a lot so I know it in and out.

I recently made a US account and ordered a US PSN card so I can buy 2 and 3 off the American store since we don't have them here :/ they are the only RE games I haven't played yet D: Its hard to admit

Dante47

Fanboys May Cry
I bought it again on PSN. I forgot how well it holds up. Its still a blast to play, so yeah, I still play.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I've been wanting to give it another round ever since I got the PSN download for free, but I haven't yet. I should, before ORC. I suppose I'm running out of time.

PunkMaister

My first RE game was RE3 and I loved it and now I got RE1, RE2 Leon & Claire, RE3 and RE Survivor and I now understand why they say the 2nd RE was about the best of them all. They were not kidding. The only thing that is not very likable about RE2 is when one has to play the Cherry character.

Top Bottom