• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do your Resident Evil 2 Discs still work?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I wish I could tell my younger self...WAIT YOU'RE LETTING GOLD SLIP THROUGH YOUR FINGERS, then after I pick up the gold I dropped tell myself to be more careful with my old games. Those things are priceless or ~80 to $200 depending. I had to rebuy final fantasy VIII ....IV times! I was a negligent child.

You're lucky, the bastard costs 90 dollars now. I would love to own a gamecube but I decided on a smartphone instead. I hate how my practical brain gets in the way.
I honestly don't even know how it happened...Just the box that had SEVERAL of my collectibles, including half of my Resident Evil games, was just gone. I didn't have anyone "Professional" help me move, and the only friend I had help me ALSO collects Resident Evil, so I as able to look at his collection and discern that he didn't take them..I just have NO idea what happened..

RustyRedField

Lord Hamster
My brother used to play as Leon all the time,so obviously now the disc is too damaged to be played.
It jams everytime there´s a dialogue and the sound gets all crazy.For exemple, that scene right in the beginning where Leon talks to that black officer? Sometimes i start hearing dialogues from the end of the game as well.I get both frustrated and amused.

^^^^ but too add on to it my Claire disc freezes and I have to te my ps2 to get it to continue the cutscene. Luckily it only affects the RPD portion of the game.

ToriJ

Resident Critic
I still have my hard copy for the PlayStation and both discs still work. My brother and I always took great care of our games. The only ones that tend to have scratches are ones we rented or bought used.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I still have my hard copy for the PlayStation and both discs still work. My brother and I always took great care of our games. The only ones that tend to have scratches are ones we rented or bought used.
Well lucky you.Taking great care of things it´s not always possible... exemple? once i spilled milk over my Psp by accident...

RedPanda

4x the awesome
My RE 2 discs still work fine, but my PS2 doesn't. It only plays DVDs and not CDs (something wrong with the laser I think), so I use my PS3 to play RE2.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
My RE 2 discs still work fine, but my PS2 doesn't. It only plays DVDs and not CDs (something wrong with the laser I think), so I use my PS3 to play RE2.

Your PS2 used to read Ps1 games? Mine didn´t. Anyways i had that problem too on my ps2 fat version. And now i do the same as you.I play the Ps1 games i have ( the ones tthat work that is XD) on my ps3. =)

iNFiN1TY

The very first version of RE2 I had was when my dad bought it, both discs got scratched and ruined and only Leon's ended up working.

But now I have a brand new PS1 copy, the very rare boxed PC version and a digital version on PS3, Actually I have the same for all 3 original RE games :)
Can't be too careful.
capture1_by_wesker500-d7ql1hd.jpg

Nice. I envy your 1 and 2 big box. If you ever need to get rid of them, pm me. ;)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
^---- This is my reply pretty exactly. ----^

Preeve

I have the US version of Resident Evil: Directors Cut (non-DS) for PS1 and I have the digital version on PSN. I have the a Japanese copy of Resident Evil 2 (or Biohazard 2) for PS1 as well as the English digital copy on PSN and I don't have any physical copies of RE3: Nemesis, just the PSN version. Lucky I have a modded PS1 so I can play any non-PAL game.

Preeve

Your PS2 used to read Ps1 games? Mine didn´t. Anyways i had that problem too on my ps2 fat version. And now i do the same as you.I play the Ps1 games i have ( the ones tthat work that is XD) on my ps3. =)
Same as me. My PS2 used to run coloured discs years ago (blue discs and PS1 discs) but it either cannot or struggles to do so (Tekken Tag Tournament is the coloured disc that works). Now I play my PS1 discs on my PS1, PS3 or on an emulator.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Same as me. My PS2 used to run coloured discs years ago (blue discs and PS1 discs) but it either cannot or struggles to do so (Tekken Tag Tournament is the coloured disc that works). Now I play my PS1 discs on my PS1, PS3 or on an emulator.
Out of all the blue PS2 discs I can't play, Tekken Tag Tournament is the one I miss the most :( Yeah, recently my PS2 would take like 10 tries to read blue discs, but now they just don't work at all

Top Bottom