• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do your Resident Evil 2 Discs still work?

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I know that people can acctually buy the games on playstation store these days and all,but since i´m one of the people who can´t have it or afford it, i ´ve made this thread outta pure curiosity.
I still have my Playstation 1 version.But... only Claire Disc works ( well kinda...).
My brother used to play as Leon all the time,so obviously now the disc is too damaged to be played.
It jams everytime there´s a dialogue and the sound gets all crazy.For exemple, that scene right in the beginning where Leon talks to that black officer? Sometimes i start hearing dialogues from the end of the game as well.I get both frustrated and amused.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have the Dreamcast version, and to the best of my knowledge, yeah, they both still work. I'm actually replaying through them right now.

Evil Yuna

I currently play my Resident Evil 2 on my Ps3. I don ´t think that,in my case,it´s the console that´s the problem...

moony

can u see any lighter spots on the disc? due to oxidation the disc may have corroded.. happens when your acidius fingers eat away the layer over the years!

had it happen with dvds:(

and emi had a badge of bad ink which rotted the cds they made those years..

anyway.. fingerprints are BAD!

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I have RE 2 for Gamecube and you better believe that sucker still works. My video games are my babies lol. I originally had RE 2 for the PS1 when I was a kid but my baby brother got ahold of my Claire disc and broke it, therefore breaking my heart. But hey, it's alright.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have RE 2 for Gamecube and you better believe that sucker still works. My video games are my babies lol. I originally had RE 2 for the PS1 when I was a kid but my baby brother got ahold of my Claire disc and broke it, therefore breaking my heart. But hey, it's alright.
...So...The disc was a Horcruxe?

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
A moment of silence for your resident evil 2 disk.............

I'm sad because all of my original playstation game cases got lost while moving

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
They made RE2 for gamecube?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yep. I was browsing at Target one day, several years back lol....and found ONE last copy. I bought RE3 for the GameCube as well.
I knew RE3 was on there, but I though RE1 and 2 weren't. But you learn something new everyday.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The very first version of RE2 I had was when my dad bought it, both discs got scratched and ruined and only Leon's ended up working.

But now I have a brand new PS1 copy, the very rare boxed PC version and a digital version on PS3, Actually I have the same for all 3 original RE games :)
Can't be too careful.
capture1_by_wesker500-d7ql1hd.jpg

Evil Yuna

Yeah i know how it feels.My brother (wich is older ) played the leon disc to exaustion and now it´s too damaged to work.It´s the same as broken i guess...

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I've had that happen to me as well with about half of my Resident Evil collection...Twas a sad day...
I wish I could tell my younger self...WAIT YOU'RE LETTING GOLD SLIP THROUGH YOUR FINGERS, then after I pick up the gold I dropped tell myself to be more careful with my old games. Those things are priceless or ~80 to $200 depending. I had to rebuy final fantasy VIII ....IV times! I was a negligent child.

Yep. I was browsing at Target one day, several years back lol....and found ONE last copy. I bought RE3 for the GameCube as well.

You're lucky, the bastard costs 90 dollars now. I would love to own a gamecube but I decided on a smartphone instead. I hate how my practical brain gets in the way.

Top Bottom