• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Info...

Shoot Them InThe Head

I know the idea of on the rail shooter is stupid but how else could they remake these games?! I doubt they would be good with resident evil 4+5 gameplay.. think about it, it would be too easy. A headshot would take a zombie down in a flash! At least in umb. chronicles it took alot of prcision to achieve a critical hit...

In addition i also doubt they would remake them the same way they did with REmake, although that's probably what the majority of fans want.. Anyways, this game should be epic and shed a whole new light on the story and characters.:D

Hoady

Shoot Them InThe Head;46888 said:
I know the idea of on the rail shooter is stupid but how else could they remake these games?! I doubt they would be good with resident evil 4+5 gameplay.. think about it, it would be too easy. A headshot would take a zombie down in a flash! At least in umb. chronicles it took alot of prcision to achieve a critical hit...

In addition i also doubt they would remake them the same way they did with REmake, although that's probably what the majority of fans want.. Anyways, this game should be epic and shed a whole new light on the story and characters.:D

Yeah the only other way they could pull it off is in classic views but since Umbrella Chronicles was made its probably just much cheaper and quicker using the same game engine(or whatever lol).The backgrounds graphics still look insanely good on the gamecube version i wish they would just remake it on the pig and ps3.But then again the graphics would probably just become way too intense to handle.
heart-attack6.jpg
My heart!

013;46903 said:
How in the world would RE4 and 5 gameplay be easier than ONR?

I think he ment doing The Darkside Chronicles in RE4/RE5 view would be to easy and hes pretty spot on, killing zombies in that view would be ridiculously easy lol.

^I don't think so. They already stated that they made it easier by making it OTR instead of the style they used for RE4/5 because "Wii owners like easyness."

I mean, all you do is point and shoot, there's no stratedgy.

Change the screen, that's all they have to do.

Hoady

013;46916 said:
^I don't think so. They already stated that they made it easier by making it OTR instead of the style they used for RE4/5 because "Wii owners like easyness."

Lol capcom makes terrible excuses anyone would rather play an RE4/5 type game then a time crisis game.

I mean, all you do is point and shoot, there's no stratedgy.

Change the screen, that's all they have to do.
Yeah i guess but like you gotta take into account that they still make it easy to die, i played the zero part in UC and i sucked terribly at it i got to this boss and kept dieing i think it was a giant scorpion(not the one on the train, after the monkeys are released i think and its giant lol).Well put it this way i'm way better at RE4 then UC.:p

Over the shoulder killing zombies would be delicious cake though,there just far too slow you would kill most the enemies too easy this is why we need classic view!(yeah right).

Not if they did it right. Capcom is a video game company, overall they should know how to make the game enjoyable without making it too hard, too easy, or just plain out boring.

Hoady

013;46923 said:
Not if they did it right. Capcom is a video game company, overall they should know how to make the game enjoyable without making it too hard, too easy, or just plain out boring.

Oh yeah i forget they can like change all that.:pinch:

UC was a pretty gay idea though, they could've invented something way better then time crisis.

Shoot Them InThe Head

Haha.. But at least in time crisis you can duck and cover!:p Although zombies dont carry guns:huh:

sure they only made it ONR cause it was cheap and easy as 013 mentioned. Plus to make a resident evil version of House of the dead..

UC was actually tough.. If you weren't hurt by bios, you were hit by serious arm cramps:p which made it hard to blow heads off. An over the shoulder laser guided headshot is easier!

^But see arm cramps have nothing to do with the game itself. That's the wii's retarded controls. (Excuse me wii lovers.) Depending on your arm strenght that wouldn't be much of a problem for alot of people. Hell even with PS3 and 360's controls you have to pause and wipe your hands sometimes, so a tired arm should not effect your performance in the game.

Hoady

013;46944 said:
^But see arm cramps have nothing to do with the game itself. That's the wii's retarded controls. (Excuse me wii lovers.) Depending on your arm strenght that wouldn't be much of a problem for alot of people. Hell even with PS3 and 360's controls you have to pause and wipe your hands sometimes, so a tired arm should not effect your performance in the game.

Nah i don't think its cramps its the fact you can't be bothered aiming at the screen all the time, eventually everyone gets to a stage where you can't be bothered moving so you sit down and keep your arm at a level where it doesn't need much movement lol.Re4 with the wiimote was awesome i just hated that fat cursor instead of the laser pointer, whenever i would play the wii i usually would use the classic controller.

Not even with 360 the worst your hands might get is sweaty for playing 3 hours straight and munging on greasy food, even then it will probably just get slippery lol.I tried eating while playing but it just doesn't mix.

XD That's why you pause and dry yourself off. I think I had to do that with the PS3 control when fighting Wesker in the final battle.

I was just getting ready to ask you guys. Can't you use the classic control somehow? I once saw my cousin doing this while playing smash, im not quite sure how that works.

Hoady

013;46948 said:
XD That's why you pause and dry yourself off. I think I had to do that with the PS3 control when fighting Wesker in the final battle.

I was just getting ready to ask you guys. Can't you use the classic control somehow? I once saw my cousin doing this while playing smash, im not quite sure how that works.

Lol if i'm getting sweaty while playing a game its probably a sign too turn it off.I do have trouble playing games when its a completely sunny day.First you start to feel like crap from the heat then everything gets stuffy and starts smelling like a 100 grubby boys and then the reflection in the tv gets so bad you can't see half the screen.But yes there has been times where i've played Gears of War 2 online for probably way too long lol.

Yeah you plug it in the wiimote and then classic controller works.Wiis not a bad device but its only got like 4 good games, the only reason i have kept my wii is for smash bros 64 and they can't even put that up but apparently wave racer is better.Poxy bastards.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There's a new post in the blog Talking Evil.This time, it's about the Lickers.

There are some monsters in the Resident Evil series that have really come to represent the series. Of all the scenes from Resident Evil 2 in Darkside Chronicles, but perhaps the most memorable scene was where we met the creature known as the “Licker”. With its bizarre skinless appearance as it prows walls and ceilings, its long tongue, and sharp claws, no doubt this creature has caused grief for more than a few players.

http://www.capcom-fc.com/re_dc/2009/06/this_week.html

Even with the kicked up graphics the original lickers looked way better.

But nice find.

bruno

Chief Researcher
New trailer, containing gameplay of RE2 and RECV parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4feB-imQWU

The trailer looks good, Birkin looks more monstruous (and by this, i mean bigger and with huge claws). The problem is that he seems to have no colour, when he should be crimson.
The end of the trailer is REALLY disappointing. If you want to ruin the surprise, go ahead and read the spoiler

"I'm Leon, this is Claire, and you are...?"
"Ada Wong."
THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!:(
I hope this is just a mixing of sounds to make it seem like he's talking to Ada, and in the game, he says that to Sherry and not Ada.
And also, they kept all the evident spy equipment in Ada:confused:.

ALSO

New screenshots on the ING gallery

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/143/14328873/imgs_1.html

I've noticed in one of these screenshots that Steve has an earring and a barcode tattooed on his left arm

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
bruno;47483 said:
New trailer, containing gameplay of RE2 and RECV parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4feB-imQWU

The trailer looks good, Birkin looks more monstruous (and by this, i mean bigger and with huge claws). The problem is that he seems to have no colour, when he should be crimson.
The end of the trailer is REALLY disappointing. If you want to ruin the surprise, go ahead and read the spoiler

"Ada Wong."
I hope this is just a mixing of sounds to make it seem like he's talking to Ada, and in the game, he says that to Sherry and not Ada.
And also, they kept all the evident spy equipment in Ada:confused:.

ALSO

New screenshots on the ING gallery

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/143/14328873/imgs_1.html

I've noticed in one of these screenshots that Steve has an earring and a barcode tattooed on his left arm

The trailer looks cool and all. But it really makes me wish they would have simply updated RE2, as opposed to doing a rail shooter.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Cameron;47488 said:
The trailer looks cool and all. But it really makes me wish they would have simply updated RE2, as opposed to doing a rail shooter.

I kinda understand Capcom's way of thinking:
"Let's do a Remake of RE2, which will sell lots of copies and we'll make lot's of money!! Nah, maybe we'll just do an easy rail shooter for a platform no one has, and that won't sell more than 5-6 copies."
Oh wait, maybe i don't.... :ermm:

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
bruno;47491 said:
I kinda understand Capcom's way of thinking:
"Let's do a Remake of RE2, which will sell lots of copies and we'll make lot's of money!! Nah, maybe we'll just do an easy rail shooter for a platform no one has, and that won't sell more than 5-6 copies."
Oh wait, maybe i don't.... :ermm:

Haha, I know right?

I can only imagine how bad-ass it would be to have an updated version of RE2. That scenery in the trailer is gorgeous. I'd love to see an updated Leon round-housing Mr. X.

While they're at it, I don't think it would've hurt to update CV also. Probably one the best games out there.

Bruno, thank you for posting that video. ^^

bruno;47483 said:
"Ada Wong."
I highly highly doubt it. I mentioned in another topic that I saw a video with Ada and Claire standing next to each other during gameplay. So sad. >_>

Ya know, you'd think with improved graphics and computer gear nowadays they'd have a better design for G Birkin. I must say the PS1 design is far more superior in my opinion.

William in 1998:

Birkin_form_3.jpg

William in 2009:

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090702083222975_640w.jpg

WTF, look at his hands! Not to mention he's suppose to be pink and fleshy his skin is not suppose to resemble a hunter's let alone have skin at all. Like I said before, I don't mind a few changes if it suits the purpose, but when they completely change it and it looks...well, not all that. That's when it becomes sad.
*Sigh* Well, at least I still have his human appearence to look forward too. I hope they at least do that okay. I wish they would just go back to his looks in RE0. Or something in between zero and an upgraded RE2 Birkin.

Top Bottom