• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Info...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well here is some new stuff I read up on for our newest RE game, Darkside Chronicles.:)

"The Leon in Darkside Chronicles appears as he was in 1998. This was the year the T-Virus spread throughout Raccoon City and started the whole Resident Evil series. Leon must endure a bitter struggle to escape the doomed Raccoon City.

Leon looks a little different compared to his other appearances in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4. He’s a fresh rookie cop, and his looks are somewhat soft. But we wanted to leave hints of the man Leon would become in Resident Evil 4.

We debated long and hard about what kind of voice to give this young Leon and still maintain his character’s image.

Paul Mercier did most of the voice work for Leon in Resident Evil 4. He also played Leon in the CG movie Resident Evil: Degeneration. Paul has become our image of what Leon’s character is.

We did the voice recording in Los Angeles. Paul’s real voice is actually low and cool, as it is in Degeneration. But since for this setting we needed a very young Leon, we had him say his lines in a higher pitch. Early recording sessions were drawn out at times because during intense lines, sometimes Paul would revert back to his natural, low voice. But, he was very professional. Once he understood what we were trying to accomplish with the character, recording went quite smoothly with little need for multiple takes. In my mind, Paul’s voice as Leon is dazzling. It’s perfect.

In Resident Evil 2, we were shown a Leon who was serious (almost to a fault), and a sucker for the ladies. We tried to maintain those qualities for him in Darkside Chronicles. The aim of the scenario concept for Darkside Chronicles was to preserve the feeling of the old games while making them more interesting, and to retell those stories from the first person perspective. So, we’ve decide to give Leon a little girl trouble in this game as well.
With Claire, Ada, and Sherry as the scenario’s female characters, something is bound to happen. ;-)

More than 10 years has gone by since the release of Resident Evil 2, and graphics technology has come a long way since then. Likewise, advancements in sound technology have made equally great strides. As such, I knew I would have to take character dialogue very seriously. So, I got together with Mr. Suga, whom I mentioned before, to put together the script. We decided to use dialog to give the audience a deeper look into the characters.

How could we create an emotional drama between Leon and another female character?
I met with Cinematic Director Hide Gondoh over and over trying to come up with a solution.
I’ve worked with Mr. Gondoh before on titles like Resident Evil Remake, and Resident Evil 4. He’s an extremely talented director who can handle everything from event scene choreography, to staff coordination. It just so happens that he is fond of Leon’s character. And he wisely suggested that we write Leon with a focus on realism.

Will all this tension and realism Leon is feeling fit into the game’s overall theme of “presence”?
At first I thought that with a pre-existing Resident Evil scenario, the lines for that scenario would be, for the most part, already written. But, for Darkside Chronicles, we are taking it to another level.

We will continue to challenge ourselves and make this one of the most epic Resident Evil games yet!"

NiteKrawler

"So, we’ve decide to give Leon a little girl trouble in this game as well.
With Claire, Ada, and Sherry as the scenario’s female characters, something is bound to happen."

"...Hello, I'm Chris Hanson with Dateline NBC. So, what are we doing here Mr...Kennedy, is it? Take a seat so we can talk..."

;)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Lol.:)

I think Capcom has some good ideas here, but I really wish they wouldn't be so lazy with some of the stuff...

D

Deleted member 1428

Sweet! I'm gonna get that game when it comes out.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i think a proper remake would sell 10 times more than darkside chronicles.
seems like alot of people are opposed to it.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i think its going to be more focused on RE2, with bits of CV thrown in, but who knows really until its released.

Zombie Enclave

I'll get it to see how much improved it is.

I am a fan of Time Crisis and House of the Dead which are rail shooters so I can tolerate it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There's a new teaser in which we can hear Alexia, i think, saying something like "Please, don't be so hard on yourself, brother. We can still have much fun playing our games", and also contains the announcment of a new new video coming out June 3rd.

Edit: Forgot the link, it's in the official site

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_dc/jp.html

Maybe it was Alfred speaking as Alexia

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!! I can't wait! ><

I will enjoy seeing what the new and remade cut-scenes are gonna be like. Too bad I can't say the same for the on the rails gameplay.

We'll get to see an updated version of the twins and Steve. Super kewl! And Annette too, screw Irons though lol.

Maybe it was Alfred speaking as Alexia
(Forgot to reply to this.) It probably is. Inless they changed the scene because the twins never really got a chance to speak to each other as adults in the original game.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, I don't think that's Alexia speaking there, unfortunetely.

013;42370 said:
We'll get to see an updated version of the twins and Steve. Super kewl! And Annette too, screw Irons though lol.
Haha, I am so thrilled as well to be seeing the updated versions of Alexia and Alfred. It'll be awesome. :)

Zombie Enclave

Alfred: *takes off Alexia costume* Wait, now you hav a first person view and you can see this room? Damnit, the old veiw made it impossible for you to see that!

Claire: WUT.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Wow, thanks a bunch Bruno.:) I got goosebumps when I head Alexia, I think it may be her same voice actress, which will be great.:) I just hope Wesker isn't voiced by D.C. Douglas, and although Steve got a bunch of complaints, I would like for him to be the same, and just improve on what was too whiny perhaps, as I thought his voice actor did a good job on the whole.:)

Top Bottom