• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Info...

bruno

Chief Researcher
New post in the Talking Evil blog, this time about Steve

One more thing that makes Steve hard to forget is that he carries with him some baggage; a shadowy secret in his past, a dark side, related to why he was imprisoned on that island. At first he tries to hide its very existence, but little by little it comes to light. We learn that this dark side actually stems from Steve’s relationship with his father. Shadows are a product of light, and light cannot be completely separated from darkness. So in keeping with the “Darkside” theme, this is a tale of shadows and family.

What is Steve’s fate? Will he be able to escape his dark past?

see the whole post:
http://www.capcom-fc.com/re_dc/2009/06/steve_shadow.html

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I hate how they say stuff like this, "Steve will be given a more modern makeover, without tarnishing his original look"....why would they make it look more modern!?

Seriously, did they think that out. Why would anyone want Steve to look like he is from 2009 when he is supposed to be in 1998? And this was the same idiotic logic behind Claire's changes.:(

bruno

Chief Researcher
Steve's changes are very few, he's almost the same. The same for claire in CV (from what i saw).
Claire's changes in RE2 are a little more dramatic. I think blue shorts suit her better, but I don't like the sunglasses and the "purse" she wears around the shorts. Also, i never liked the idea of claire (even in the original) be wearing a knife from the start.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Steve's changes are minimal, I can't argue with that, but the fact that the change is his collar being popped...that just looks stupid, since it wasn't like that before, and popped collars is Leon's thing.:)

Claire, well in the CVX one, her hair looks nothing like it did, her outfit is almost exactly the same however, the RE2 one had some more drastic changes, like the collar not only being changed, but was also popped up...I will admit that the blue shorts do look better, which is why I don't mind that change as much, but why would they do that, it should be like it was...I don't know why they keep trying to modernize the characters.:(

As for Claire's knife, well it seems to be a Redfield tradition, if anything it is innappropriate for Leon to have the knife, it is some kind of paradox, as he didn't get the idea of having the chest holster for the knife until at least after meeting Claire during RE2, and we saw him wearing it in RE4, but in DC they make him have it by RE2, which doesn't make any sense...

Well back to Claire, other than the Redfield tradition, the knife seemed inappropriate to begin with, as why would she bring that to Raccoon City, I mean she couldn't have known there was a zombie outbreak...

My guess, since she was riding a motorcycle, it seems okay, maybe she was expecting to encounter the Hell's Angels???

Levan

Polkka. lol
Maybe it's for self defense and Claire's a bit of a magnet for trouble, so Chris suggested she should bring a knife always like he does... But it's just a theory. :p

Well, almost all of us already know Steve's fate, so why did the guy make some sort of teaser question? Unless Steve would somehow miraculously survive.

And I'm guessing, they'll put a little more emphasis on Wesker's "Maybe I'll bring him back the same way as I did" dialogue by adding more info on what happens to Steve after the events of Code Veronica in the game, hopefully.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah they could add something to what happened to Steve, almost like they did with Billy at the end of the RE0 part for UC, saying something like, "Since the incident, Billy has gone missing" or something along those lines, which of course still leaves it open, but those little things do help.:)

rocklikebrucelee

:( this sucks...

The game was initially going to play similarly to Resident Evil 4. However, in an interview with Famitsu, the game's producer Masachika Kawata revealed the reason for the drastic change in gameplay. According to him, "Wii users like easiness" and that a Resident Evil 4-style game is "too complicated" for Wii users to enjoy. Masachika Kawata then elaborated that "complex operability can be an obstacle for Wii users", and that he purposefully had to "compromise to a lower difficulty level" and "reduce enthusiast-only elements"

WHY!?!??!?!? What makes Wii users want easiness?! They made RE4 for Wii, why change things for this game!? I think Capcom's just gotten lazy... :\

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i would have loved to have seen an over the shoulder remake, but you cant hope for too much.
at least your getting some sort of remake.
just because wii users like it esay, doesnt mean everyone has to suffer with a crappy rail shooter.

rocklikebrucelee;46549 said:
:( this sucks...

The game was initially going to play similarly to Resident Evil 4. However, in an interview with Famitsu, the game's producer Masachika Kawata revealed the reason for the drastic change in gameplay. According to him, "Wii users like easiness" and that a Resident Evil 4-style game is "too complicated" for Wii users to enjoy. Masachika Kawata then elaborated that "complex operability can be an obstacle for Wii users", and that he purposefully had to "compromise to a lower difficulty level" and "reduce enthusiast-only elements"

WHY!?!??!?!? What makes Wii users want easiness?! They made RE4 for Wii, why change things for this game!? I think Capcom's just gotten lazy... :\
And this is why the wii isn't taken seriously. :sleep:

aintnoscrub

Premium
hahaha the wii has never been taken seriously, its just for abit of fun and like "party" games, and its terribly unfair how they get resident evil and then downsize it so to speak by making it easy

Alexia looks much more beautiful in the clearer and larger picture. She's still not as beautiful as she was in CV even with the higher graphics. I thought it might be Alfred, but seeing that other picture of him...Ehh I dunno. Im dissapointed with his look...And what the fudge is that on her neck?! Doesn't look like any necklace i've come across and it looks like its in her skin.

I swear Claire better be as kickass as she was in CV.

And why have they began to start making all the blondes of Resident Evil have dark roots? Does it make it easier for them?

YOU DEAD! :p Lol, What was up with that and all the other writing on the walls?

Thankyou for that Bruno. ^^

aintnoscrub;46584 said:
hahaha the wii has never been taken seriously, its just for abit of fun and like "party" games, and its terribly unfair how they get resident evil and then downsize it so to speak by making it easy
I agree.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
And what the fudge is that on her neck?! Doesn't look like any necklace i've come across and it looks like its in her skin.
I noticed that too. It definitely looks like it has been implanted into her skin. Perhaps it really is Alexia, and perhaps that's the stone that was on her choker in CV? Only, this time around Capcom is much more melodramatic and has decided it would be creepier to actually put it in her skin?

bruno

Chief Researcher
013;46625 said:
I swear Claire better be as kickass as she was in CV.

From what i read in Talking Evil, I think they'll make her an annoying, crying and childish in the RE2 part, but more adult and calm in the CV part. The same to Leon

The whiny crying part irritates me, but Leon was more child-like in RE2 so that's ok. As for Claire she seemed a litte more mature. Heh, makes ya wonder if Leon really was 18 rather than the 21 that was suggested.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I hate when they say that, "Wii owners like easy"...that is probably one of the most annoying lines I have ever heard...

Just because some of the people playing are under 7 or over 50, doesn't mean they can't make a serious titles...

RE4 Wii Edition was terrific, I loved that game more than the other three versions of it...

aintnoscrub

Premium
if wii owners like there games easy, then they should stay away from games like resident evil, RE should stick to a real console, one that gamers take seriously

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh, and I didn't even notice your pics Bruno, thanks those are excellent...

And I think the one of Aleixa, is still Alfred, because the scenery looks like on Rockfort, not Antartica...so for those who were dissapointed, don't fret just yet.:)

I had that thought in the back of my mind. If that is Alfred, im glad he has a pretty face, as I believe that to be a part of the character. Im not used to him having a rough masculine face.
aintnoscrub;46645 said:
if wii owners like there games easy, then they should stay away from games like resident evil, RE should stick to a real console, one that gamers take seriously

Again, I agree.

Top Bottom